Custom Body mounting

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Shypo
      Participant

I have a couple of shells which I am in the process of turning into custom shells for my Z. i am working on a C-west Rx7 at the moment and its my main focus. I have made the front mount and I have body clips.. only problem is the clips are about 2 cm’s away from the side of the shell. anyone have any ideas what to put between the shell and the clips??
      I have tried using foam and polystyrene but neither worked very well. i thought of those both for the cushiong effect so the chassis doesnt get destroyed.

Anyone got any idea’s on the side clip space filla?

secondly. Does anyone have an Rx3 or new 350z model kits they want to get around or ahve seen around that they could prucahse 4 me and then i purchase off you?

thanks

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

VR-4
      Participant

try useing small o rings. like somthing off a shock shaft

Shypo
      Participant

i am currently just using credit card cut to a contour but im npt happy with it.. got better idea’s to keep it locked in place

VR-4
      Participant

try scrapin a old body and superglueing the clips on the inside of the body

Shypo
      Participant

man i have clips.. wtf is “scrapin”?

I cant glue em on the inside of the shell or to the body cos there is 2 large a distance as i sed in the first 1.. thats why im using credit card which is elogated

VR-4
      Participant

try gap filling ca or some 90 sec epoxy bolth are thick and can get the job done or use epozy putty to space the clipse and cover it with 90 sec epozy and they will never come off

Shypo
      Participant

epoxy is 2 heavy and gooey… i dont like it

VR-4
      Participant

well your not to concerined about weight if your useing a heavy body so dont be to picky if it works use it ojust shave some weight somewhare else

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Dude, just because it is a heavy body doesnt mean you should add any more weight, i understand what you mean shypo. I guess a piece of plastic or balsawood might be ok.

Shypo
      Participant

the shell isnt very heavy right now and Im looking to keep it light as possible…
      i was thinkin balsa would be good…

VR-4
      Participant

you can make extensions out of lexan

Keymaster

You could fabricate a small ‘box’ using two plates seperated by say 4 rods and a cross brace. For the rods use plastic sprue from the plastic kit and for the plates some thicker plastic.

Glue 1 plate to the side mount, the other plate to the inside of the shell?

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Shypo
      Participant

i think im gonna go with the balsa idea as i can wedge that in..

Keymaster

balsa, light cheap and dodgy, perfect for non-cosmetic work 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

GT-ahh
      Participant

balsa is very porous so you could let a glue soak into it to stiffen it up abit

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah thats what i was thinking, a glue like cyano would soak into it and make it quite strong.

Shypo
      Participant

definetly what im gonna do.. thanks for the input fella’s

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

No probs

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.