Cyclona Bit Char-C Clone at HobbyCo for $12.95

Home Forums Bit Char-G, Digi-Q and other Micros Bit CharG and Micro Radio Controlled – Discussion Cyclona Bit Char-C Clone at HobbyCo for $12.95

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      kevsta
      Participant

I wondered into Hobbyco after work today to see if what bit chars they had and noticed they had Cyclona – they are in a clear dome casing. They have 4 models available Honda S2000, Subaru WRX, Toyota Van (I think ?), and a Toyota Celica in 27mhz and 45mhz.

I’ve never seen a clone up close being a newbie to all of this, but on closer inspection noticed that the subaru’s shell does not sit flat on the chassis – the left side of the was much lower then the right side when looking at the vehicle front on. Also the paintwork seemed a little off mark. Don’t know much more details than this, the assistant didn’t have much idea about motor specs, whether the shells were interchangeable etc.. etc..

In the end, I did not part with my $12.95. Now I know the term you’ve all been saying.. “you get what you pay for”

Cheers…

ph2t
      Participant

Clones are always potluck kevsta, you can get some great ones and you can get some serious crap too. To date all my clones though have better range than my TOMY originals, go figure!

I gotta say that $12.95 is a pretty good price for clones. I’ve usually bought them at $20 to $25 dollars each…..

feelin’ like a sucka now………..

ph2t.

Cranga
      Participant

Has any one tried the palm sized racers that they have for $15?? i was thinkin they could be a good size for drifting?

Its nice to be important,

But more important to be nice.:approve:

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

20-25??? thats a lot to pay for a clone. Here in the US ive gotten clones that were good for $2 USD, ive also gotten a lot of crap so…yea.

you are currently at: http://www.ausmicro.com

ph2t
      Participant

That’s the way it goes Downunder mate…….

kevsta
      Participant

I couldn’t hold back today and went out and bought one. I figured that at such a cheap price, I could get this one airborne and not have to worry about damage. Also if I need to practice modifications, then this would be ideal for it. I might even paint the shell to get rid of those white racing stripes.

The celica shell seems to be sit flat on the chassis – can’t say the same for the wrx though. Opened it up and the base of the motor is yellow – don’t know what rpm it is but it drives similar to my tomy original. Perhaps someone else can tell me.

Ph2t, I agree – the range on this thing is much better than the tomys.

Steering is a bit out of whack, left turn circle is noticeably smaller than the right turn circle. Don’t know if this can be fixed or not. But I’m not fussed about it.

All in all, I’m quite happy with it. Just have to run the motor in a bit and see how smooth it’ll be.

Cheers.

🙂

ph2t
      Participant

Good stuff Kevsta, the daul batt mod I did the other day was on a clone, lest to say that I’ve learnt alot using my clone guinea pig.

The clone motor you speak of, has it a bell end contact on it like the yellow shown in this thread. The yellow in the pic was measured using micro’s DYNO at about a 2.5.

With the steering you can open the front assembly and check the position of the steering coil. In one of my clones the left coil was closer to the magnet than the right. This was due to bad mounting in production. I removed the coil, cleaned the glue from the area and fixed it back in and this balanced up the steering really well. Also at times the magnet isn’t fixed well to the steering arm and it can become loose. Just put a bit of glue in the arm and re-set the magnet in the centre and that helps as well. Just remember to put the magnet in the correct way or your steering goes to crap….

ph2t.

z-beam
      Participant

the clone motors have a bit more torque than most tomy ones. the pink twisty logos are my favorite.

kevsta
      Participant

The motor on this clone doesn’t have any bell ends just a yellow bottom which is flat.

Looks like it has a range of 5 metres and goes equal if not better than my standard tomy.

Thanks for the tips on how to correct the steering. I’ll look into applying the fixes later. But for now, I’m just going to enjoy it.:D

This stuff is addictive.

Cheers.

Shypo
      Participant
      Quote:
      Has any one tried the palm sized racers that they have for $15?? i was thinkin they could be a good size for drifting?

Its nice to be important,

But more important to be nice.:approve:

I was looking at those a little while ago.. My guess is they are pretty crap cos they always seem to hav the same number on display

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      This stuff is addictive.

Kevsta, kiss your bank balance and your social life goodbye.
      I have, I know I’m not the only one, and I’ve only been into these things for 6 months !!

:DuA

jord001
      Participant

yeah Im up to 12 bits now.2 tomy and the rest clones most of them cyclona’s 2 shen’s and 3 panthers, only had one duff one so far and the range is much better than my tomy’s. Infact i got 2 new clones today but i really only got them for the shells (pickup and a 4×4) never seen them before.

found these looking in the USA yahoo auctions

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo.com/auction/73535698?aucview=0x27

I have to keep them in a locked tool box so my girlfriend doesn’t see how many I have LOL.

catch u all laterz

jord :approve:

Mini Cooper B3.0 Has anyone else got one?
      R34 skyline booster
      R32 skyline standard
      Yellow Supra B2.2
      others B2.2’s but standard.

My Pics @ http://community.webshots.com/user/jord01

dgs73
      Participant

ah, Cyclonas… these clones were the first non Tomy car i’d gotten, though the asking price around my way for them is $25 – $30! $12 is a heaps better price, might get a couple for my nephew for his b-day…
      Gotta agree with you too, ‘Amps, only been into these 6-8 months but hey, finances are shot to hell, and i havent had this little social life since Final Fantasy 7 came out on PS1!!! AND I DONT CARE:D:smiley2:

jord001
      Participant

MORNING ALL
      My cyclona bits cost me ?5 each, they had damaged boxes. Not quite as good quality as the tomy’s, apart from that they’re real good for the money. I’ll try to get more original bits and get rid of some of the clones eventually. I’m trying to get different shells now. I have enough bits for the moment. My wallet is a bit thin too after all the stuff I keep buying. I seem to spend all my time messing with them and typing on here. I have designed a track but can’t build it yet coz I have jobs around the house to do. My girlfriend would cut my nuts off if I built my track first. When I’ts done we have a good excuse for all the lads to come round on a saturday night for racing and beer “big cheer”:smiley2:

jord :approve:

Mini Cooper B3.0 Has anyone else got one?
      R34 skyline booster
      R32 skyline standard
      Yellow Supra B2.2
      others B2.2’s but standard.

My Pics @ http://community.webshots.com/user/jord01

ph2t
      Participant

Good stuff, Jord……:D

kevsta
      Participant

Ph2t, I fixed up the steering on the celica. Turns out the magnet was more closer to the left coil.
      Thanks for your help on this.

I bought another cyclona bit (wrx) for my wife’s nephew who is 6 years old.:D

The wrx doesn’t have the problem with steering. It’s turning circles are good and it does 360 degree spins with no problems.

Cheers,
      Kevin.

ph2t
      Participant

That’s why it’s potluck when it comes to clones….:approve:

ph2t.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.