Derek is back ;-)

Home Forums General Chat Derek is back ;-)

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Derek
      Participant

Firstly, I’d like to use this opportunity to wish you all a (VERY) belated slab of Christmas and Happy New Year wishes. Yes, I’ve been laying very low for the last 6-8 weeks as there’s been a lot of stuff (mostly good!) happening in my life. But I’ve decided to give myself more time on the things that make me happy and ausmicro.com is one of those things – so expect to see my idle ramblings a little more often!

LOTS of new faces on the forums, which is great to see! Sometime during the Chistmas/Holiday period we had the forum hacked and there was always the deep-seated concern that longterm damage would be done to the work that we (Aaron, Me and YOU) have put into the community. Thankfully, and due largely to the enormous personal efforts of Aaron, we’ve come back bigger and better than ever. Sure there’s some tweaking to be done, but the architecture is there for a big future. Thanks, too, to the small team of dedicated moderators who are doing a great job keeping the house in order (which gives Aaron and I an opportunity to sleep every now and then!)

I’ve been juggling my hobby time amongst my cars. As many of you know, I enjoy a mix of Micro RC (esp Tomy Bit Char-G), Mini RC (esp Kyosho Mini-Z), 1:10 scale (I have a Tamiya nitro touring car) and my 1:1 scale car 😉 Christmas was a great opportunity to pull all of the gear out onto the loungeroom floor (err… except the 1:1 scale) and give everything a clean/tune/test. Thankfully everything still works!

I gave the gift of a Bit Char-G to a close friend for Christmas. He’d never seen anything like it in his life! Yeah – it had a standard 1.0 motor in it, but he was blown away. After countless upgrades, hacks and mods, I’d forgotten how much fun even the standard cars were. Of course, he’s since ordered himself some hop-ups from TradingDirect and I don’t think his life will ever be the same again. On my advice he threw in a Micro B 2.6 and suddenly his mother and cat hate me for the monster I’ve created. Their home’s flooring is not officially a racetrack. Another addict joins the fold. Expect to see him on the forums sooner or later.

I see interest continues to grow about some race meets. I know that Steve from TradingDirect has a few ideas, as do you guys and Aaron/myself. Rain, hail or shine (or bushfire as the case is at the moment) we WILL have an ausmicro.com raceday in Q1 this year. Stay tuned for more information/collaboration on the details.

I know it’s kind of off-topic, but I’d like to extend my personal sympathies to anyone affected by the bushfire season here in Australia. In the last 6 months we’ve lost almost 550 family homes across the country (including 450+ in Canberra last weekend) to these horrific fires. I hope and pray that none of you have been directly affected. If you have the capacity to make a donation (large or small) to the bushfire appeal, you can find details of the branch/account numbers at CBA Bushfire Appeal details

Finally, thanks for your continued support of mini/micro RC hobbies and your interest in ausmicro.com. Bring on 2003

Kind regards

Derek Jenkins
      Sydney, NSW, Australia

Shypo
      Participant

welcome back Derek, good to c you lurking in the boards again!!

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant

Ya!

btw, I see nothing wrong with parking the 1:1 on the loungeroom floor. (You notice that is always only the women who whinge/cringe at that suggestion? :))

Shypo
      Participant

my dad once threw a lawnmower in the pool cos it wasnt working the way he hoped

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Lazboy
      Participant

Welcome back

CompactChar-G 40Mhz S2000 range mod, spring suppention
      Bit Char-G 57mhz Booster Fairlady Z

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      my dad once threw a lawnmower in the pool cos it wasnt working the way he hoped

Jeez… your dad has a problem! 👿
      Getting it WET is probably the last way to make it start!! 😀

Shypo
      Participant

no it was just out of aggrevation and there was another time when he was almost clipped when drving and he swung his car around cutting off 3 lanes of the harbour bridge while he got out of the car and punched someone in the head for almost clipping him.. lol best not be crossin my dad when doin sumthin stupid LOL

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Crom
      Participant
      Quote:
      no it was just out of aggrevation and there was another time when he was almost clipped when drving and he swung his car around cutting off 3 lanes of the harbour bridge while he got out of the car and punched someone in the head for almost clipping him.. lol best not be crossin my dad when doin sumthin stupid LOL

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Gee, and Melbourne is supposed to be the road rage capital of Australia…

The impossible just takes a little longer

Shypo
      Participant

you should meet my dad lol, before there was a court incident he was KRAZY when someone pissed him off. as you can c LOL

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

your dad sounds cool shypo 😀

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Shypo
      Participant

lol thanks Barrell, when he gets really really annoyed one day i’l take a pic LOL:clown:

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant

Best to use a “disposable” camera… guess after all these yrs you can RUN faster than he can, eh? 😯

Shypo
      Participant

damn straight lol. yeah a disposable would be pretty good but i think he would enjoy me taking pics just to show him later

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Why is it women get blamed for not wanting cars on the lounge room floor??????
      Hmmmmmmm
      Anyway
      *pulls self back on topic*

WELCOME BACK DEREK!!!!!

Good to see you back in the saddle, so to speak :smiley2:

Hope you enjoy your port

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.