do led kits drain batteries faster/slow down Z??

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods – Technical do led kits drain batteries faster/slow down Z??

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hey guys
      happy b day aaron
      i was just wondering if the led kit for the mini z s slow down the car or drain the batteries??
      can some1 please help me out
      and any1 who wants to sell bodies please contact me:smiley16::evil::shy::smiley2::approve:blackeye::p:blush::dead::D:question::clown::):sad:

Shypo
      Participant

they dont seem to slow the car down.. they dont drain the battery cos they have there own.

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Admin
      Participant

thanks bud

Shypo
      Participant

No probs.. only downside is they add weight and cost a fair bit, lucky i got mine from Bithed:D

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

jazza_1984
      Participant

my LED kit weighs next to nothing, probly 50 grams at the omst and they would all be the same… the added weight is not noticable at all it is so miniscule… and lights sets fullly assembled are only about 25 to 30 dollars so they are cheap as well… i hghly recommend them i think that they are great

Ţŭ₣₣Кı??

Shypo
      Participant

Yeah true Jazza, Do you have the Kyosho one?
      i have the kyosho one and it has like 4-6 lights and batterys. 50g may only seem a little bit but in a car which only ways like 500G thats 1/10th of the things weight.
      I leabe them out anyways cos i cant be bothered to drill the lights thru so i can put them in.. maybe one day when i wanna put my car on show but for now its there for racing and thrashing around the place.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Jarratt, dont forget 50 grams is about 1/4 the weight of your whole car. Thats like adding say 400kg to a normal car…….

The current that LEDS draw is so tny that it is almost insignificant to affecting the runtime of your car.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

jazza_1984
      Participant

it weighs 10 grams i took it in to work and piut it on the industrial scales 😉

shypo it is not kyosho lights set… it has 4 leds, two white, two red it was a custom job…

yeah i have it in my mini z that is SUPPOSED to be for show, but ends up finding its way to the race track more often than not because for some reason, my friend and i cant work it out… the thing flies… uses same batteries, etc as my race z… dont understand, but anyway…

FreeLoader101
      Participant

why dont u guys just make ur own lite kits?? or do these like have special functions or sumthin.. like that full lite kit for Bit Char-g with the turn signles and brake lites?? if not then lites are hella easy to do..

Shypo
      Participant

the lights I have do the following

-light up full beam when going forwards
      -brake lights are doim when driving and become bright when stopping
      -work off the cars battery
      -have 6 different Led’s

FreeLoader101
      Participant

ok.. so basically they’re really simple:dead:

it would be fairly easy to do turn signals.. just build a blinker that turns on certain lights when ur servo is powered.. i have a blinker.. i just need to figure out a way of making it work.. next would be brake lights.. u’d need a switch that will turn them on when no other power is felt from the motor.. my skool has those.. next is reverse lights.. just hook em to ur motor.. mabey with a delay timer so that if ur just braking they dont come on…… low and high beams would be cool too… i wouldnt mind gettin my hands on one of those little full light mods that sumone made for Bits.. only made for Z’s instead.. ne one know who built it?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

My car has Ultra bright white headlights, and rainbow underbody neons, which look sick. One of my headlights is failing tho which sucks.

FreeLoader101
      Participant

y dotchu fix it?? ima have crazy green and yellow headlights.. then i have these LEDs that look clear but glow red.. so its perfect for altezza.. i need 2 more tho.. and i need sum clears or blues for reverse.. if i end up makin sum crazy turnsignals and such i’ll make a tutorial for everyone.. prolly next year tho.. when im back in skool

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      y dotchu fix it?? ima have crazy green and yellow headlights.. then i have these LEDs that look clear but glow red.. so its perfect for altezza.. i need 2 more tho.. and i need sum clears or blues for reverse.. if i end up makin sum crazy turnsignals and such i’ll make a tutorial for everyone.. prolly next year tho.. when im back in skool

Cause im guna make a new set with 7000MCD leds….

Im also buying a new shell just to mod, its guna be…

A green Toyota MRS with carbon hood (cause its a cheap shell)

-with Green underbody neons that beat to subwoofer.

-Superbright LED headlights/tail lights

-Multicolour neon tubes in the back window and front grille.

-Lowered Body

Aaaaaannnd im guna *try* to make a stereo, just gotta find ok speakers.

What else do u guys think i should do to my shell??

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Whatabout an electronic BOV simulator??

FreeLoader101
      Participant

BOV=???

Shypo
      Participant

Blow Off Valve = BOV

FreeLoader101
      Participant

ohhhhh i c…. whats a blow off valve??

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Blow OFF Valve

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

its used in turbo cars to release excess pressure.

FreeLoader101
      Participant

ohhh is that the sound u hear when the turbo goes? that “PTWooo” sound? ok.. i gettit

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Like when turbo cars change gears the go ‘PSSHHHHTTTT’

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.