Drag Z

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

Today i ran my z on a scale 1/4 mile and my highest speed of the day was 48.3 mph useing a 21 turn mod. tomorrow i’m gonna try my handwound 17 turn tripple. im sorry i cant tell you mset ups im trying for the fastest mini z the record at the track i race at is 53.5mph.

with all the power my mini z has the foam and soft rubber tires still wont hook up so i tryed this i took some silacone sealer and put a light coat on my tires after i ruffed them up a little and traction is not a problem any more.

1 prob with my car is that i dont think its getting enought juce off the line so im intalling a 5.5v 4700 uf cap so when i get the high drane of slaming on the gas i can get a lil more juice to my motor

well i know most of you got x speeds btpost your highest speed in here

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

My highest speed is 27km/h :blush:

I think one of those 5.5v 1,000,000 uF caps would do the trick.

VR-4 i have a pretty good mini z setup, but it lacks speed and power, what turbo should i use if i was to use a handwound with bb’s and Neodymium magnets?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

VR-4 do you find that your z rolls when cornering?

GT-ahh
      Participant

am i allowed to put a 3 stage estes setup on my Z?

Shypo
      Participant

^lmfao… that would go kinda fast:p

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

My dad has a pack of estes C6-7 rocket motors, mght rig em up 🙂

53.85 mph is 85km/h which is fast!!!!!!!!

man my 1/10 dont have a hope of managing that.

Shypo
      Participant

lol when u want to deploy a parachute ur car will prolly blow up

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

…..or rip your car in half

VR-4
      Participant

yeah im now up to 57.6mph but i still cant touch my schumacher fusion a 1/10 touring car with a novarossi .21 and a 3speed. top speed on that car was 93.1 mph. took a big stores parking lot ta get it ta speed and i layed on the brake and it dident stock in time and i hit a curb at about 30 and launched it about 50 feet away and only broke the left arm and scrached the heatsink.

as for rolling it rolls like cheeh and chong lmao

im still not done with how fast my z is i got alot more planned for it. right now im makeing a custom rear end thats gonna be like a pro stocks car 9inch rear end. the mound is going to relocare the motor and let me use micro rs4 tires and rims.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Holy sh1t dude thats so fast for a mini z…can it corner at these speeds or is it only for drag racing??

Edited by – jamiekulhanek on 04 July 2003 11:14:32

VR-4
      Participant

it can corner till about 30mph then its just to fast and only goes str8

GT-ahh
      Participant

nah shypo when i want to deploy the parachute itll fire staples at peoples ankles….

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

lol how creative!

VR-4
      Participant

yes i am god of mini z drag racing today i broke the 60mph mark. i switched to tires that were a little bigger dia. and regeared it. it was clocked at 60.2 mph running 2 lithum. 3 volt batt’s to cut weight down.

after i passed the scale 1/4 mile mark i made a my bad and turned my car to the left and lets say there no more clarsonic skyline body left but thats ok i got a lime green mr2 body on its way to my house.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

What sort of lithium batteries did you use VR-4?

GT-ahh
      Participant

whe u gonna get urself a digi-camera VR, u can obviously afford one or borrow one from one of ur buddies draconis or nml

VR-4
      Participant

i got a cam i just gotta buy a flash card for it.

the lithum batts were out of a cordless phone pack

GT-ahh
      Participant

i had a horror smashs today with shypo, i ran onto a paved area at full speed and the ruts caused my car to veer left straight into a pole…. broke the shell clear from the chassis and got about 1 ft of air straight up….luckily my fet stack survived…

VR-4
      Participant

i just stacked 2X20 to bad i had to remotly locate them with wires. so far 1 kid saw them and sad wtf and i said yeah your turbo is like 7lbs of boost im pimpin 30lbs with a 200shot buddy 🙂 pics comeing soon i just got payed and im buying a 128mb card for my cam

Shypo
      Participant

Gt-ahh’s entire car flipped over in mid air then slammed.. jebus that was funny and the fact that I almost lost my rim and i lost my wheel nut sucked:blush:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

that sucks eh, i have 3 alloy wheelnuts and one nylon

VR-4
      Participant

let me interduce you to my friend “thredlock”

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Can Mr. Threadlock find my lost wheelnut? Nope didnt think so, and i take my wheels off often, so it would be useless, and the locknuts have the plastic locker thing anyway, mine came off because god hates me.

VR-4
      Participant

just ben 1 of the threds on the axle to make friction. i read that in a tip in rc car action not to long ago ta keep 1/10th wheele nuts on

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

As i said…IT IS TOO LATE NOW :blush:

VR-4
      Participant

well for next time. i got about 10 sets of wheel nuts i got 5 stock 2 sets of blue and 3 derlin sets

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.