Drifting

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

do you guys know of any places i can go to download vid clips of bit char-g’s drifting? and do the drift kits actually make the car drift like in real life? i know it would take alot of practice just like in real life but i think just to see a mini rc car drifting would be awesom.

Until you find something worth dying for, there’s nothing worth living for….

Shypo
      Participant

the Drift Axle does not rerally make your car drift it makes you do tons of donuts, some guys in Japan have done it but who knows how!!!
      i think it would be awesome, i have seen pics but its very easy to stage a Drift pic

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Admin
      Participant

ive been looking all over and i havent been able to find any vids with drifting bit char-g’s ide try the japanese sites but i dont think i can red japanese :-p

Shypo
      Participant

have you looked in our links section, just have a look at the japanese sites if you can follow a picture then you can get yourself soem vids from ther ei believe. it has some pretty obvious looking links

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant

Actually if you have a big space drifting is not that hard… its just practising car control on the edge of ‘losing it’.

Keeping the car sideways AND intact when the road is narrow & windy is a lot harder 🙂 (not to mention avoid spilling the tofu).

PandaBear
      Participant

Haha, oh yeah, thanks FIREFOX for coming over here to the New Forum. You’re the one who posted recently in the Oldie, right? :smiley2: Welcome!

Shypo
      Participant

i have tried in my garage and i can slide but i spin out at the end which is extremely annoying:angry:. i find hard bit racer tyres are really good for getting close and not so much spin out

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Admin
      Participant

haha yah i felt kinda retarded about that, but im where the action is now. ive been trying to get my car to somewhat drift for like 3 hours and ive been using different types of tire combos but no luck just lots of constant spinning out and uncontrolled driving ive gottem some sort of drifting action but it can never get it to follow though or eaven engage. i whanna see what one of these look like when actually drifting but ive had no luck with finding vid clips ill keep looking though.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

BCG’s are too slow to do proper drifts, a dual cell/tri cell mod and med tyres should allow you to do long controlled drifts.

With an on/off throttle, managing drifts is not easy.

The world is mine

Cranga
      Participant

If you want some hints on drift car setup go to this link- http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=14166a8f507c88bd65c16a8d94cdb8ff&threadid=2244

Bap Bap Bap

Admin
      Participant

still no vid links? i wonder why its soo hard to find em its not like its impossible to drift them if anyting ide rather see vids of these drifting more than anything.

PandaBear
      Participant

BCGs really don’t have enough power to do serious power-on slides, the most you could wish for is hooking the tail out whilst turning a corner.

Try putting hard tyres on the back, then driving on a glass tabletop.

Nothing like a bigger RC though, with full proportional control – especially a big 21 buggy with tons of excess power. It’ll go sideways more than it goes forwards.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Mini Z is okay for drifting tho, i did a particularly good one today.

The world is mine

Admin
      Participant

yah i got a .15 nitro rustler 1/10 scale and i got that drifting on dirt and street anytime i want. i would like to see the mini zracers drift too im actually thinking about getting one but bit char-gs are addicting

Cranga
      Participant

True that! especialy when you have a boring dinner date or something like that, you can just whip it out of your pocket and play around the table in the middle of a restraunt without creating any disturbance, apart from kids with their eager eyes and their dads giving you strange looks!

Bap Bap Bap

Lazboy
      Participant

I find driffting easyer with a booster bit
      you just hit forward turn then while turning just tap the booster button and the bit just seems to slide out it is great but normal driffting is very hard i want to get a mini Z as well 🙂

CompactChar-G 40Mhz S2000 range mod, spring suppention
      Bit Char-G 57mhz Booster Fairlady Z

Shypo
      Participant

getting close to drifting is alot easier with a booster and some varnished masonite i.e my track

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

drifting is very fun on polished floor boards, even more so in the mini z hey shypo :smiley2:

Shypo
      Participant

ohhh yes Barrelll. i drive on my garage floor, polished concrete, the car just wont stay straight, hmmm guees i may have to stay sidewasy!!!:D:D:D:D

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

hehehe, love the mini z 😀 but my next car is going to be INSANE … 1/10 monster truck, im going to kill myself in this thing 👿

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Cranga
      Participant

This weekend i set up a basic mess around track for ma and me mates, i had a large piece of cardboard, bout 6 X 4 feet. I had half of it on about 15 deg angle (going from flat to down)- if you know what i mean, then i had a long corner on this downslope with some cooking oil, once the oil soaked in i was able to do some very nice four wheel drifting, and the car wouldnt do a full spin (after a few hours of practice)which made racing very fun! but might need a new set of tyres now as the cars just like to spin on anything with oils soaked into the rubber! I also had a hill climb event going, which was cool, increasint the angle and amount of oil as we went, It sure beat watching the cricket this weekend!

Bap Bap Bap

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.