Got my first REAL bit and its crap

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      jord001
      Participant

Ok guys and gals Today i became the proud owner of a REAL TOMY BIT CHAR G. I opted for the G-25 Auto Modellista Set mainly cos I love the supra and the R-32 skyline, anyway back to the point. This car is so slow it’s unreal. It’s supposed to have a micro B 2.2 motor?
      It’s also one of the booster’s so it goes faster on the press of a button.(correct it does).Can anyone else confirm this “slowness”?
      I am not impressed and my ?5 mini cooper goes 2x as fast and thats a bag of pooooo. UPDATE>>>>>>> have i got a duff motor? It sounds like a diesel when its going slow with the original motor in.

I have put another motor in the bit from a CLONE and it is stupidly rapid without the boost. lol

Here’s 2 pics of the the motor (last two) and my collection of bits so far.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jord01

Edited by – jord001 on 25 April 2003 08:34:53

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

that link is bad

you are currently at: http://www.ausmicro.com

jord001
      Participant

Ok sorted… I put the wrong url. It’s my first time…….please forgive me..

jord:approve:

jord :approve:

ph2t
      Participant

That’s definately a 2.2 or 2.6. Same motor I got in my microsizers and compact char-g’s.

I’ve heard that by design the booster models run at half speed anyways and when you push the booster button they run at normal speed.

ph2t.

jord001
      Participant

If i put the motor in another bit will it be fast? I am going to try it now.

OK tried it in my shen and it was faster than it was in the booster car but not as fast as the shen motor. Never mind ok as a spare.

Edited by – jord001 on 25 April 2003 10:43:59

Shypo
      Participant

all boosters run at half speed.. thats y its called a 2 speed function.

hold down the button on top of the controller and it will go at about 2.4 speed. you dont have a dud.

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

micro_Amps
      Participant

The boosters are noisey when they are not on boost because the power is ‘pulsed’on low speed.
      The sound will reduce as the gears wear in, try a TINY bit of oil on the gears and play around with changing motors.
      You will find the best setup as you learn more.
      Get your self a 3.8 motor and a 150 or 200 mAh battery for the car and it will rock!
      Have fun
      :)uA

Shypo
      Participant

i dont reckon the booster function is as noticeable with any other motors other than a 2.2..
      might just be me..

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

dgs73
      Participant

found my Z is quicker with the stock 2.2 than with any of my quicker motors i put in… have’nt tried the 3.0 yet tho

Barrelll
      Participant

just press the boost button mate, and youll be away FLYINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

jord001
      Participant

The half speed thing would explain it. I did put a shen motor in the bit and it flew, and flew even faster with the booster button pressed. The original Bit 2.2 motor is not that fast in another car which is a bit weird. Maybe it will loosen up as it gets used. I will try the light oiling and a bigger battery to increase running time.. If you want a laugh have a look at my attempt at a VW Van at webshots.
      http://community.webshots.com/user/jord01
      its made from a 3.5 inch disc and some filler. It’s in it’s early stages at the moment and it’s heavy but with a 4 cell conversion and maybe 2x 3.8’s it will move along LOL

Edited by – jord001 on 25 April 2003 22:43:08

Impreza
      Participant

jord001, I thought the same thing when I first got my AM set. I was thinking I got ripped off:( Just give it some time and the gears will wear in a bit. After I played with my stock AM set for the weekend I loved it. I agree with Shypo, on boost the car is ~ like a 2.4, I was tipping on corners on a lino floor. LOL on your disc mod. I was wondering what I was going to do with all those floppies I had lying around:)

Impreza :smiley16:

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.