H1 Hummers

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey, I bought some Limited Edition H1 Hummers the other day. They are sweet cars and all, but all over the world they are advertised to have only 450 of each body type made. This can t be right if they are readily available all over the world. Was this just a cheap advertising campaign or are these really Limited Editions?

Drive it like you stole it

M_Coupe
      Participant

no clue, but that s the same quote I use! I love it! Great minds think alike

Shypo
      Participant

Alot of people say theyare limited edition but as you have said.. they are quite readily available.. maybe they just aint sellin that well and alot of people have 3-4 sets of them..

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Admin
      Participant

I don t know why they wouldn’t be selling alright, i have to admit they are sweet cars. I mean, they have the quickest acceleration out of any stock char-g’s I know (Quicker than a Lxx Char-g Modellista) and the top speed is not that far off the Lxx. Also, your hard pressed getting them out of range because my bro could control mine (unfortunately we have the same frequency) from the other side of the house. Their charging times are different from other Char-g’s, it takes just on 2 minutes to charge but then it runs for at least 15 – 20 minutes. I kid you not. The body detail is well done – including jerry cans, high gloss paint and a roof mounted turret or spare tyre, depending on the model. On some of the models you even get an extra body shell, and on all of them you get a spare tyre set. Lol well theres basically a mini review from me (i’m sorry, i couldnt help it) but i do reccommend at least considering these if you already haven’t. Although their advertising campaign is most likely rigged they’re a decent car and i’m really impressed at what i got for my $40.

‘Drive it like you stole it’

Edited by – Good Fella on 17 April 2003 08:51:37

dgs73
      Participant

so where abouts did you find them??

Admin
      Participant

Where else? Trading Direct

…JoSh
      Drive it like you stole it’

Shypo
      Participant

yeah they were 4 sale on Toyeast and Ebay aswel…

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

TallduDe
      Participant

hay Good Fella how long are the chassis on the hummer??

could i bother you for an exact measurement coz i want to mount a diecast body on a bit and if its long enough i might one of them. 😀

Smoke em up!

DarkTari
      Participant

You re right about this one Good Fella, I have the Black Edition and the Yellow LWB Bensu. The Black one is great for running on the bed, you can make as many hills & dales as you want and it will climb them all. Very Torquey, very fast, 3.0. Best fun for off-roading (bed spread/carpet). I like the LWB too, perfect for that dual/triple Batt mod with no chassis dremeling.

http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=APH1001#
      http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=AC1290

DarkTari

DarkTari
      If It Won’t Fly……Modify

Admin
      Participant

Tall Dude, The chassis is exactly the same length as any other bit. I could fit the modellista supra body on it, but the tan coloured wheels look really bad with it lol. I think they have more ground clearance than other bits though. That Bensu Truck looks awesome, might have to buy it!

…JoSh
      Drive it like you stole it’

TallduDe
      Participant

does anyone have a H1 hummer?

if so how can you modify these ones? they seem to have a wired motor, is it difficult to rewire them to fit in a 3.8 motor or a somefing wid more torque??????????

TallduDe
      Participant

hay

well i have one of these h-1 hummers and its a great little car in stock form, with a great run time of up to 20mins run time on hard wood floors but like 15mins on carpet.

but….

these things lack real power. so i had my modified a little bit.

i sent one off to get a MOSFET mod done and the little thing flew. it was great coz the run time didnt get affected.

but it still lacked some power so i changed motors on the hummer to a 2.6 (was the only spare motor i had. was a little difficult because the motor on these things are hard wired on, so after a few attempts it works. now the thing flys. as fast as a perfection 3.8 but has a lot more torque great for those little hills and carpet running.
      so now i have a very cool little hummer.

just a question do hard wired motor get more voltage because they are wired straight from the pcb? or do the more carry more voltage?

because this car flys with the MOSFET mod, its actually keeps up with my dual cell bit with a perfection 3.8 on it.

i like hummers so much i bought 2 more one for me and one for a mate who now likes micro cars :D:D:D:D
      cyaz

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      just a question do hard wired motor get more voltage because they are wired straight from the pcb?

Talldude, it doesnt really make any difference. The currents are so small that the motor contacts on a standard bit do a good enough job of carrying the motor current. A hard wired motor may have less chance of a contact’ problem, but there wont be any improvement from having a hardwired motor.
      Well done on changing the Hummer motor to a 2.6, they need it.
      :)uA

Shypo
      Participant

anyone considered a Booster Hummer?

micro_Amps
      Participant

That could be fun. A pursuit Hummer. Might need a GT stripe tho.

TallduDe
      Participant

how do you make a booster hummer?

put a new pcb in or is ther a way to modify the pcb in it?

micro_Amps
      Participant

The standard Tx2c/Rx2c chipset combination does have a turbo’ function, but most of the micro cars rx chips are covered in ‘the blob’ making it impossible to get to the pins.
      If you wanted a booster Hummer, probably easier to swap a booster circuit board into a hummer chassis.

TallduDe
      Participant

hmmmmmmmm

i am getting another hummer and a lxx booster as well.

i could……

TallduDe
      Participant

hello all again

i bought another 2 more h-1 hummers and i have to say i really like these cars. i already own from before and got the mosfet mod done by micro_amps (it flyssss btw)

i bought the new ones from tradingdirect for 12 bucks (ozzie) each what a deal!

but i got one question. i bought a 57mhz red hummer and a 27mhz sand camo hummer but the red hummer is a lot faster!!

what motor is in the red hummer???
      i know these cars are clones so the motors might vary a lot depending on which car, but the 57hmz car is alot faster stock then the 27mhz cars i have bought now and in the past?????

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.