How to go faster?

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      DioXidE
      Participant

Hey guys,
      My skyline is lacking in speed, What can I do to make it go faster? I’m thinking of a dual cell mod + a 3.0 Motor… Is there anythign else I am missing? I’m lookin for accel mainly so should i get the hillclimb gear set as well?

Craz
      Participant

If youre lookin for accel i suggest a 1.0, its the equivalent to 1st gear in a car where a 3.0 is more like 5th. Apart from those mods theirs not much else you can do, except maybe soft tyres which will give you slightly better traction.

There are three types of people in the world, those whocan count, and those who can’t.

GT-ahh
      Participant

dual cell by itself will increase the accel + top speed dramatically, give that a try then see if u need a faster motor

Barrelll
      Participant

what motor do you have at the moment, you might want a 2.6 if ur after more acceleration that top speed or if ur after pure accleration id reccomend the 1.6

DioXidE
      Participant

I have no idea what motor I have at the moment…
      I have a compact CHar-G 40mhz white skyline.

You recommend I try a dual cell mod 1st?

Craz
      Participant

youd have a 2.2, and a dual mod is the best way to boost your speed.

There are three types of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can’t.

Shypo
      Participant

that or if you arent to good with a soldering iron then go out and buy yourself a KIT racer and steal the motor, get the ornage capped end one.
      read more about KITs in this forum and you will understand

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

DioXidE
      Participant

How much are the kit racer?
      Can I use the batter from them for a dual mod and the high rpm motor from them?

Brett
      Participant

DioXidE, the KIT racer topic is pretty well covered elsewhere here, but as we are both newbies I’l give you a rundown.
      You can use KIT racer motors, batteries, tyres and heatsinks in a compact charg. If you have a dual cell mod you can try useing the bitracer gears (sliglty modified) in your bit as well. Otherwise they won’t work very well because your bit motor just doesn’t have enough torque to run the (relatively heavy) bit car with such high gearing.
      you can get KIT racers for about $24 from Kmart or Toysrus (just look in the hotwheels section). If you get one pick the RPM or KPH/MPH set. They have the 2.6 motor in them (which is faster than the 2.2 motor in your compact charge). Also look at tradingdirect. They have faster motors, gear sets and different tyres, all of which are great basic mods and are easy to install.

DioXidE
      Participant

ok, i’ll look for a kit racer as i can get all the cool parts from em 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

just make sure the motor bottom is orange:)

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

DioXidE
      Participant

thanks shy…

PandaBear
      Participant

Pls don’t get your hopes totally inflated though… the Orange=2.6 isn’t spectacularly faster than the Yellow=2.2 motor.

Drag both side-by-side and you’ll barely see the difference. Even after 8′ the 2.6 car is less than 2-3″ further ahead.

DioXidE
      Participant

Ok, I bought a 3.0 Motor from trading direct,
      Now i think i’ll get the gear set…
      SO I can get a bit of torque and accel….

Barrelll
      Participant

how much was the 3.0 from trading direct ??

Cranga
      Participant
      Quote:
      how much was the 3.0 from trading direct ??

About $20, with around $5 postage, which in that postage you could include a body or gear set.

Bap Bap Bap

Cranga
      Participant

which is what i did! they has some spare auto modellista bodies, so i snatched them with my 3.0, totaly cool set, for very cheap!

Bap Bap Bap

Barrelll
      Participant

O ok well bit_charg_oz@hotmail.com has them for $18.50, just letting you know.

micro_Amps
      Participant

The guys at bit_charg_oz are doing an excellent job. We should support the local guys that are having a go. Work out the $$ conversion on the cost of a BCG or accessory before you buy off ebay and compare it with these guys prices first.

Happy customer :approve:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

wonder who the guys behind the scenes are barelll? LOL yeah theyre good and i buy a fair bit of my stuff off of them.

The world is mine

Barrelll
      Participant

hmmmm i have NO idea :blush:

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.