Initial d

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Project-X
      Participant

are there any initial d fans here with a bit and can u tell me how is it possible to modify my bit to drift?

GT-ahh
      Participant

if you want to drift either do a dual-cell mod or buy a 3.0 motor, and put harder tyres on the front so there is less chance of spinning…

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/
      custom shells, mods and tips

Shypo
      Participant

even with all those mods it is very hard to drift a bit becos of the lack of power and the size of the car, maybe with 4 cells

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Impreza
      Participant

You could pick up the Tomy Setting parts set it comes with a plastic rear drift wheel. Also Hot Wheels Kit Racers have drift wheels. I have the MPH/KPH and the Energi. The MPH/KPH has front drift wheels that with modification could go onto a bit:approve: as does the RPM?? I think? Good luck and good drifting.
      Impreza :smiley16:

Edited by – Impreza on 01 March 2003 18:34:22

Project-X
      Participant

i heard from my hobby shop that Tomy does not make 3.0 motors. wut company makes 3.0 that work on Bit Char-G?

bitman
      Participant

use hard tires and use your fastest motor to test to see if your bit can drift attempt to do a j tune by holding the reverse 3 seconds then press a turn button the QUICKLY push the opposite direction to compltet the j turn/ 180′ tune. if i can, your car should be able to drift 😀

Shypo
      Participant

the drift axle is a waste of time and money, all u do is donuts, even with hard tires and evry c0mbo u can think of.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

tomy DO make a 3.0 motor, but it is under the bit racer name, but works perfectly on bit char-gs, contact bit_charg_oz@hotmail.com if ur after one.

Get on some nie polished floors and u can do some nice drift with bigger motors 😀

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Genspec
      Participant

My best attempt so far was my Initial D chassis with 2.6 motor, original medium Bit tyres on the front and the Hard Nano Racer tyres on the rear.

Initial D
      Skyline
      Castrol Supra
      Nano Celica

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Shypo, the dual cell bit has ample power to do drifts. The best combo on a smoothe floor is SOFT tyres on the rear and HARD tyres on the front. This only works with a dual cell chassis.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

Shypo
      Participant

the car is still too small tho to do compelete and proper drifts time after time on any surfac,e u can get a small amount of drift sumtimes or a little bit of decentsy with a dual cell but no1 can get proper controlled drifts everytime.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

zensx
      Participant

Initial D is the s**t. I am a huge fan of anime in general, and a car nut, so I get the best of both worlds! As far as drifting, I have been able to hold a drift for about a foot before spinning out. If there was a way to reduce the turning radius, it might be easier to hold the drift for longer. It’s too easy to oversteer with such a small wheelbase.

GT-ahh
      Participant

you could make the steering radius bigger with a stronger spring or weaker coils…..

Barrelll
      Participant

gt-ahh .. would unraveling the coils do that ??

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Shypo
      Participant

if your game enuf to try that then go ahead and report back…:smiley2:

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

GT-ahh
      Participant

I do not want to answer this question because i am still recovering from the weekend and i will probably get in trouble for getting it wrong but yeah i think if you were to unwind a few loops off the coil it would most likely cause the coil to be weaker…DONT QUOTE ME THO…lol..um yeah i think maybe if you want to start messing with your coils get out the old physics text book and start working that length.current vs force formula….

Admin
      Participant

Modifying the spring is probably a better bet. Adding a second or third spring might help. Or perhaps making a stiffer onw.

The risk with modifying the coils is that they may unravel all together or the might end up slightly different sizes which would make steering uneven.

Shypo
      Participant

i wanted to add a second steering coil but i couldnt source one, if sum1 gets me one i’ll try it, or sum1 else can. jus to c the results

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.