Initial D

Home Forums General Chat Initial D

Viewing 74 reply threads
  • Author
      boungah
      Participant

Has anyone played the Initial D game at the arcades?? I find it one of the best driving/racing games i have ever played!! If you see it around, try it out!! i spent $10 on it and i know i will spend more in the near future!!

~45mhz Toyota Supra 1.0/2.6/3.0

Shypo
      Participant

i play it at the arcade heaps, it soo good and the BOV is sweeet

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

boungah
      Participant

I just started getting into it. After watching my cousin playing it for hours and hours. he always complains about takumiz dad who always burns him!! well i lost to the first guy 2 twice before i beat him and i dont complain much. Gotta get a faster car, the silvia too slow. ill prob go for a skyline!! 🙂 more money in the machine

ms char-ged
      Participant

you spent $10, i’ve spent $30, and i still haven’t got use to playing it, the trick to winning is drifting, and i’ll tell you, with out any knowledge of this, even though many may be good at gt3, you’ll have no chance, this is one of the most realistic racing simulations, you’ll ever see, i can’t wait till initial d special stage comes out on ps2, then i won’t be wasting too much money, btw, takumi’s dad is the last guy in the game (the boss), and in a 22b, he has to go hardcore, it will take you at least $100 to finish the game at the arcade, and that’s if you beat each opponent first time. There is a huge learning curve, but if you want to play, i’ll take any of you guys up on that challenge, george street tomorrow. It’s a excellent game, worth the money : )

Edited by – ms char-ged on 15 January 2003 21:23:25

boungah
      Participant

LOL you’ll kill me!! i still havent defeated the second person on easy!! yeah your right, it isnt easy to beat. Takumiz dad is sure the boss because be burned my cousin 350+ metres OMG. (I never knew the tofu business can get so much $$) i hope theres a PAL version of the initial D title on PS2 because i just love the music. Well ill be poping down to the arcades more often.

Shypo
      Participant

i’d come and whoop u ms char-ged but i gotta work;)
      thank your lucky stars

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Lazboy
      Participant

Looks like ill have to drop intp a local arcade doult it will be in the local timezone thoght they NEVER get new titles

CompactChar-G 40Mhz S2000 range mod, spring suppention
      Bit Char-G 57mhz Booster Fairlady Z

Shypo
      Participant

it is ALOT of fun, i play downstairs in my local cinema

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

ms char-ged
      Participant

try mount usui, the best track, even for amateurs

boungah
      Participant

hmm.i just found something out, im playing the english version and i hear that you can only have 50 saves on it .Looks like ill neva finish the game!!..the jap version in the city can hold 200 saves, too far!!! 🙁

ms char-ged
      Participant

you get 50 saves, then you have to get a new card, which costs whatever it costs to get it the first time

boungah
      Participant

yep!! thats st00pid!!…but i like the animations on the cards!!..version 2 has some good 1s!! but a real waste of money!!..$5 a card…shhh blackeye:

ms char-ged
      Participant

where can we find version 2, btw, when they give you a new card, do they take your old one?

Shypo
      Participant

if they take your old one then that really sux

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

Slightly off the topic, but still on Initial D…

Almost bought the series 1 (boxset), 2(boxset), 3 and the extra stage DVDs today, until I worked out how much it would have been… (close to 300bucks)

It’s gonna take me forever to save up that much money… :dead:

Aesch 🙂

boungah
      Participant

um!! if you have a jap ver1 you can convert it into jap ver2. so thats pretty cool, but you have to pay for the new one!! 😯 ~ well i live in melbourne and all the china town arcades have jap ver 2 so thats where i find it, but i can never play as it is always busy.

ms char-ged
      Participant

yeah, it would be, always full up in george street too, the same kind of strip as melbourne, but if i ever go down there i got to versus you, $50 of playing, i hope they have supersessions over there, i need more action, i wasted $15 on the weekend

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Damn they must make a killing outta u guys

The world is mine

Admin
      Participant

hey, soon there will be a PS2 version out that has the tracks from ver.1, ver.2 and some new ones! It will also have new cars.
      Now we just have to hope that it comes out in Aus:D

ms char-ged
      Participant

or get a mod chip like me, but i don’t think we should talk about that sort of stuff on the boards

Keymaster

I don’t mind if we talk about Mods chips etc, but ONLY if we avoid the temptation to talk about pirated software.

Remember her ein Australia the act of ‘modding’ is not illegal (has a legal Precedent) however the exchange or copying of software is. That said individual license agreements on products my hold a clause that deems you to breaching the agreement by ‘modding’ the player/console.

Basically it’s a bit of a rocky area of law, but actual discussion is fine with me!

—-
      Moderator, Admin, and all that 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

boungah
      Participant

nope! the arcades across chinatown dont have supersessions so it will drain my cash flow. All those arcades there are privately owned. when i went to sydney during christmas i sawthat “galaxy world” dunno if thats rite but they all had ver2. prob have supersessions there if they are like timezone?? well i onli find initial D in small arcades not boring old timezones….:dead:

btw ms_char-ged i heard that if you get your ps2 modded it has a great chance of f**kin up!! is it true??

ms char-ged
      Participant

completely false, it cost me $90 for the chip, and $90 for the action replay 2, that you have to use to boot up the games, i can play any games except japanese or american imports (originals), you can get a special chip, that is self booting, and has no bugs, but it costs $300, worth it if your a serious gamer. Be warned, the usb chips are the ones that **** up your machine, and they are the reason why so many machines **** up, it’s because they are installed by a lousy technician, you really do pay for the service, so don’t even try to install it yourself, unless you really know how to. And boungah, galaxy world don’t have special sessions.

boungah
      Participant

gee wiz!! $300 gee that is expensive. just spent all my hard earned money on mp3 playa. im more of a casual player so i think i will stay away from that. :dead: yeah lots of people told me that there are dodgey ones. have to played auto modellista?? thats the only game i have played for the last few months. i just hope they release a Pal version of initial D on ps2. multiplayer fun :D.

Shypo
      Participant

Timezone has it in Manly in Sydney and they have one of those discount hours, $15 for all the games u want or something, may make a trip down there once i get back:smiley2:

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Has anyone played Project Gotham on the X Box yet?

Awesome!!!!

I haven’t played Initial D yet 🙁

I also like to play RalliSport on the X Box, the replays and the crashes are the best part!!!!

*grins*

boungah
      Participant

wow!! sydney timezone has initial D and supersessions. I bet it would be pretty busy. mite have o line p for a few hours.

Barrelll
      Participant

either that or buy the bit char-g set and make your own game :smiley2:

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Buy set, add cats!!!

:smiley2:

ms char-ged
      Participant

i hate x box, the controls are so bad, and project gotham sux any way, the graphics aren’t good, and you can’t compare it to any racing game for dreamcast and ps2, because the quality and gameplay is so much better

boungah
      Participant

yeah xbox is a stink, thats y i got a ps2!! no name games are on Xbox. They will sink very soon.

Shypo
      Participant

i thought project gotham was the biggest waste of time, the boxster sucked reallllllllly bad and PS2 has much better games anyway

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Keymaster

*shrugs* You’d have to pay me to have a PS2… Biggest marketing con job that thing is…

As for the games. *shrugs* They’re mostly crap. (at least the genres of games I like are crap on the PS2)

—-
      Moderator, Admin, and all that 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Shypo
      Participant

you have to admit though, there are some wicked cool games for PS2

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

id have to say im a PS2 man, but there are cool games on other systems .. SOLUTION – buy all consoles and all cool games for each console, easy done 😀

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

Shypo
      Participant

one word.. GTA…

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

Isn’t GTA more of an acronym than a word?? :smiley2:blackeye:

Aesch 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

yeah but you get the point lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

Yeah, I do, but I thought I’d boost up your post pimpage by another one 😉

Aesch 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

thanks aesch, theres another one to boost it AGAIN,
      i still think a PS2 whips a Xbox and especially a Game cube

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

Well apparently, Nintendo just announced a new box for 2005… (No more details than that AFAIK)

Aesch 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

the playstation 3 is supposedly coming out early 2004, cant remeber who told me that but if its anything like the PS2 then i will buy it, i hate the gamecube sooo much

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

And I’ll stick with my PC as I don’t spend enough time to have any of the other consoles…

Aesch 😀

boungah
      Participant

yeah i bought a gamecube first and it su*KS. Thats why i went out and bought a ps2. gamecube will drop like the nintendo 64 that i also purchased.

Shypo
      Participant

a dreamcast is now worth $20 ic 6 games and 2 controller,s crazy huh
      a PS1, orignal is worth $40 with one controller AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

boungah
      Participant

And an atari would cost more than a dreamcast and ps1!!

Shypo
      Participant

did you ever have an Atari Boungh, i think mines still in the basement LOL

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

boungah
      Participant

nope, too young but i have played one recently. The oldest console i had was a sega with alex the kid in-built. WOW i still have it but one of the cables is broken so i cant play it. 🙁 i think older consoles are more fun because the games are cheaper and nothing is better than the originals. i would still pick alex the kid over most or todays top titles etc. Vice City, Marios and final fantasys. i never got to finish it, i reached the boss but couldnt finish the game. but i reckon i can beat it now.. i think??

Shypo
      Participant

i used to have an Atari a commodore 64 and then i got a sega mega drive, lol hows the nostalgia here!!!
      alex the kid was cool on the first level where you walked into the house then played rock scissors paper or “hung cheng boing”

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

boungah
      Participant

yeah playing rock papers scissors against bossers was challengein. See back in those days you could defeat an opponant with a simple game but its complicate these days. i fink i might go out and find a sega. When i get some more cash that is!!

Shypo
      Participant

a dreamcast or mega drive, you could prolly pick up a mega drive with everything for $15

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

boungah
      Participant

yeah dreamcast is quite good!! does the mega drive have alex the kid?? because now i really would like to finish it. but would it be a problem because i have a new tv and would the plugs be ok??

Shypo
      Participant

the plugs should be ok, i think you need a master sysetm to play alex the kid but im not positive on that

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Djinn
      Participant

yes i think alex kid was only on master system and mastersystem 2. My first console was the 8bit Nintendo Console with 2 in one cartridge of Super Mario Bros. and Duckhunt… came with the light gun too… those were the days.. playing Nintendo and eating an Edgell “Quickshot” fresh from the microwave…
      🙂

boungah
      Participant

yeah duck hunt was good!! were quickshots the little tub of pasta or something?? u chuck in the microwave for a few mins and ching there ready to eat?

Shypo
      Participant

i think thats what they were, im a little bit young for that nostalgia lol, i do remeber when the Super NES nintendo came out with Donkey Kong and the graphics to all of us were amazing and the game was just WOW

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

boungah
      Participant

shypo how old are you?? well i also remember the SNES. always went to my cousins house to play mario kart and killer instinck?…

Admin
      Participant

Could some one tell me where the best arcades in Melbourne are? also where are the best game stores?

boungah
      Participant

well most of the time i play at white house in china town!! a few ova arcades der!! good and cheap very good!!

Shypo
      Participant

im almost Finished High School-i’ve seen my fair share of game consoles Lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

boungah
      Participant

same here this is my last year at school!!

Shypo
      Participant

i am suprised you havent had an Atari or a commodore 64

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Djinn
      Participant

aaah the commodore 64, i remember playing that commando game ages ago…. 😀
      thats about before the time we were playing with game watches..

Barrelll
      Participant

If anyone is interested in a Initial D Bit Char-G i have one for sale for $70 Brand NIB, either pm me or email me at knightjg@postoffice.utas.edu.au

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

Shypo
      Participant

that should be in the buy sell swap and stuff Barrelll

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

OK, am wondering what kind of can of worms I openend mentioning the xbox?
      ps2 ~ over rated
      and you can’t play all the dvd’s!
      I waited forever and ever for the ps2 to release then it had all the bugs, when the main reason I wanted it for was the dvd player.
      Now I have complete home theatre and an xbox plugged in for good measure (as well as the standard couple of vcrs and stereo’s)
      anyone want to buy a sony stereo?
      sony sava 7 speakers?
      entertainment units?
      bass kicker parcel shelf speaker kit?
      damn, I knew I shouldn’t have bought the new $3K kit until I got rid of the old stuff.
      *drags self back to topic*

The point here is that different consoles have different things to offer different people. The only reason we have so much choice is because people are different and what they like is different too.

Pretty dull if we all liked the same thing and only had one console to choose from huh?

So no one person is wrong or right, we are all just entitled to our own opinions!

And that’s my bit!
      *relinquishes soap box*

Shypo
      Participant

very true Kitty, i jus think the Ps2 is a little better. the Xbox controller and Gamecube controller IMO are very hard to use, guess all those years of punishing small gamepads has made that up for me:smiley2:

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

yeh i know shypo, its just this topic was called initial D so i thought id stick it in here for the Initial D fan 🙂

57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno

boungah
      Participant

Yeah thats cool, this topic has gone off topic but its still good because its still going on and on and on. blackeye: kittykat what do you mean the ps2 doesnt play all DVDs?? It has never failed me yet..and i agree with shypo the ps2 controller is more better than GCN and Xbox.

Shypo
      Participant

the PS2 cant plaqy burnt DVD’s i know that for sure but i donno about any others having problems

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

ms char-ged
      Participant

maybe it would work on a chip, i play the burnt game dvds and it works fine

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I have heard they have problems playing normal DVD’s (movies) as in they will freeze and just not play past a certain point.
      I had that problem once with a normal DVD player!
      The point is, the winning console will be the one that can play burnt DIVX movies……

At least that will be the one that I buy.

Back to cars though, a friend gave me a link to a site that has a 400+ Horsepower LS1 V8 powered Mazda RX7s!

AWESOME!!!

Go to http://www.hinsonsupercars.com/

WOW!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      *purr purr*
      😀

Z Blue Skyline
      Z Silver Mazda
      BitCharG Hummer

Shypo
      Participant

why would u put a V8 in a Rx7, thats a crime IMO. the 20B is such a better upgrade

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Whoever did that should b shot, an RX7 isnt an RX7 unless it has a rotary.

The world is mine

Shypo
      Participant

very true and if it isnt turbo then that just hurts

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Viewing 74 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.