Lxx char-g modellista . Any good?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      jord001
      Participant

I keep seeing the Lxx bits and wondered if they were any good.I know loads of you out there have them so let me know

jord :approve:

Good Fella
      Participant

If you want my opinion i say go for it. Lxx models are well worth it. I have a Modellista Supra and it goes hard. Its stock 3.0 engine is a nice feature with this range of cars and the body detail is great for all of them (except for the sponsor stickers, they are useless and taking them off makes the car look better). For a bit over half the price of a Tomy Char-g and overall better stock performance than the Tomys, my advise is yeh go for it.

‘Drive it like you stole it’

micro_Amps
      Participant

but only if you want to settle for second best and forever be known as only a ‘clone’ owner.
      Goodluck.

dgs73
      Participant

thats abit harsh mate, the heart’s there…:blush:

micro_Amps
      Participant

I know, sorry. I forgot to add one of these

:smiley2:

:DuA

Shypo
      Participant

LXX is the best copy going around.. get 1 if u wanna go cheaper

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

TallduDe
      Participant

can the lxx bits take a 3.8??????

Smoke em up!

DarkTari
      Participant

I got a Perfection 3.8 in my Lxx Automodellista, works okay, could be better. Not as good as in my BCG Booster Z.

jord001, in my opinion, the BCG Booster & MS Pro are much better Micro’s than the Lxx. The Lxx was the worst of the 3. And that 3.0 motor, what a joke! I have 2.2’s that blow that thing outta the water. It’s the worst motor I’ve ever owned so it got trashed in place of a Perfection 3.8. After changing out all the gears, it got a lot better & quieter but is still much, much noisier & slower than the BCG & MS. I’d go with the BCG, it is just so smooth!

DarkTari
      If It Won’t Fly……Modify

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

umm, if i have a microsizer, am i a clone owner??? cause you cant get bits in the USA without ordering of the net. I havent got a real tomy yet, but microsizers is made by tomy… what do you guys say? am i a clone owner?:p

you are currently at: http://www.ausmicro.com

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      umm, if i have a microsizer, am i a clone owner??? cause you cant get bits in the USA without ordering of the net. I havent got a real tomy yet, but microsizers is made by tomy… what do you guys say? am i a clone owner?:p

you are currently at: http://www.ausmicro.com

No you are not a clone owner! MicroSizers are just the US released version of the BCG. All others are clones, except (“they say”) the ZipZap??? I haven’t seen a toy store or hobby shop yet that sell BCG in the US only MicroSizers and of course clones.

But Surf, don’t say “clone” like it’s a bad thing! There are some slammin clones out there, Shens, Panthers & Precious that performance wise, straight out the box, I think are better than the originals. Now when it comes to fit, finish & style, there’s no substitute!

DarkTari
      If It Won’t Fly……Modify

z-beam
      Participant

yeah but how does the lxx clone boosters go?

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah but how does the lxx clone boosters go?

Refer back to my 1st response !!!

DarkTari
      If It Won’t Fly……Modify

DarkTari
      Participant

Hey Surf,

I went to my local Target tonight and guess what?

MicroSizer Sports for $10.00, so I bought 4 of them! Son’s B-Day is Thursday and I have spare bodies in my “BodyBag” that’s in need of a chassis. Check ’em out…..

DarkTari

DarkTari
      If It Won’t Fly……Modify

z-beam
      Participant

so DT the am lxx’ boosters are a little under powered:D,and noisy:dead:. are the lxx’s ready to take bcg gearing streight up or not?

dgs73
      Participant

i’ve never seen these lxx sets in Aus, anyone wanna shed some light?? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      i’ve never seen these lxx sets in Aus, anyone wanna shed some light?? Or am I just not looking hard enough?

They are not in any major national chainstore, but they are available. The LXX are usually found in same places that you’d find private-import BCGs being sold. Since the boxes look so alike the real thing you might just be overlooking them.

z-beam
      Participant

is there any private importers of bcg in the brisbane /gold coast area?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.