Member Gallery Comments

Home Forums General Chat Member Gallery Comments

Viewing 235 reply threads
  • Author
      barto_85
      Participant

The Members Gallery described here has been replaced by the Photo Gallery here:

http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?

Please some images referred to in this thread may not be available.

I decided to start a thread where we can comment on each others pictures in their galleries and read comments on our own.
      Also to keep each other updated when people add something new to their gallery that they want people to see.

Edited by – barto_85 on 28 May 2003 22:58:39

barto_85
      Participant

The link is http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php? for those who didn’t know it.

Aaron, Gt-Ahh, Murph, and Shypo, all have good pictures of their z’s. I am now hooked on these cars. I particularly like the Xanavi GTR provided by Murph.

barto_85
      Participant

I guess no one likes this idea, oh well. Leonli17 has some cool looking bits in his gallery. They have just been put up.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i like shypos z’s, or whoevers they are now. Also ph2t has some nice cars.:D

murph
      Participant

Sorry I didn’t even notice this thread, Barto thanks comments on the GTR it will be at Springwood. It looks to pretty to race, I kind of wish I had brought two, one to use and one to display.

I like your pool table Bit track….

barto_85
      Participant

wish I could make it to springwood, hope to see some great photos though.

Impreza
      Participant

Nice to see more and more pics up in the galleries, as well as more members posting pics. I think that having a section to comment on the pics there is a great idea barto, infact it would be an easy way for Ausmicro to hold a comp:). This way all pics are onsite, with the ausmicro stamp on them and it would be a way to get more members to sign up for this feature and for ausmicro to get exposure… Now what kind of comp could they have???:)

Shypo
      Participant

thanks fellas, Have been away 4 a while and now am back. will check the galleries agin soon

barto_85
      Participant

M_Coupe’s gallery is just up, he has a great 7up celica and some other nice cars.

Impreza
      Participant

Just updated a few pics in my gallery if anyone wants to take a look:)

M_Coupe, your 7-up car is nice… Did you paint on the 7-up logo etc.. or are those decals??

barto_85
      Participant

excellent update impreza, thats the first i’ve seen of those toyeast cars (apart from at the toyeast site), they look great, especially with those lights on, top job.

M_Coupe
      Participant

Thanks guys! Everything is freehand paint on the Celica. Most of the “cool spot” work was done with a sharpened toothpick.

I want to do some actual body work now… I’ve seen some of the work that the rest of you are pushing out and I’m very impressed and inspired. I’m just hoping I don’t destroy my next project :smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

if you are looking at body work, you should see this (if you havn’t already). Click this link, then do Ctrl F and search for Hoboman, this is the sweetest bodywork i’ve ever seen.http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpForum/viewtopic.php?t=654

M_Coupe
      Participant

Seriously… that is Raw, but if you REALLY want to see something amazing, check this out!

http://www.bitchar-g.co.uk/gallery/jam.shtml

I’m thinking of attempting to turn a Honda S2000 into a BMW M Coupe, but I’ve got to start small :smiley2:

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i just realized, i LOVE SUPRAS!!! those perfection bodys are amazing, i will order all of them in time. I especially like the zent one, M coupe, on the 7-up car, what kind of green is that, custom???

Shypo
      Participant

That celica is awesome, I have seen it before and it is such a smooth work

M_Coupe
      Participant

I got the Green from a hobby shop. It’s an acrylic based paint for Dungons & Dragons characters (I guess) called “Slime Green” I just thought it looked cool.

I’m building a Lancer Evo now. Hope you guys like! 😀

Impreza
      Participant

Just up’d some more pics. Hope everyone likes:)

Shypo
      Participant

I like the collection of JGTC cars impreza

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, trying to keep things active in the members gallery:) Posted a few more pics of what I am calling my Initial D Project:) Almost finished the first two cars, which are just copys of the AE86 and Rx7 that Tomy has in a set. Have to start somewhere.. Will add a Black R32 when I find a clear shell. I could start with a black shell I know but that would really be too easy:). Still have to make the decals and add a few finishing touches, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope that it looks ok? Let me know what you think so far?

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, trying to keep things active in the members gallery:) Posted a few more pics of what I am calling my Initial D Project:) Almost finished the first two cars, which are just copys of the AE86 and Rx7 that Tomy has in a set. Have to start somewhere.. Will add a Black R32 when I find a clear shell. I could start with a black shell I know but that would really be too easy:). Still have to make the decals and add a few finishing touches, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hope that it looks ok? Let me know what you think so far?

barto_85
      Participant

looks great so far, the yellow rx7 turned out great, the yellow looks really good.

barto_85
      Participant

looks great so far, the yellow rx7 turned out great, the yellow looks really good.

Shypo
      Participant

Impreza: You cant get a clear R32 shell dude. you will have to get a PB one or the one from the GTR hist set if you want the R32

Shypo
      Participant

Impreza: You cant get a clear R32 shell dude. you will have to get a PB one or the one from the GTR hist set if you want the R32

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry was thinking about the clear skyline body, will have to look at the vid again and see what the car was? I do have a pull-back I could use as well plus the R32 in the hist set, but that one is kind of dark grey. Will look into it, thanks Shyp.

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry was thinking about the clear skyline body, will have to look at the vid again and see what the car was? I do have a pull-back I could use as well plus the R32 in the hist set, but that one is kind of dark grey. Will look into it, thanks Shyp.

barto_85
      Participant

mscharged has sent me some of her photos to upload. I uploaded 2 of her photos into my member gallery. Have a look, one is a custom lambo murcielago.

Impreza
      Participant

Ok have a look:) added the decals, which I found on the net. They printed up really good IMO. Will prbly keep tweeking to clean up the paint jobs etc. Not a pro like some of the members:(

mscharged, why don’t you apply for a gallery??? I like the f1 car, was thinking of a way to do it myself, but could not get around the bulky front end of a bit:angry: The murcielago is very nice:approve:

barto_85
      Participant

thats a really good job impreza, the decals look nice.

barto_85
      Participant

I finally finished stage one of my rx7 project, it has been posted in my gallery, have a look.

Impreza
      Participant

Nice work barto, keep the pics coming.

barto_85
      Participant

Did the picture work for you? when I try to click on the link, it links to the photo I had in that spot previously.

Impreza
      Participant

Yes it did, red and black right? Try to refresh the page after you upload your new pics, that worked for me:) Sometimes there seems to be a delay but it does change the pics.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, thanks, its supposed to be orange and black but its not the best quality photo.

Impreza
      Participant

sry barto:shy: I see the orange now.

Impreza
      Participant

Barto, thanks for the code on your user gallery:) I will have to play with that a bit.

barto_85
      Participant

thats ok, M_coupe couldn’t get his bullets to work so I posted that.

barto_85
      Participant

Has anyone received their super bit char g’s yet? if so post some pics or videos somewhere for us to check out.

barto_85
      Participant

shibby07 has uploaded some pics, the GTR looks good and the custom rx7 spoiler. Still lots of blank galleries though.

ph2t
      Participant

I gotta fix mine up as well, been way to slack lately…..

barto_85
      Participant

I’ve just uploaded a BCG background that I made a few months ago.

TallduDe
      Participant

ok i have finailly put some pics up on the members thing.

tell us what you think of my track and my camera work. 😀

http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=TallduDe

Edited by – TallduDe on 06 July 2003 03:29:59

barto_85
      Participant

the track looks good, the 4th picture didn’t work though. I like the long straight. Good camera work, i like the crash photo and the one of the celica coming off the main straight.

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah the track is in progress did some more work on it tonight. still have to wait on the bridge.

btw i have a few things on sale on ebay am i allowed to show the link for it? the items are BCG stuff.

barto_85
      Participant

It should be ok, everyone else advertises their ebay stuff. should probably do it in the For sale section though.

barto_85
      Participant

DaveF has put some photos in his member gallery of his track, I like the one with the auto modellista set going under the dunlop bridge.

DaveF
      Participant

Thanks man. There’s more photos of the track and my cars (and some of Pauls) if you follow the link in my signature.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah I have looked through your webshots but I thought that these pictures weren’t in that collection. The auto modellista cars look really good together in those photos.

Edited by – barto_85 on 10 July 2003 22:01:47

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah, they’re probably newer photos. I think I took them at a race day here at work. I put my AM shells on other peoples cars – makes it look more like a race as your driving.

barto_85
      Participant

I just uploaded some pics I took today of my cars and a joint collection of cars.

Edited by – barto_85 on 17 July 2003 21:11:26

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thats quite a collection coming together there Barto, its looking good.
      I must pull my finger out and do something with my member gallery.
      :)uA

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, that picture of your dyno has been in there since the start.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah, I know I know, I just put that in there to see how the gallery worked. I’ll get things going soon I think.
      :)uA

barto_85
      Participant

Check out fred_plays_bazz’s gallery, this is the guy who I had the shared photo’s with in my gallery.

barto_85
      Participant

I just took advantage of the larger galleries and posted some more pics for you all to look at. Check it out.

DaveF
      Participant

Looks good Barto.
      I’ve just added some more images in too.

A suggestion for Aaron or Derek, the upload area could have a number beside each filename slot so people don’t accidentally upload a new picture into an old pictures slot.

likewise the gallery area should have the image# next to it (I know the image# can be gained by hoverring over the image, but not everyone is that computer literate). =o)

Keymaster

*nods* Actually I’ve got to implement something a little neater 😉

Just have to get off my backside and draw up a couple of things and code some things.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

Yea that would be cool, also a button that deletes all the images or some… aaron check your pm’s

Edited by – SurfmyStrat on 25 July 2003 14:43:53

DaveF
      Participant

Delete button could just replace the image with a mini AusMicro logo until a new image takes it’s place.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

that would be cool, good idea davef

barto_85
      Participant

yeah DaveF all your suggestions have been good, you’re just full of ideas.

DaveF
      Participant

My dad says I’m an ideas man.

(for those of you who have seen the Castle)

DaveF
      Participant

Another idea while it comes to me.

When someone has updated their gallery, a star or somthing could appear next to their member name for a week or two, so you don’t end up looking through 15 peoples old photos to try and find a new image.

barto_85
      Participant

a new member called trash has just put up some cool pics in his/her gallery. including some hummers, tanks, mini z’s and mini x’s????? 4WD?????

trash
      Participant

Hi guys,
      yep, lots of pics. problem is I don’t have enough space in the gallery for all off them.
      I’ll end up putting most of them on my webpage somewhere. I have heaps of RC photos from char-G cars and boats. (don’t like char-g), some of the clones are better. MiniZ stuff, I’m building up on. Microlight planes, some of these planes are so easy to fly I have taught my girlfriend to fly
      them in 5 minutes. I also thing smartpatrol helicopters need a mention. dirt cheap, indestructable, anybody can fly one.
      I also have lots of RC mini cam action shots to
      post. Just got to capture them off video onto PC.
      I’ll get around to that when I get home in a few weeks.
      – trash

TallduDe
      Participant

hey trash how are those tanks you got in your pics? i am considering getting a couple.

is there a hummer in your pics aswell? are they the h-1 hummers or a different type?

trash
      Participant

I also have a nissan pajero in camo. but I haven’t even taken it out of it’s packaging yet.
      I’m not sure if the hummer if different. I’m not currently at home to check. I also have a nissan patrol in camo green.

The tanks are cool. So cool with 5 of them on a
      coffee table playing tank sumo wrestling. The digi-Q’s are expensive, but even more fun.

The tanks cost me about $12 aus each. Some brands are better than others. One type is shocking. I plan on importing some into aus, and hopefully I can get a good deal on them in bulk and sell them for about $14-18, depending on how much customs hits me up for.

When I get back home in about 3 weeks, I’ll try and do some video clips of them and more pics.
      If I don’t have time then it’ll be about another
      4 weeks till I’m home again.

I work overseas a lot, which explains why I can get them so cheap and before anybody else sees them back in Aus. I hope to have the sub pics then too.

I saw one chasing fish around in a tank the other day.

trash
      Participant

sorry… nissan pajero … duh ! sorry, keeyboard on this computer is doing weird shit.
      I drive a pajero for work, the RC car is a nissan patrol.

Prowler3
      Participant

If any one wants to check my gallery , just click the link in my signature.

trash
      Participant

just added a pic of one of my helicopters.
      hope to have move pics on there soon.

barto_85
      Participant

I just added a few extra pics, of my recently expanded collection. Including the red microsizer red and clear shells, and a clear supra shell.

barto_85
      Participant

Just zooming through trash’s gallery again. What is the difference between mini x and mini z? and what are the multiple coloured wires coming out of your modded mini z chassis that aren’t on the unmodded one?

Impreza
      Participant

I like the truck and trailer trash. I have seen them out here just recently and they are hard to back up in tight spaces :blush: Have you seen the micro construction set out there yet? Will try to find a link, if I can.

Keymaster

Just to Jump in – technically a Mini-X is superior to a Mini-Z. The Mini-X has AWD, double wishbone suspension, ball differentials etc

The big disadvantage is the somewhat unique way the bodies mount and the in the engine design.

I’d still love one though.,.,

--
      Site Owner Guy.

barto_85
      Participant

Thanks for that answer aaron. How much are they compared to a mini z? and do they have a similar range of bodies and parts etc.

Keymaster

Bodies harder to get, not many hop ups as they come pretty warm outa the box. They cost roughly the same and have a reasonable array of spares etc.

Take a look at http://www.rcmart.com they sell them and most spares etc.

A couple fo other places do as well, but there’s definately less support ‘out there’ for them compared to Mini-Z.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I heard that a modded mini z will smoke a mini x but a mini z has more potential. The clear chassis looks very fragile too.

Edited by – jamiekulhanek on 19 August 2003 12:30:08

Keymaster

Yeah I dunno about durability… It’s a masterpiece of mechanics though.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

DaveF
      Participant

Barto… another drummer. Did I know you were a drummer? Check out my kit in the only online photo I have of it

http://members.tripod.com/~stik/drumphot.jpg

barto_85
      Participant

yep i’m a drummer, thats is the kit i’m buying this week, minus the cymbals, and snare. So basically just the rack and drums and the drum and cymbal arms. What are the little logo’s on the bass drum? did you put neons all around it? looks pretty cool.

Edited by – barto_85 on 19 August 2003 14:22:50

DaveF
      Participant

What looks like Neons are basically lines traced with a torch, and an extra long exposure (I’m a photographer too).

It’s a Brady kit (Jarrah) and Snare (Wandoo block). The little drummer guy is made from bent wire by a local artist at the market.

The kit is Purple, the snare is a satin wood finish. I play Zildjians (just got a 20″ Custom K ride on the weekend in Melbourne), and I’m slowly selling off all my Paiste gear. Wanna buy some Signature Medium hats?

That’s a nice looking kit your going to buy. Be wary of getting racks, everyone I know that got a rack, sold it within 2 years and went back to stands.

barto_85
      Participant

I just bought a new set of high hats, sorry. K custom ride, thats awesome, i’ve played one of them before, I loved it. I can tell your a photographer, the photo’s of your track are great. Do you know the reasoning behind people getting rid of their racks? I would like to know.

Edited by – barto_85 on 19 August 2003 15:53:26

Impreza
      Participant

Will try to update/add pics to the member gallery soon. Thanks for keeping this thread alive barto;)

barto_85
      Participant

thats cool, seems to be a one man thread sometimes. Some people need to get their ass into gear and put some pics up, so many empty galleries still. I wont name them, they know who they are. I love your inital d set Impreza, I’ve seen it so many times now looking through the galleries. The Ae86 especially came up real good, nice white.

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah people Get your photos together, and update your gallery.

Barto – because racks are a pain to drag around. about 6 times the metal, thus weight of a single stand, longer, and more cumbersome. They just found them to be a real pain inthe bum.

trash
      Participant

yeah barto ! I wanna see more pics from the slackers !
      Actually, I want more space myself !
      I got more pictures to put up and not enough space. I’m planning on putting them on a web page somewhere and linking them back.

DaveF
      Participant

Trash – try webshots. That’s where I have pictures of my track hosted. It’s free, but you can’t direct link an individual picture, you can only link your gallery.

barto_85
      Participant

hmmm, thanks dave, how many pics and/or what size limit?

Impreza
      Participant

There, added pictures. Including a few of me in my Ausmicro shirts:) Will ‘freshin’ up the rest of the gallery when I get around to it.

At least I got rid of all those empty slots;)

trash
      Participant

thanks dave, it looks like it holds 24 photos per album and 20 albumn under a free acount.
      I just skipped over the details, but it looks like enough space.
      I would love to still have my linux box running a sever on cable, but telstra are theives and I will no longer have anything to do with them.

I hope to find and ADSL ISP that will offer unlimited up/down loads. (speed isn’t a concern).
      When that happens I’ll put it back online and
      then I can just fill it with good stuff 🙂

barto_85
      Participant

nice pics impreza, I like the supra’s, and the Jota looks nice. The porsche is so much darker than it was advertised, but still is nice. just invoice aaron for the exposure.

DaveF
      Participant

The Supras look great!

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks guys. I also have a webshots account but want to be able to link pics to the forum, individually. Any ideas? If not I will just put them in the gallery and link to them from there?

Edited by – Impreza on 20 August 2003 17:09:23

Keymaster

Trash, http://www.goldweb.com.au Unlimited ADSL….

works nice for me 🙂 512/128

--
      Site Owner Guy.

trash
      Participant

thanks, I’ll look into it when I get back to oz.

barto_85
      Participant

I just put some new photo’s in my gallery, of my s2000, lancer, gloria, 350z and my collection.

Impreza
      Participant

Nice barto, I didn’t know that microsizers were selling the 350z??? Guess I will have to check out their site.

barto_85
      Participant

its just the body set, it comes with a red and clear, same with the supra, but its orange and clear. I got mine from havok on bitpimps for a cheap price, because its not from a store, so no need for profit.

barto_85
      Participant

Another fresh paint job, check out my gallery, I painted the supra today, I chose gold, I think it looks good, let me know what you think?

Impreza
      Participant

Up’d some new/old pics into the members gallery:)

barto_85
      Participant

damn, i’m so jealous of you right now, the ferrari set looks nice 😯

Impreza
      Participant

Isn’t yours is on its way:) How come I get old pics showing up in my members gallery. Then when I click on the individual pic, I get the newly uploaded pic? Barto did you see the Ferrari pics when you went to my gallery, or did you have to click on each picture before you saw the new pics? Is this just me? or is this happening to anyone else? Thanks in advance.

Edited by – Impreza on 15 October 2003 16:14:18

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, i could see the ferrari pics, i think you just have to refresh the page or it keeps the old stuff in memory.

Impreza
      Participant

will try to do that. I really like the colour of the set. Nice rich red:) Just like a Ferrari should be.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks barto the refresh worked. Added a little text. Will have to update a few things once I finish some projects:)

barto_85
      Participant

I am so jealous, until mine arrive anyway. I’ve got the green murcielago coming too, it looks pretty nice from what i have seen.

DaveF
      Participant

I wish there was something like a date last updated next to each members name, so without having to go into every members gallery you can see the latest additions. Aaron, whip that up in your spare time will you. =o)

barto_85
      Participant

updated my gallery with the latest shot of the whole collection, check it out:
      pic_1.jpg

Keymaster

DaveF – after I finish the Competition judging DB, do the Dump, hack an Xbox into my 1:1 car, and all that I’ll do a date mod for you 🙂

It’s actually probably not that hard to do….

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

zensx
      Participant

Finally! It’s been a while since I posted here. I have been busy with my career, so I haven’t had time for the hobby.
      Now I have a few new cars to show y’all.

here’s my new webpage.

http://www.geocities.com/lordhelmetr34/lordhelmetR34shomepage.html“]my new bit page

BTW: my name is lordhelmetr34 on some other bit sites, so this is my actual site.

Edited by – zensx on 06 November 2003 10:11:14

barto_85
      Participant

some nice cars there zensx/lordhelmetr34. I like the 350z with what looks to be a celica spoiler, and i also like the NSX, nice bodykit.

also…the URL for bitpimps is wrong. its: http://www.bitpimps.lixlink.com

Edited by – barto_85 on 06 November 2003 19:10:24

Impreza
      Participant

nice pic barto:) Where did you get the gold supra body? Haven’t seen that one b4.

zensx, I can’t get your link to work:(

barto_85
      Participant

i got the clear supra body from the U.S. and painted it myself. You can buy clear everything in the U.S. 350z, supra, beetle. Havok over at bitpimps sent it over for me.

Impreza
      Participant

good job on the paint job. Did you use an airbrush, spray can or paintbrush?

barto_85
      Participant

spray can. Same paint ph2t uses. the brand its holts I think and the paint is called duplicolor. the purple gloria is using the same paint also.

Impreza
      Participant

does it go on without bubbles? Or do you heat it first?

barto_85
      Participant

no trouble bubbles, I just shake it very well.

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Yo Impreza I see you updated your pics in the gallery,

I have a Q about the old pics.

Were do you get the decals for the initial D cars you did?

They looked hot 🙂

Impreza
      Participant

I did a search on google for the decals and used Avery Clear mailing labels (#08620-got them at Grand and Toy I think) and a inkjet printer set on highest quality.

I had to play around to get the size and position of the decals onto the right part of the mailing label, cut them out and put them on the cars:) The mailing labels come in a pack of 10 with sheets of 30 and are a bit pricey but I am happy with the result.

Not sure what others have done. I know DaveF was working on some decals a while back.

bithed
      Participant

…It is done…for now anyway…until the next load comes along…Enjoy…

http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=bithed

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, here is some painting that me and my bro’s did when I was visiting my parents. The pics are very detailed (large) so I may tweek them a bit smaller as some of them show right down to the tape residue left on the windows. Hope you like:)

Impreza
      Participant

btw bithed, thanks for the pics. Looks like that last lass could use a shave;)

barto_85
      Participant

yeah i noticed that too impreza, Is that you with a wig bithed???

Impreza, that bb is damn sweet, very impressive.

Edited by – barto_85 on 18 November 2003 09:19:50

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks barto, will be painting a few more bodies (older projects) now that I am more comfortable with the airbrush.

bithed
      Participant

…BARTO…nah bro its my hell ugly sister 😉

…IMPREZA…she doesnt shave much but she really spends time on her bikini line now that summer is just around the corner :dead::D

…I gotta put the prize ic back up and maybe the mini monster and a pic of the PanicToys Mini Z…

Impreza
      Participant

Ok up’d a couple more pics into the top two slots of my members gallery. Although it is not finished, I thought that I would post progress shots. I know a few members (like ms char-ged) will like this one;)

barto_85
      Participant

very nice, can’t wait to see it complete.

brendan
      Participant

i just finished updating my gallery, tell me whatcha think

barto_85
      Participant

the fairlady and the WRX are a nice green. Looks good.

Impreza
      Participant

Nice work on the site fellas, how long have you had it up? Make sure you get a link from Aaron in the links section:)

Impreza
      Participant

I uped a couple of new images into my gallery. Will show finished pics of the focus asap.

Impreza
      Participant

Wow third in a row… Anyway what do you guys think?

pic_5.jpg

Letting it dry then onto the next step. Taking longer than I hoped, but want it to look good in the end.

barto_85
      Participant

is that a focus? or another peugeot? looks cool.

Impreza
      Participant

I was hoping you could tell:sad:. Anyway it’s a focus. Will be painting it soon. pics to follow:)

barto_85
      Participant

I thought it was a focus, but when you said third in a row i got confused, but now i get it, it was the third post in a row. You can definitely tell its a focus.

TallduDe
      Participant

dude sweet focus man!!!!!!!!

how did you make it? can you make copyies?

cant wait to see it painted! wat colours are you doing WRC or your own choice?

ms char-ged
      Participant

yeah, i love focuses, especially the wrc type with the special bonnets, very nice job impreza, i gotta start looking at this thread more often 🙂

ms char-ged
      Participant

btw man, do you custom mold the shells yourself?, i love the 206, if you can fix me up let me know

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks all. The 206 I bought(bensu clone-best none bit shell imo)and just painted. The focus is just a honda accord wagon with a bit of putty added to the front and back. Will post more pics when the job is done. And wrc all the way:) 2002 colors to match what I have so far, lancer (done, thanks Tomy), 206 and Impreza (just have to add the decals) and the focus (paint and decals, may look for a wing as well?). As far as mass producing them:( this is my first work with putty and this one probably will be a loaner. May in the future have a few ideas 🙂 but first things first. Will post pics when I am done.

Impreza
      Participant

Changed the pic above/last page. Painted white now, although I am not sure but the colour seems a bit grey still. May give it a forth coat tomorrow?

Edited by – Impreza on 27 November 2003 10:55:51

Impreza
      Participant

Arrgh, looks like I screwed up the ford and instead of modeling it after the 2002 car I did the 2001 car:( Oh well you win some you loose some I guess. Will post more pics soon, may slightly change the paint job tho?

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, finally change the pic on page 9 of this topic. The ford is done except the small wing on the back and the decals. I switched to the RS colors of the ford and learned a few valuable tips along the way. I switched paint companies when I put on the blue and found that when I went back to the origional paint company for the black on the windows that I had some cracking:( occur. May try to sand it down a bit with the extra fine paper to smooth things out a bit?

Make sure you test the dry times of all your paints when you use them. The origional paints I used I was quite sure of the dry time, but I found out that dry time varys between brands and the cracking that occured was due to the new brand not being totally dry when I layered the old brand on top. I must admit I was warned about this but thought that I was allowing for more than enough time. Looking back I would have left it for at least overnight. Oh well these are all things that can be corrected the next time.

barto_85
      Participant

nice pic, the pic is a bit dark, but from what i can see the focus looks good. Nice work impreza.

Impreza
      Participant

thanks barto. I could be happier with it but once I get the decals on hopefully it will look a bit better (paint that is). Still am happy with the overall body mod as it was the first one:) Will post more as I do more.

TallduDe
      Participant

the focus is going along nice man. i like the 2001 wrc colours better then the white of the 2002/2003.

cant wait to see it whens its done 😀

Impreza
      Participant

thanks, ran out of white paint, partially the reason for going blue. Does look a bit dark thou:( We will see what it looks like after the decals are on. Just painted a second Impreza:). quick and easy one. Then onto the decals. Oh yeah, also made a fin for the back, should be on it next pic post as well:)

Impreza
      Participant

Will have some more pics up shortly… Been a very busy bee:)

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve found a better pic host. not sure how to include pics in a post yet, and i’m trying to sort out my members gallery. till then there’s a link in my signature if ya wanna see my goods!:8ball:

betty.k
      Participant

got my members gallery sorted!:approve:

http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=betty.k

there’s a couple of extra pics of the full suspension mod in the community webshots link though. i’ll be doing it on a tomy bit soon, i’ll post stuff when i do:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

finally updated mine as well.
      Will continue to udpate during the week.

http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=ph2t

ph2t.

betty.k
      Participant

i love the gtr 2000! it looks like it’s doing 100 standing still!!:p:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

Hey ph2t, good to see you posting some pics in the gallery:) Should have new pics up very soon. Still smoothing out some edges etc…

Impreza
      Participant

Ok… finally… posted some progress pics (three grey cars) in my gallery. Almost scared to ask, but any guesses as to what the two beside the focus (now with back wing) are.

*hint: wrc*

May smooth some edges before doing the finishing colours?

Will post this as well as my newest (2 weeks old) project and some other non-posted paint and decal jobs soon.

barto_85
      Participant

a citroen, focus, and can’t work out the third.

brendan
      Participant

is the last one a tiburon one of them hyundai cars.

Impreza
      Participant

wow, thanks guys, guess I didn’t do as bad a job as I thought:blush:. Rally colours to come shortly. Plus a back wing for the Citroen (will use a cut down 206 wing), if I can find a second 206 body?

Edited by – Impreza on 16 December 2003 12:27:44

barto_85
      Participant

ahh hyundai, i see it now, didn’t even think of them, couldn’t recall all the teams.

Impreza
      Participant

yeah, think they are taking a couple of years off the wrc actually… to regroup. http://www.wrc.com is a great source of info barto (if you like rally that is?)

barto_85
      Participant

ok, thanks impreza, I do like rally, just dont follow it that much, its fun to watch.

Impreza
      Participant

Ok up’d a few more pics. Hope to get all (except one) done prior to xmas? Painted the windows on the 3 cars (pic looks like crap, but once I am done it should all be nice:) Decided to spray without taping as I will sand down the cars lightly before cont. Cars had a few mod scars that a few layers of sanded paint should fix.. Put the other project that I have been working on for a while now up as well as a twin Impreza shell I painted awhile back. Hope you like.

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, posted some more pics as well as a walk thru of the focus. Aiming at finishing the painting of all three cars in the next day or two.

barto_85
      Participant

great work impreza, nice painting, i especially like the work on the hyundai.

Admin
      Participant

this may sound silly, but how do upload pics in the galleries ive been trying a few times but cant get it to work. anyway got a few picture of my own id like to show off. any help would be appreciated.

Admin
      Participant

hey impreza you said that you got some of your shells from HAVOK off Bithed, just wondering whats the price tagon em?

betty.k
      Participant

i had probs in the past but i’ve worked out how to do it now. don’t upload more than 3 or 4 pics at a time. when you’ve uploaded and entered your text and password, you’ll be taken back to your gallery page. if the new pics aren’t there hit refresh on your browser. still not there? click one of the photos in your gallery that you tried to up to and see what pic turns up. if it’s still not there then wait til you log on next and then check your gallery, then do the above steps again. let us know if it still doesn’t work:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

froggy not sure what you are talking about:blush:. Unfortunately I have never had the pleasure of doing business with Bithed:( (maybe in the new year?). Not sure I even know who, what Havok is? please help me out here…

As for uploading pics, I guess it may be a server issue but I am able to upload all the pics at once, you just have to wait a bit for it to load. I agree with betty on the refresh after you upload the pics, barto helped me on that one:)

froggy would love to see your pics, follow what betty says and you should have them up in no time.

Decided to touch up the Citroen a bit, red looks too thick:(

More pics in very soon…

Impreza
      Participant

Did a bit more on the focus. Went back a couple steps on the Citroen:angry:. But hope the end result is worth it? Will try to get as much done tomorrow as possible as I will be away for xmas, and it will have to wait till early in the new year.

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, finally.. uploaded the latest on the focus (three *new* pics near the top of my members gallery). Almost finished:D, just have to smooth out a few rough paint lines and then onto the decals. Hope you like. Re-painted the Cirtoen as well after a few patches etc.. will post that and more, near or after the new year:)

barto_85
      Participant

nice stuff impreza, very impressive

Admin
      Participant

thanks betty.k and imprezza, finnaly got some pics uploaded. its my first real paint job im happy with, check it out.

betty.k
      Participant

no sweats brudda! nice lookin shell btw, looks finished already!:8ball:

barto_85
      Participant

hey, just updated my gallery with the s2000 pics for the latest bitpimps contest. hope you enjoy, and the specs are here also:
      http://www.bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpForum/viewtopic.php?p=34564#34564

betty.k
      Participant

hey barto, i’ll bet that s2000 looks wild under a uv lamp!:smiley16:
      i’ve up’ed a few new pics in my mg, with more to come.

there’s also lotsa new pics in my webshots gallery too, have a peek:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

nice cars betty

ms char-ged
      Participant

i love it, 2 fast 2 furious was your inspiration right?

Impreza
      Participant

Ok, got back into town and spent more than a few hours on the paint jobs on the wrc cars. What do you think?

Impreza
      Participant

Need to re-organize the gallery and some pics will be fuzzy, just happy to get the paint jobs done:) Now the decals… Will try to fix up the gallery asap.

Edited by – Impreza on 31 December 2003 19:50:46

ms char-ged
      Participant

your amazing impreza, love the focus, you should do a 206 red marlboro version now, or even an f1 car, i got some putty at home, and i might actually try something, do you recommend anything, for a clear gloria or gt-r, btw, how does putty work, you just put it on and it dries? or is the process more in depth?

Impreza
      Participant

Depends what type of putty you are using. I have only to date worked with the two tamiya products the epoxy and the alcohol based putty. The epoxy is more or less the same idea that you use on your car where you mix two compounds to get a reaction that hardens. Tamiya makes a fast and slow dry epoxy putty, I used the slow dry. This allows you heaps of time to shape and mold the putty. For the ford (first one I did, pics in gallery) I just gobbed it on and filed/sanded off when it dried. For the Hyundai and the Citroen, I used it more sparingly and tried not to waste so much. Most ppl will suggest pre-sanding the surface prior to applying the putty, as does Tamiya, on the box… but in Japanese:(. Once the epoxy is smoothed down into shape, I used the filler alcohol based putty. Good for small jobs, but not solid enough to hold shape on its own, use the epoxy for this. This putty dries fairly quickly, but I still gave it a few hours to enable it to harden. This putty is also easier to sand/file then the epoxy putty. I made the back wing of the ford with the epoxy putty, but would not attempt to try any bigger stand-alone wings without the use of wire, as recomended to me by my local hobby shop. As for a body mod to try, I was going to try to duplicate what they did at Bit Char-G Grand Prix with my Gloria shell. Looks like a very doable body mod, but for me I have too many others I want to do first. Use babelfish to translate the page, and I wasn’t going to try the crazy paint/decal job they put on their bmw:) Here is the link to their page..

http://www16t.sakura.ne.jp/%7Eryo907/bcgp/bcgps11.html

Good luck, make a plan and go for it:)

ms char-ged
      Participant

I got the tamiya modelling putty for plastic, it says number 32, and it has an orange cap, what kind of putty would that be? Btw, should i really sand the surface off the shell, before i start, as this gives better results?, anyway man, i appreciate your info.

Impreza
      Participant

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/tools/putties.html

87053 and 87052 are the two I used. Sounds like you have the basic type, 87053, which should be kindof liquidy, and grey? And yes sanding, just like in a 1:1 car helps adhesion of the epoxy/putty work better, although the basic putty will take to unsanded surfaces as it tends to eat paint (alcohol based) anyway. Again for any big additions to a body I would suggest purchasing some epoxy putty, save you a lot of layering with the basic type:)…not that I am speaking from experience;(

Edited by – Impreza on 01 January 2004 02:48:56

Impreza
      Participant

tried to upload more pics, but seems to not be working today:( Will try to do again later.

barto_85
      Participant

see what happens when your gone a few days. nice stuff betty and impreza, very nice.

Admin
      Participant

hey talldude i like your track and im starting to build one of my own, the foam stuff is a good idea but i was wondering where you got it from. im thinking of using some of it my self, did you get it from a craft store? and how much?
      if any one else can point me in the right direction that would be great.
      cheers!

TallduDe
      Participant

well i got my first batch of foam at the back of just fish store:smiley2:

but if you want to get the fresh stuff which is probably a good idea then go inside a fish store and buy some. you can get 1.2m by 50cm sheets for 3 bucks each.

Admin
      Participant

cheers talldude< ill have a look around after the weekend.

Impreza
      Participant

Will try to finally update gallery tomorrow:(

betty.k
      Participant

just refreshed my gallery with some pics of my favourites

still plenty more exciting stuff in the works, til then hope these get your juices flowing!:p:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

like the s2000. Where did you get the decals for the Impreza? They look really good from the pic.

betty.k
      Participant

thanks mate! the ‘subaru’ decals were on the enertec wrx already, just peeled ’em off and cut ’em up. the others came with my super perfection:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

🙁 Thought you made them up. Guess the search continues… Just updated the gallery, including some very new pics (finally) of my initial D project as well as my ZZ SE:), lights, some never b4 posted pics of progress work on the WRC cars etc… etc… Hope you guys like.

betty.k
      Participant

nice lookin’ stuff ‘prez:smiley2::8ball:

barto_85
      Participant

good stuff impreza, love the initial d idea. i think the black GTR is a 34 though isn’t it? i think there is only a red 32 available which is the pullback. should look great though when the set is complete.

leonli17
      Participant

That half-way GT40 looking good for the while. Can’t wait until it finish. What colour will u paint it?

TallduDe
      Participant

nice work Impreza! cant wait to see the GT-40 shell all painted up, you going to do gulf LeMans racing colours???

Impreza
      Participant

That could be a plan, but no paint is going on it, other then maybe primer:) See if you guys can figure it out;) Will have to look at the gulf LeMans colors though, do you have a link? The Initial D FC3S should be primed and painted by mid-week or so. Will post pics then. Still finding decals for the WRC cars and will start to put them on by the end of the week:)

Impreza
      Participant

Ok the FC is almost done. Ran out of paint:( Painted a second FD as well (week or so back) not too happy with the color on it as well:( Will get them both done and decals put on. Pleased with the body mod on the FC though, I think I am getting the hang of it:) Still have to work on my painting skills:( a bit, imo.

Impreza
      Participant

Ok some more pics shortly, tommorow or the day after. Three Initial D cars almost done, the FC and FD’s should be stickered up soon and added an 85 as well, just have to touch up and put a decal on the hood;)

ms, what did you end up doing with your putty btw?

barto, once again you are right on the 34:( I hate it when you do that:). Guess I have one more body to paint, too bad cause the 34 only needed decals, now I have to paint my 32 pullback, although I do have a dark grey in it from my skyline set now that I think of it (not sure I want to touch that though)? Will post pics, soon.

Admin
      Participant

hey imprezza im gonna try some of this putty work too soon, just wondering how did you apply it to the shell? did you wait for the putty to dry first before moulding or did you start molding when the putty was still wet?

Impreza
      Participant

Hey froggy, once you hit the putty you will never just paint again:D. I have worked with basically two types of putty, one an alcohol based liquid putty and the second an epoxy type putty. The epoxy putty I use has two sticks that have to be kneeded together to make the putty which will harden. I can give you more info if you want, this is very general, but I don’t want the post to take up the page;) Ask questions if you have any after this?

Dry is the way to go if you are working with liquid filler type putty, as the outside dries first, kind of like a crust, b4 the inside dries. So molding this type of putty when partially dry tends to wrinkle the surface and make things messy. If you are sanding and using alot of putty this is not too much of a concern, but most times with this type of putty I would most def. let it dry first, imo. The dry time depends on the company. I had about 8 hour dry time (until I could sand it).

If you are working with an epoxy based putty, once the two compounds are mixed together they harden slowly, like autobody filler. This process can vary in time depending on what company/compounds you use. The stuff I used was a slow drying putty, gum like consitancy, so molding shape was very easy after application, as I had to wait a day or more for this type to dry.

Let me know if this helps and I will try to answer any other questions.

Impreza
      Participant

btw have done some work on the cars and will post the pics sooner then later, just have been very busy with other non fun stuff:( lately and had to take care of that b4 I could spend some time on the more fun things in life:). Will be around the forums a bit more again, soon…I don’t know if that is a good or a bad thing;)

Impreza
      Participant

I would like to bring this thread back from the dead:dead:. Still being halloween here and all:evil:. Would be nice to see what others are doing with their micros and minis lately. Will post some pics in the gallery today, including my new ZZ monster truck I picked up yesterday etc…

Pics to come in day or two, need to charge bats. for camera:(

Edited by – Impreza on 01 November 2004 16:46:35

Keymaster

Sweet! Impreza is gonna show off some new toys!

*grins*

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry for the delay, had a busy week so far Put some new pics in the gallery. Still have to work on my monster a bit as I broke the back axel last night trying it out…. May have to start working on Monster#2 as I really like what ZZ has done with their setup. Added some pics of initial D and rally bodies that I have been kicking around for quite awhile now. Still have to decal and put on chassis… May have more time once the new year hits. No rest for the wicked:(

Edited by – Impreza on 08 November 2004 14:48:02

TallduDe
      Participant

i got the same monster!!!!

man thesethings rock aye, very cool. 4wd into this little bit very nice.

kinda pissed of though if they could make a zip zap into a 4wd why couldnt they do it with the kyosho mini z!!!

anyway get more pics Impreza, ill do the same.

betty.k
      Participant

i got some stuff brewing in my gallery, this should be fun!:8ball:

Keymaster

I’ll have to add some pictures to mine of the updates to the MX project. After the encouraging words from those that saw it in the plastic on the weekend I really want to get it finsihed 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

Added a couple more pics today.. Let me just say SS:)

Impreza
      Participant

Added a couple more pics today.. Let me just say SS:)

z-beam
      Participant

yo talldude, could you take a few pics of the gto i did for you? im sure the other members would like a look!

and as for brewing up some new stuff i picked up a 1970(and a half?) z28 camaro today, inspired by your mx efforts Aaron i’m going to give a custom z body a go.

TallduDe
      Participant

dude im working on pics atm.

need a better quailty cam. have to steal my bro’s one.

i really like this gto looks cool.

btw my monster came in these things rock!

dgs73
      Participant

i’ve tossed in afew extra pics of late… got some more coming over the weekend too. TD; what monster’s that, then:question:

z-beam
      Participant

me thinks its the new zip zap monster dave…

cool talldude, hope the pics turn out well. make sure you give me full credits!!!:smiley2:

i chopped the camaro last nite, took out half an inch from the middle to get it to fit. puttied up the gap and resculpted the details i destroyed in the process. only thing i need now are some REALLY wide wheels to match the width of the body.

im hoping to come by your place dave sometime this week and give you a preveiw of the job, and pick up the diff and arial.

if this works out well i’ll be able to modify nearly any 1/24th kit to fit a z.:approve:

dgs73
      Participant

not a problem mate… will put those aside for you… zz monster eh? in awd?? Wow:shock: the advances of technology, eh?:smiley2::clown: Given it a run yet TD?

TallduDe
      Participant

dude the monster has been given a real work out!

i love micros always will! and this thing is real cool.

will bring on sunday to show how cool it is!

dgs73
      Participant

sweet.. look forward to seeing it… same sort of size as the (highly anticipated!!) Super Slick monster?

TallduDe
      Participant

smaller dude!

remember that zip zap i have? same size basically but taller cause of the wheels.

i got pics of it next tomy much loved H-1 hummer to show the size of this thing.

btw the jeep body is not the body they come with. i got that different esp for the the monster.

dgs73
      Participant

mmm… anticipation… coffee table crawling time!!

Impreza
      Participant

Have time today to play..:) Should have some more pics of stuff up by end of day here:):D:D:D

Impreza
      Participant

Sry:( pics still to come. Busy week at work.blackeye::dead:

Impreza
      Participant

Added 2 more.. Second ZZ monster and deal on MicroSizer sport at Target. Sorry no custom stuff still trying to get the decal situation figured out.

TallduDe
      Participant

nice monsters Impreza!

do they only come in two frequencies?

Impreza
      Participant

yep:( 27 and 49.

dgs73
      Participant

added the Mad Max Interceptor and my Mini T over the last few days… I need more T pics though

TallduDe
      Participant

damn im jealous of the mad max interceptor dude!

i so want that version the dirty one looks the stuff.

maybe next year ill get 1!! always wanted one

dgs73
      Participant

good luck finding one!:D:D:D:D:D lol:p

Impreza
      Participant

Just added a pic of my new SS fully loaded Impreza WRX:D:D:D with Turbo/drift/lights/choice of 3 channels… It is a bit to fast for the room I have inside.

Haven’t figured out the drift button, other then it switches the controls around?

z-beam
      Participant

theres some pics of the camaro in its final incarnation in my gallery… thats if you havent seen em yet.

betty.k
      Participant

impreza, put the body on backwards. drift mode turns it into a front wheel drive and rear wheel steering drifter:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks betty:)

dgs73
      Participant

Impreza; you get the SS loaded over seas, or have they hit our shores already? *fingers are crossed* gotta get the Mercedes!!!:D:smiley2:

betty.k
      Participant

i don’t think we got them yet but i’ve noticed ads on telly for the originals. so they might expand the range if the originals take off:8ball:

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry dgs, I had to make a trip State side for that beauty:) Although the originals are here in Canada.

dgs73
      Participant

hmm… really want to get the Lancer/GTR 2F2F light up shell set, plus the clk55 Merc… oh the waiting! The waiting!!:clown:

ForumAdmin
      Keymaster

Well many member shave taken advantage of the new Gallery and have great pictures up.

Check them out!
      http://www.ausmicro.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php

Viewing 235 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.