Micro RC frequencies

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I’ve done heaps of research since finding out about Tomy Bit Char-G cars and wanted to get one from an overseas supplier as the range available under the Compact Char-G banner her in Aus is very limited. However my local hobby store tells me only 29mhz and 40mhz is permitted here but the Compact Char-G range operates on 27mhz and 40mhz.

The problem with the overseas cars is that they operate on 27mhz, 35mhz, 45mhz & 57mhz. If you want to race against a group of friends, how are us Aussies supposed to do so legally ? The local hobby store suggested it would be illegal to operate cars on banned frequencies.

The local available product just doesn’t measure up to the range available overseas. Do I have to remain stuck in limbo ?

HELP !!!

Mambo

GT-ahh
      Participant

I dont think youd get in much trouble for playing with a toy….
      the shop that imported the banned freq is more likely to get in trouble

GT-ahh
      Participant

I dont think youd get in much trouble for playing with a toy….
      the shop that imported the banned freq is more likely to get in trouble

Shypo
      Participant

these things have like 20m of range maximum.. i dont think its gonna do 2 much harm

Shypo
      Participant

these things have like 20m of range maximum.. i dont think its gonna do 2 much harm

barto_85
      Participant

haha, dont worry about that legal stuff. There are a few websites that you can buy stuff from, it will cost probably an extra $20+ on the compacts but definitely well worth it.
      This site has the latest range of tomy’s, only released in 9 days though, they are pretty cheap and all prices include shipping. http://www.geocities.com/truthjp/

These 2 are Australian but they stock the Japanese models, have a look.
      http://www.bitchargoz.tk/
      http://www.tradingdirect.com.au/public/home.ehtml

Hope that helps.

barto_85
      Participant

haha, dont worry about that legal stuff. There are a few websites that you can buy stuff from, it will cost probably an extra $20+ on the compacts but definitely well worth it.
      This site has the latest range of tomy’s, only released in 9 days though, they are pretty cheap and all prices include shipping. http://www.geocities.com/truthjp/

These 2 are Australian but they stock the Japanese models, have a look.
      http://www.bitchargoz.tk/
      http://www.tradingdirect.com.au/public/home.ehtml

Hope that helps.

Shypo
      Participant

“dont worry about the legal stuff”

Lol dude you do realise if you have a strong enough frequnecy in a certain one of those above you can face a $10,000 fine

Shypo
      Participant

“dont worry about the legal stuff”

Lol dude you do realise if you have a strong enough frequnecy in a certain one of those above you can face a $10,000 fine

barto_85
      Participant

really? damn. ignore what i said then, i dont think it would happen though.

Edited by – barto_85 on 16 June 2003 21:18:07

barto_85
      Participant

really? damn. ignore what i said then, i dont think it would happen though.

Edited by – barto_85 on 16 June 2003 21:18:07

perriscope
      Participant

Interesting??

So like the cops could have a crack down on illegal rc car racing!!, just like they do for real cars {haa haa} dats funny!!

but seriously what is go with that?? I bet every member of this website has a 27Mhz or 57Mhz rc car. That they bought in a shop??

As for the comment charg only have 20m range, lots of people are modifying there bits to the point where they have much higher range. Sooooo what range is too strong?? or is it where you use it? what kinda equipement will they interfere with? I just assumed they could only interfere with cordless home phones and stuff people don’t care too much about??

I have some of those mini boats they run 27 and 49 they have 9v battery in controller and give much better range than the mini cars!! I have not tested it’s range but from experience i have a feeling it could be about 50M is that too much?

perriscope
      Participant

Interesting??

So like the cops could have a crack down on illegal rc car racing!!, just like they do for real cars {haa haa} dats funny!!

but seriously what is go with that?? I bet every member of this website has a 27Mhz or 57Mhz rc car. That they bought in a shop??

As for the comment charg only have 20m range, lots of people are modifying there bits to the point where they have much higher range. Sooooo what range is too strong?? or is it where you use it? what kinda equipement will they interfere with? I just assumed they could only interfere with cordless home phones and stuff people don’t care too much about??

I have some of those mini boats they run 27 and 49 they have 9v battery in controller and give much better range than the mini cars!! I have not tested it’s range but from experience i have a feeling it could be about 50M is that too much?

FreeLoader101
      Participant

bah.. everyone is so scared of the law these days.. what ever happend to Anarchy?? if sumone ever comes up and tries to give u a fine for runnin a lil r/c car flip em off and walk away.. they wont try n catch u… everyone just needs to stop freekin..

im runnin a 45MHz car here and only 27&49MHz are allowed.. but if ne one ever told me i was under arrest for runnin it.. or told me i was gettin a fine i’d tell em to F*ck off.. if i dont give them my name they cant fine me.. and if they cant catch me they cant get my name.. so if ne one ever trys to fine u just go for a jog:p

heh.. now i wanna go play in a place where i’ll get caught so i can pull ditch.. that’d be fun as hell :evil::D

Edited by – FreeLoader101 on 16 June 2003 21:45:57

FreeLoader101
      Participant

bah.. everyone is so scared of the law these days.. what ever happend to Anarchy?? if sumone ever comes up and tries to give u a fine for runnin a lil r/c car flip em off and walk away.. they wont try n catch u… everyone just needs to stop freekin..

im runnin a 45MHz car here and only 27&49MHz are allowed.. but if ne one ever told me i was under arrest for runnin it.. or told me i was gettin a fine i’d tell em to F*ck off.. if i dont give them my name they cant fine me.. and if they cant catch me they cant get my name.. so if ne one ever trys to fine u just go for a jog:p

heh.. now i wanna go play in a place where i’ll get caught so i can pull ditch.. that’d be fun as hell :evil::D

Edited by – FreeLoader101 on 16 June 2003 21:45:57

barto_85
      Participant

27 is ok, i think its 35 and 57. I think after 20metres you wouldn’t even be able to see it anyway.

barto_85
      Participant

27 is ok, i think its 35 and 57. I think after 20metres you wouldn’t even be able to see it anyway.

barto_85
      Participant

Yeah I dont think its going to interfere with anything that anyone will care about, and how would you get caught anyway? most people just play in their house. This upcoming meet would be sweet racing with just 2 frequencies :dead:

barto_85
      Participant

Yeah I dont think its going to interfere with anything that anyone will care about, and how would you get caught anyway? most people just play in their house. This upcoming meet would be sweet racing with just 2 frequencies :dead:

perriscope
      Participant

haa haa dats right!!

if so many frequences are banned for rc then it looks like ausmicro/trading direct are going to be sponsoring an illegal rc racing meet!!

perriscope
      Participant

haa haa dats right!!

if so many frequences are banned for rc then it looks like ausmicro/trading direct are going to be sponsoring an illegal rc racing meet!!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.