Micro springs

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve noticed actually if you can’t get springs, you can get them from the 1:64 scale modifiers that comes with gold springs, i snugged them on my front axles, but i see no difference, just sorta of a stiffer suspension thats it. eh what the heck worth a try. anyone try this?

Participant

yeah springs really dont do anything for these cars.

Participant

springs dont do alot unless u have a fair bit of power and u lube up the knuckles pins so the springs dont stick

Participant

I wonder if springs work better without the sway bar.

Participant

Acutally guys I disagree. I’ve got springs going with the sway bar removed and they work very well. The main diff is that the car doesn’t go nuts when it hits a bump. The turning circle is a bit wider but the car won’t flip as much….

The key is to find soft springs, I rip apart old DDS data tapes from servers (I work in IT) and use the springs from there.

Several people have bought springs off me and have had similar success…..

Stiff springs don’t do much at all, as was said previously, the car just not heavy enough.

ph2t.

Participant

I have to agree with ph2t, I was running a car outside on reasonably smooth concrete, but the front end was jumping around from all the little deviations in the concrete surface. With the springs in the front end, the car runs dead straight and the spring absorb the rough spots perfectly. I got mine from ph2t, the DDS tape springs.
      :)uA

Participant

if you make a sway bar softer its the same thing as softer springs but your talking about very little shock travle and really it isent worth doing anything for it.

most people ruin bits on smooth floors so they dont need any suspension and a small 1mm bum is like hitting a speed bump in a realy car doin 80mph to a bit.

you can use the grease from hpi micro r34 front shocks to provide some damp. springs allways have and allways will suck on bits thats the reason tomy went with sway bars.

Participant
      Quote:
      if you make a sway bar softer its the same thing as softer springs but your talking about very little shock travle and really it isent worth doing anything for it.

Crap!:evil: The sway bar causes one side to raise when the other side goes down and vice versa, like a see saw. Springs offer independent front end suspension.

ph2t.

Participant

wats a dds tape

Participant

See this thread HERE.

ph2t.

Participant

Don’t the new Super BCG bits have spring suspensions???

Participant

Will know in about a week.:)

Participant

I thought I’d read somewhere that they did.

Participant

I just scored about 30 dds tapes from a cleanout we did! So I’m gonna be putting them on the SBCG anyways…. That’s if they don’t have ’em..

ph2t.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.