mini z clones

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      SurfmyStrat
      Participant

so, whats the deal with mini z clones. Which are good, if any. Which suck? here are a few i have heard of, i would like some input on there pros and cons please!!!

heres one called Thunder mars? i think, theres a glare:
      MiniZAudiBox.jpg
      heres another pic of it
      MiniZAudiFull.jpg

heres a wierd one, it comes with front and rear lights?
      z_porsche911gt3s.jpg

heres the insides of the thunder mars one, look pretty similar to the real deal, especially interesting since i got the pic from ebay where its selling for 9.99 us dollars.

i would really like your guys’s comments:D

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

also its funny because if you look on the controller up top on the thunder mars one it says mini z, and then some hei pao thing…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

None of those are any good at all. The one with the blue/white controller is the Zed’s baby brother, the Kyosho Palm Runner, which is still a piece of crap, and its more like a bit char-g than anything else.

Get the mini Z it is 1000x better than anything else.

Shypo
      Participant

Clone mini z’s arent worth the plastic they are made with

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Couldn’t agree with you more shypo.

PandaBear
      Participant

You guys missed ONE BIG OMISSION there… the “clones” are all copies of the PalmRunner, not a MiniZ.

The PalmRunner is not fully-proportional, it operates like a BCG/tincan. Full lock L/R or nothing, full power fwd/reverse or nothing.

If anybody finds any cheapo clones that are fully-proportional – lemme know quick. I have design on their electronics… :blush:

ph2t
      Participant

Panda, can you send me that design info. Would be good to *cough* know *cough*….

:smiley16:

ph2t.

PandaBear
      Participant

“design” as in “I have plans for”… haha, maybe this usage on English is a bit antiquated, perchance?

I was sitting here thinking there’s probably 101 things I’d like to get RC’d… common items a PC mouse, for example. How cool would that be?

Or how about RCing a RC transmitter… yeah, make that the vehicle, give it some small wheels etc!!

When that’s all done… a mini RC plane or similar microlight aircraft might be cute.

Just need some cheap and easily available source of the electronics/mechanics. 🙂

ph2t
      Participant

I’m cheap and easy, lol!:p

barto_85
      Participant

yeah a plane the size of a char g would be really cool, finish the collection, there are submarines and tanks.

PandaBear
      Participant

Any plane small as a matchbox/BCG would be hell to fly, due to instablity, crosswinds etc etc.

Me more thinking about making a self-contained powerpod for a large PaperPlane… 🙂

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, I didn’t think it would work.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.