mosfet in race tin

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      henal
      Participant

hi ever one im new to the forum and i want to know how to connect mosfet

from what i know mosfet are the same as transistores but there are diffrent in ways
      one thing i dont get is does it amplify the current so more current goes into the motor

for examply can put a Woah Nelly turbo in the race tin or you cant or any other power mosfet

any help plz

betty.k
      Participant

g’day henal:beer:

mosfets don’t amplify the current, they just allow more through than regular transistors.

it’s kinda like if you ditched all your garden hoses and replaced them with big fat fire hoses. they don’t make more pressure, they just allow more through.

you would definately see an increase in torque if you upgrade the stock transistors to fets.

check out our tech notes for some good info on transistors. :8ball:
      http://www.ausmicro.com/index.php?page=technotes2

henal
      Participant

see now thats what im confused at when there replace the mosfet in the mini z there get some mad speed but race tins dont have mosfets im confused

so me using mosfet is the same as me using relays in the race tin

are there any other ways electronics side for me making it fasted
      i know all about relays turbo adding more cells winding motors

any help for for me making the race tin reach insane speeds(electronics side)

as it is hard getting all the gears over here(london) with out paaying a big price over here

will be getting my race tin in about 1 weeks time so i want to have ever thing to mod it

betty.k
      Participant

so me using mosfet is the same as me using relays in the race tin

correct.

think of it this way, relays and regular transistors are old slow technology.
      mosfets are the new improved version;) :8ball:

henal
      Participant

oh i get it now tanks so for the ppl who got the mini z or what ever there calls there got to replace them because the stock one are cheap and there dont pass much current

hay do any of youlot know what mods i can do to my race tin (electronics side) not the one listed above

and how may tunes on the motor do u think is best im going to try 50 turns with no load as i dont have my race tin and i will be getting them in about 1 weeks time
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Race-Tin-RC-Cars-Blue-And-White-BNIP-NR_W0QQitemZ330064382228QQihZ014QQcategoryZ2565QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.