new Compact Char-G

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

they’re here. You may have seen them… $49.95, silver Celica 27mhz, silver Supra 40mhz, red RX7 40mhz, white/carbon NSX 27mhx. Same packaging & contents.

barto_85
      Participant

wow, so were getting them here in Australia.

leonli17
      Participant

Damn. still only two frequencies.
      But it’s good enough. So will they be sold in Kmarts?

ms char-ged
      Participant

now this i got to see, my bet is you won’t be seeing the nsx-r

dgs73
      Participant

ms char-ged; which ones that then?? If you mean the white/carbon, its in stock. The four cars listed up top were all in stock, at Toyland in Ryde. (very handy…)
      leonli17; my guess is yes, they would be available everywhere the first lot were – G.B.’s,
      Big W, K Mart, etc.
      These cars are out now, so keep your eyes peeled…

barto_85
      Participant

excellent, although i dont really need another kit, we really need some body sets in Australia.

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      they’re here. You may have seen them… $49.95, silver Celica 27mhz, silver Supra 40mhz, red RX7 40mhz, white/carbon NSX 27mhx. Same packaging & contents.

And K-mart i having a %15 off sale which makes ’em $42 !!

Shypo
      Participant

super sweet, I wana NSX-R

kevsta
      Participant

Damn… I just placed an order to buy a vw and a nissan fairlady… If only I had known sooner.

I called kmart last thursday during the 15% sale and the the dude in the toy section told me that they only have one silver honda s2000 in stock.

I want the porsche. 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

gotta Porsche coming… also a cherry red 350Z… pullback tho. You wont be disappointed with the Fairlady, that i know…:smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, the new ones look damn good.

PandaBear
      Participant

Yeah, we scooped it earlier in the year… :smiley2::smiley2:

The previous earlier SCOOP thread!

Shypo
      Participant

I only have the old compacts available at my work

ms char-ged
      Participant

can anyone confirm that they have seen any of these new compacts in stock? And Barto i’m a guy, not a girl, and the honda f1 custom bit is not mine

barto_85
      Participant

sorry, I just thought the ms meant miss, sorry.

Edited by – barto_85 on 24 June 2003 11:47:19

dgs73
      Participant

ms char-ged – have seen in stock at Top Ryde shops one of each of the new series, icluding the NSX-R you wanted to know about. Still wanna make that bet??:smiley2: And I have to agree with Barto, the ms suggested miss to me too.blackeye:

ms char-ged
      Participant

lol, ms stands for my initials, i got that from someone too, it’s good that i changed the name on the back of my year 12 jersey, otherwise i would get a funny look on the street

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

I have seen the new “Series 2” Compacts advertised in the Harris Scarfe catalog just yesterday for $39.95 which is a good price.

And they also were selling them at K-Mart in Devonport (Tasmania)at $49.95 (less whatever % sale discount I guess).

Strange thing was that in K-Mart they only had the 4 different empty boxes on the shelf with a note to ask staff for the items.

They are really becoming a popular little item!

They also had the micro HRT and HSV cars in there at $39.95.

GT-ahh
      Participant

its cause people rack em so much

barto_85
      Participant

I finally went in to toyworld to see these things. They had a Silver Celica, White NSX, Silver Supra and the Red Rx7

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

woohooo off to HS i go!!

z-beam
      Participant

kmart have em on sale starting saturday for 39.95 too.
      advance wars 2 gets released then as well:p

DaveF
      Participant

HSV – that track of yours is looking really nice. Us Tasmanians are proving to be quite the track builders. Maybe we should alk to Tourism Tas and set up two legs of a Char-G international race meet down here. =o)

z-beam
      Participant

i’d be down for that!!!!

another reason to use the new spirit of tassie 3!

DaveF
      Participant

Yeah, That’ll dock close to my place (20 minute walk, 5 minute car ride). Then bus to HSVs area of the world, and catch the spirit 1 or 2 back to the North island.

Well, the logistics are worked oiut, now all we need is sponsorship, venues, media coverage, a grant from the Bacon Govt, sports Aus, and Cascade.

Edited by – DaveF on 11 July 2003 15:08:29

Admin
      Participant

I just bought a Compact Char-g from K-Mart. The Silver Toyota Supra, Looks pretty good.

The reason I wanted it was not for the convenience of buying from Australia, but that they have a 40 Mhz Car like in the states. Which means I can now run five cars a once.

I don’t have a 57Mhz car yet but all the other frequencies seem to work fine with the Compact car. Also they come with the 2.2 Motor as opposed to the 1.0. Iritating, it’s too fast for my track. Pretty cool otherwise.

K-Mart in NSW and ACT are having a Toy sale from July 12 to 18 and the Compacts are being sold at 39.95. Bargain, but I was too impatient to wait three days.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah the same sale is up here in Brisbane, its probably an Australia wide sale.

Prowler3
      Participant

I bought 1. An NSXr. Its way faster than the first series(my skyline). aT KMART. iTS RANGE IS CRIPPLED so i put the motor in my skyline

peedee
      Participant

shypo how much are the old bits at your work.

Shypo
      Participant

$49.95… same price as the new 1’s.. such a rip

Prowler3
      Participant

Yes, their definetly here! I have a 2.2 RSXr that is faster than a 2.6 ! The RSXr is really shiny. The shell is quite noisy i think, could be the motor. Sounds cool anyway.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant
      Quote:
      Yeah, That’ll dock close to my place (20 minute walk, 5 minute car ride). Then bus to HSVs area of the world, and catch the spirit 1 or 2 back to the North island.

Well, the logistics are worked oiut, now all we need is sponsorship, venues, media coverage, a grant from the Bacon Govt, sports Aus, and Cascade.

Edited by – DaveF on 11 July 2003 15:08:29

Sounds like a fantastic idea Dave, Only one problem, Cascade, that stuff really is tiger p!$$ you know. (Tasmanian joke guys North / South beer drinking tastes are a touchy subject with us Tasmanians)

Actually here’s an idea, we could call it Tar-G-a Tasmania

Thanks for the earlier comments on my track Dave, it is getting there slowly, I have nearly finished applying all the barrier logos and stenciling/painting starting grid, so hopefully by next week I will have a heap more pics.

DaveF
      Participant

Better Tigers pss than esk river sewer sludge. =o)

Bit Tag-Ga Tasmania. I love it. We’d have to whip up some other tracks on the fly I think for the other stages. My track can be reconfigured into about 20+ different tracks, but the racing surface stays the same. We’d could whip up something like the BCG Grand Prix guys rally track for the event too.

Keep up the good work on the track – it’s all worth it once you have a track you love to use.

ph2t
      Participant

The sale KMART are having till Friday 18th and compacts are only $32.99, including the new models…….:approve:

ms char-ged
      Participant

you are wrong ph2t, they cost $39.95, i just bought one last night, maybe its cost varies around states, and suburbs, but $39.95 is definately not the regular retail price

DaveF
      Participant

pht2 – which Kmart are you going to? Which suburb/state? Other people should be able to say their local Kmart that yours has the same item for $x, and therefore they should match the price.

ph2t
      Participant

This was Kmart in Southland, Melbourne. I prolly got my price wrong. Can’t remember……:dead:

barto_85
      Participant

yeah cos they are 39.95 here in brisbane too. 32 would be great, nearly half price.

DaveF
      Participant

Half price??? You can get the ones from Asia for around $45 deliverred.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah true, and I would prefer to buy an asian one.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Dave, we could always have races in different directions on each track too.

We could veven have a hill climb by tilting the track/s slightly (one piece tracks obviously)

For a trophy we could just give people plates like Targa Tas. I’m sure we could come up with someting imaginative to put on it. Paint ’em Bronze, Silver and Gold and there you go!!

The options are only restricted by our imagination I guess.

As for the Esk River sludge, it doesn’t phase me as I generally only drink burbon (Wild Turkey 😀 hence: Turkey Hill Raceway)

Viewing 40 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.