New Members Gallery feature

Home Forums General Chat New Members Gallery feature

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

Aaron, this is a fantastic feature, but I have a problem, I have tried to ‘apply’ twice and it doesnt work. This is the response I get.

—Note from Aaron—
      Bug is now fixed
      —End Note—

I leave it in your capable hands.
      :)uA

Edited by – Aaron on 23 May 2003 16:39:39

barto_85
      Participant

so is this just a gallery where all members can submit their own cars?

Keymaster

Barto, Have a look at the gallery I have there…. http://members.ausmicro.com/memberview.asp?user=aaron for an idea on how it could be used.

Once you’ve applied and I create the access for you all you need to do is click the Edit link on the lefthand side and upload pics and stuff!

Edited by – Aaron on 23 May 2003 09:10:04

--
      Site Owner Guy.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Aaron, the account is working but……
      the upload bar doesnt scroll accross when pictures are uploading, and when I uploaded 1 sample pic, it put 5 of them into all the available places.
      Back to you.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Something strange is going on here, the forum index is showing a reply by Aaron at 09:10:04 , but it is not here.
      Hmmmmm.

Ahh, silly me, that was the edit on the previous post.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 23 May 2003 09:50:47

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hey Aaron, we need a link at the top of this page to the members galleries.
      Come to think of it theres no link to the Ausmicro home page from here either.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

to go to the home page just click on the ausmicro.com banner, and we do need a link to the gallery, also i applied, did you get my application Aaron???

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Aaron,

I tried applying, but for some reason when I try to logon to upload pics, it comes up with ‘Incorrect Password, Try Again’

Do I have to wait for you to approve my application before I can do anything more, or is there still a few little gremlins in the system??

Other than that, this will be an AWESOME addition to ausmicro.com. 😀

As one of the conditions, it states that we are not to link to our images from outside ausmicro, so as I would understand, this does allow us to insert our images from our galleries into our forum posts within ausmicro??

ph2t
      Participant

Aaron, I have the same issue as 8chEssVee.

Cheers,

ph2t.

Keymaster

Yep. Sorry I’ve rushed the coding finished and left out a few links and the like. The progress bar is waiting for a fix by our ISP – the server cannot current pass back the progress levels to the script.

Yes you have to wait until I manually approve the accounts – at the moment i’m doing this to prevent people from creating stacks of accoutns 😉

There are links back to ausmicro.com on the pages – clicking on the title bar, and also in the left hand menus.

I will be adding links from http://www.ausmicro.com back to the Members Gallery once we’ve got it all nice and prettied up 😉

I have to refine some of the code to improve a few functions and ofcourse make things better. There’s a lot of stuff that’s very new to me in the coding.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Oh and yes you can use gallery images in the forums or anythign on the ausmicro.com domain.

limited use in other forums is OK – but I’d much rather people posted links to their galleries 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ph2t
      Participant

Thanks for all your work mate, it doens’t go unnoticed.:)

Cheers,

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

That is a fantastic feature being able to link to pictures in your own gallery. Isn’t that going to cost you a heap in bandwidth and storage, hosting all the members pics?

Keymaster

Only if we move another 4Gig a month of them!

In all seriousness it’s been accounted for.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

NOte Only JPG (JPEG) files will work with the system!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Cool.

Thanks for all your great work Aaron.

As ph2t said, it definately doesn’t go un noticed!!!

Shypo
      Participant

Mines just up lol finally sum fotos from me. german Alloys.. a Coupla Z shots and the NUR

Impreza
      Participant

Nice feature A. Will keep trying to log on until it works:)

barto_85
      Participant

nice photo’s shypo, thanks. I like that wing on the WRX and the Altezza is sweet too. nice rims.

barto_85
      Participant

I planned on doing an assignment, but can’t now, gotta check out all these galleries. thanks aaron :smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

I like that blue skyline of yours aaron. or whoever owns that now. porsche is cool too.

barto_85
      Participant

How do i make bullet points in that section on the right like yours has Aaron?

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks for entering me in Aaron, but I noticed that you put 2 zz’s in Impreza:shock::blush:

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry Aaron could not find what file size your accepting? Will play with it a bit.

Shypo
      Participant
      Quote:
      nice photo’s shypo, thanks. I like that wing on the WRX and the Altezza is sweet too. nice rims.

Sorry I couldnt get better fotos but you get the idea.. yeah the rex is my current shell. but its got a bit of work still to be done to it..

Impreza
      Participant

Posted pics:). u, your hand must get tired holding the car in place on your dyno? Can’t you add a post to place the front end on? Or is that what the tyres are for:blush:.

micro_Amps
      Participant

hehehe, that is an old pic, and only put into the gallery to see how things work. It will have a foam stopper to keep the car in place in the final version.

barto_85
      Participant

so does anyone know how to use bullet points in the gallery comment part?

barto_85
      Participant

nice pics of the Bb impreza, looks good.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks barto:) I think Initial D mock-ups are next. Dont have the kit so will have to start with the pull-back AE86 and a clear RX7 shell. Will post them when done:)

Impreza
      Participant

Good way for me to get back to the air-brush practice:smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

excellent, can’t wait to see them.

Shypo
      Participant

what would be cool is if you could leave comments on peoples galleries…

barto_85
      Participant

yeah that would be good.

Keymaster

Impreza I’ll fix your double ‘zz’s today 😉

The files are reprocessed once uploaded so that they’re locked into a 640×480 size. I’ve set the limit at 1MB per file int he upload though.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

barto_85
      Participant

If i wanted to upload a whole new set of photos, does it delete the old ones?

Keymaster

Yes, your pics are cycled in that limit of five.

Once things are established a big I may look at changing the limit but while I’m still gathering data on the use/server load 5 it is 😉

The next new user feature should help with pictures for Forum useage though!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, excellent thinking aaron, was an excellent inclusion.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks Admin/Aaron. One more Q? If a pic is linked to the general forum from the member gallery in a post, then it is replaced in that members gallery, what will happen to the link/picture in the forum?

(And if a one train is travelling at 500 kph in a eastern direction and passes a second train traveling at 300 kph in a western direction. What is the speed of the second train in reference to a passenger standing….:)

Hope that makes sense…? The first question that is.

Keymaster

Easy – you will change the pic in the forums – not an ideal situation but I’m working on a fix for that 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks Aaron, thought so, but was not sure. Now I just have to get back to working on that second question, lol.

Impreza
      Participant

Double zz’s gone, thanks all:)

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.