New track construction in progress

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      M_Coupe
      Participant

I don’t know how many of you have seen my previous track (Posted in the pictures area) well… I destroyed it to use the base for a completely new race circuit. My last track was a lot of fun to make and I enjoyed racing on it, but I felt that I rushed it. I started working on it very shortly after I got my first Bit, so I basically just wanted to get on it asap. I’ve learned a lot from the mistakes I made along the way, and the track I’ve designed should be ten times better (no real math involved :smiley2:)!

What will be added:

-Wider track
      -Longer Course
      -Elevation Changes (What inspired me to begin with)
      -A more user friendly Pit Lane

Improvements I’m HOPING for:
      -It should allow faster racing (my last was best run with the 1.6 motor)
      -I’m planning on building a paddock area behind pit wall
      -More detail in the Paint Work (the last one looked alright, but I wasn’t happy with the overall look [once again, rushed])

What will be removed:

-The Drag Strip (It was useless and a waste of space)
      -The two layout option (I liked it, but it was very limiting in the overall design. Also, I believe it would be extremely difficult with the elevations changing)

Shypo
      Participant

Holy crap M-coupe.. havent seen you around here in AGES AND AGES…cant wait to c the track btw

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

M_Coupe
      Participant

Still alive Shypo, just been busy :smiley2:

Shypo
      Participant

lol i can understand that…. its funny when the veterans like yourself show up after ages… i know Im not one of the beginning members but it almost brings a tear to my eye lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

M_Coupe
      Participant

*Update*

I killed the idea of the pits all together for the time being. I’ve layed out a skeleton for most of the terrain after a lot of bit testing. The hills shouldn’t be a problem but the track will most likely be one way.

After a little blood and sweat the track IS coming along quite well.

-Also… All the drawn out plans ended up being garbage. The terrain ends up doing most of the track design for you. I’m just building hills with flat areas for the road to go through and connecting them.

M_Coupe
      Participant

Stage one completed. The skeleton for the course is finished. I took pictures, but I’m not exactly sure how to post them. I’ll worry about that when I have more to post.

DaveF
      Participant

WebShots is a good place to put pictures, then let people go there via a link, like in my signature. Unfortunately you can’t then link individual shots back into the forum.

👿 DaveF!
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

M_Coupe
      Participant

I definatly dig your track, Dave. I check this message a while ago, but wanted to wait till I could include another update.

*Track Update* The surface has been created and we set it up to have a textured surface hoping for a World Rally Effect. Well… bad news, the textured surface has destroyed the car’s climbing ability so even after testing the hills to ensure the power was there, they are unable to make the accents. Also, the texture of the terrain has also taken away the ablity to steer the cars. The magnets won’t pull the wheels with bumps in the road. I’m looking for something better to make the actual track out of, but I like the overall look so far.

ekwj
      Participant

hey m coupe.. are you the one who did that ultra cool track which had a video of two auto modelista bcg’s dueling?

The sky is the limit! |ekR34| http://www.ekr34.tk

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

what are you making your track off?

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

M_Coupe
      Participant

ekwj… sorry to say that wasn’t me. I don’t have any digital video equipment to pull that off.

SurfmyStrat… I’ve been working with chicken wire and doing a paper mache foundation.

Shypo
      Participant

Have you thought about using Spakfilla M_coupe?
      or that industrial grade putty stuff. that cna be kinda smooth yet bumpy.. i have seen a rally course made out of that.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

M_Coupe
      Participant

I’ve been running a few things through my head, the main hold up right now is that I just started a new job :smiley2:

jord001
      Participant

hi all sorry for butting in but i am at the moment planning a track and just wondered what the best stuff is to build it from. I thought of mixing fine sand with blackboard paint to make a grippy surface (start/finish) for good traction on the pull off. I also thought about some sand coloured carpet which could be good as a sand trap as bits don’t run as fast on it. what do you think?

I would like to see the skeleton of the track so get some pictures posted please.

jord:approve:

Edited by – jord001 on 17 April 2003 06:12:22

M_Coupe
      Participant

I was actually considering using tan Felt for sand traps. It’s thick enough to slow the cars down, but low enough that they should be able to get into it without any trouble. I don’t think it’ll work with my current design though.

I’m currently back in testing trying to fix climbing problems.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.