Ordering from Toyeast.com

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

How long does it take for an order to ship to AUS from ToyEast.com ? What’s everyone’s experience with this merchant?

Thanks,

ph2t.

kevsta
      Participant

Ph2t,

I ordered from them 2 weeks ago, and got my package in 8 days even though they said that shipping usually takes 2 weeks. They post your parcel registered mail, so it requires a signature on delivery although my posty just dumped it on my front door.

All goods were packaged nicely in boxes and foam confetti stuff.

Just make sure, that when you fill out the shipping address on their site that you put your postcode in the address details and not in the zip code field.

Cheers.

ph2t
      Participant

Thanks Kev, how did you find out about the ZIP .vs postcode issue?

Impreza
      Participant

Whoops… I just ordered a few odds and ends from them a week or so ago. Will have to wait and see if they can sort the post vs. Zip thing out *crosses fingers*

Shypo
      Participant

I have never had a problem with them… very easy and friendly

micro_Amps
      Participant

Fantastic as far as I am concerned.
      FAST…..it got to me in about 4 days and the packaging is some of the best I’ve seen.
      Should be more like them.
      :)uA

ph2t
      Participant

4 days hey? Cool………..:smiley2: I *was* hoping that their delivery time would be better for AUS than the US.

Shypo
      Participant

Postage isnt really that expensive either.. I’d def order with them

ph2t
      Participant

Well I placed my order on Sat and today I got an email saying it’s now on it’s way so here’s counting………….:shy:

Trackmaster
      Participant

I usually get my ordered parts in 3 days!! From Hong Kong to Sweden, amazing!

/Trackmaster

Impreza
      Participant

I just noticed that they have a tracker, thru HK post, where you can track the package online. Now that is sweet. Will let you know how long it takes to get to here.

kevsta
      Participant

I was a bit concerned when I entered my details on there web site where the postcode is in the zip code section, which doesn’t get displayed in the shipping details if you choose Australia as the country.

I called up the Australia post about this, and they said it will still be delivered, without the post code, as long as the suburb name and state are on it. (but it could be a few days late).

When I received my package, it did have the post code on it, so I guess it doesn’t matter.

Go you AUD$…go..

K.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks for the update kevsta, you had me worried there for a second. Will let everyone know when the goods arrive.

TallduDe
      Participant

hey all

well i ordered twice from toyeast, first time i got my package in 5 days!! i was really happy about that.

but then when i ordered off them for a second time the package never came, appearently it was sent to the wrong address????? then shipped back to where it came from.

i asked for them to send it to me again and they did it for me at no extra charge!

so they are good. :smiley2:

ph2t
      Participant

Just got my package today. So that was a 7 day turnaround. Not bad I gotta say. Similar packages from the US have taken up to 9 days….

Now to find some AA batteries……:approve:

ph2t.

Cranga
      Participant

ph2t,

can you just use a regular visa card to pay for orders?

ph2t
      Participant

Yup. They have several payment options…

micro_Amps
      Participant

Hey Ph2t, what was in the package???

Impreza
      Participant

Mine arrived in Canada friday (very fast). Although I will not have my hands on the package till next week. Can’t wait. Will post pics of what I got when I get some of the pieces together:)

Edited by – Impreza on 26 May 2003 17:01:41

ph2t
      Participant

Micro, got me a Lxx booster(57mhz), a 3.8 and two tire sets(non coloured).

Depending on the Lxx quality I was gonna put the pcb in my MS RX-7 27Mhz chassis. I just wanted to get a booster. Was thinking of doing a proper dual cell for once.

And of course there is the package you dropped off for me today! :approve:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeh, I’d be interested to know how you found the quality of the LXX compared to the Tomy.
      Particularly the steering which is where the clones usually fail badly.

kevsta
      Participant

I bought an Lxx Booster as well – one of those special Lxx Type R packages they have that included 2 shells, a heat sink and an extra motor for around $12 US.

The shells are pretty good in my opinion and compare very well to the tomys. I’d definitely buy another Lxx Body.

The steering – not so good, strays left after going straight for a couple of metres – this is with the steering adjuster adjusted all the way.

The car was extremely noisy. The pinion gears didn’t fit too well.

The motor that came with it seemed to have a problem. In non boost mode, the car would barely move at a snails pace. Reverse seemed to have more power than going forward.

In the Tx controller, the recharge platform cover doesn’t open wide enough for you to put a finger between the cover and the car when charging. Also, the the plastic cap on top of the antenna doesn’t sit flush with the top of the controller when fully retracted.

I changed the axles, pinion gears, motor to a 3.8 last night, and it goes really well now. In non boost mode like a 2.2. In boost mode, it flipped over on cornering. Also, it’s a lot quiter now.

I think it also goes straight now for some reason, but will need to give it a good run tonight.

Cheers.
      K.:)

Impreza
      Participant

Just picked up my toyeast shipment. Everything there safe and sound:) They even thru in a second set of stickers:shock:. Will post pics of some of the new stuff I got in the members galleries tommorow. All in all very pleased with the time it took to arrive and the way they packed the shipment.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.