Other interests

Home Forums General Chat Other interests

Viewing 72 reply threads
  • Author
      Matt005
      Participant

I’m just wondering what other interests or hobbies you guys enjoy doing or would like to get into doing. I enjoy playing console/computer games and watching anime (if you could call those things hobbies maybe interests) oh well some things that i am interested in doing are go kart riding or buying a dune buggy, i’ve always been fascinated by those, paintball and airsoft except bb guns arent legal in Australia, oh well. What about you guys.

barto_85
      Participant

I also enjoy playing computer games, and I am building a model train set. Its going to be big, theres a whole room in my house dedicated to it, but its very costly so its just travelling slow at the moment.

jazza_1984
      Participant

im into sports especially athletics and footy, and i love ET pulsars 😀 about to buy one, ($10000) :D:D cant wait

barto_85
      Participant

yeah im into sports as well, but stopped playing rugby Union and AFL at the end of last year. My friend just recently bought an ET pulsar for $10,000 too. It’s very fast. I also play the drums in a few bands up here in brissie.

Admin
      Participant

also into sports, i play basketball every week and train (kung-fu) bout twice a week too. love console and computer games too, watch anime when i can, but most of all i love to draw! 😀

jazza_1984
      Participant

what colour is your friends ET??

barto_85
      Participant

dark green

KingRX7
      Participant

i like to play video games like DAoC and Warcraft3 when im not r/cin and i like to build maps for warcraft3 with my cousins and i like to play hide and go seek in the dark:D

ph2t
      Participant

I like music, especially old blues and jazz and 60’s funk. I play the piano and guitar as well. I live on computers, am a nerd to the n’th extreme. I also like to antagonise users on verious forums, lol….

trash
      Participant

I have to assume that I’m the old fart here at
      33. I never grew up, I just finished school, got a job and thus more money to buy more cool shit.
      He who dies with the most toys wins 🙂
      I work in the Eletronics/Satellite Comms industry.
      It tends to reflect in hobbies, like electronics and Ham Radio. Sports have to involve huge amounts of adrenalin else I find them boring.
      Hang Gliding, Skiing, Diving, Hunting etc etc.
      If you have to chase a ball, it’s not sport, it’s a dog’s game. 🙂

The Laws vary from state to state, you may find BB guns are legal in other states. Generally any gun isn’t a toy, even BB guns. Join a gun club and
      learn how to handle them properly. If you’re over
      18, you can apply for a licence and have them legally.

barto_85
      Participant

haha, ph2t is a nerd.

ph2t
      Participant

your the one with the faggy avatar!

KingRX7
      Participant

isnt that from southpark?

barto_85
      Participant

i’ll smash you ph2t. yeah its probably from southpark, looks like someone from that.

KingRX7
      Participant

do u guys get southpark in australia my family has land in the real southpark colorado that place is like nothing but dirt hehehe

barto_85
      Participant

yeah we get southpark here, only half an hour a week though.

Shypo
      Participant

I think i speak for all the males on here in the interests factor..

Women…Thats an interest of mine, also wasting money on alot of stuff }:)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      im into sports especially athletics and footy, and i love ET pulsars 😀 about to buy one, ($10000) :D:D cant wait

What?? You aren’t getting a 300ZX Twin Turbo anymore??? :dead::dead::dead:

Shypo
      Participant

Oh yeah Cars… now thats an interest of mine..

MMM can you say 180sx 2.0L Turbo 😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

My interests are….:

-Chicks
      -Chicks
      -BCG
      -Mini Z
      -Jap cars
      -Chicks
      -Mountain Biking
      -Tuning
      -Drinking
      -Tuning when im pissed
      -Motor Racing
      -Parties (atleast once/twice a week)
      -Teasing Bogans
      -Spending money
      -Working out at the gym

Theres a few more things i don’t think appropriate to list…

Shypo
      Participant

its an Under 18 sight. I cant post anything I like 👿

Matt005
      Participant

mmm gotta love the chicks

Admin
      Participant

oh yeah hot chicks and hot cars! what a combo!

ph2t
      Participant

If you all love chicks then what are you doing hanging around on these bloody boards you loosers! :p

trash
      Participant

Hehehe …. I like you guys, you remind me of what it was to be young and stupid. Wish I was 16 again with what I know now. 🙂
      Women are social creatures, they need attention,
      deprive them of that and they come crawling.
      Sad thing is that teenage male’s basic thoughts are easily overidden with the sheer amount of hormones their bodies produce.
      Chicks are hard wired into your brains you poor fools, the desire for machinary and technology is acquired !
      It is an artform ! 🙂

barto_85
      Participant

yeah sure, like you were ever 16. btw, ph2t doesn’t like girls.

trash
      Participant

heheh …. you’re cursed now … tomorrow you will wake up and you’ll be 30, and wonder what happened to the last decade ?
      1990 feels just like yesterday to me.

But you’re only as young as feel… bring on the RC toys.. YEAH !!!

KingRX7
      Participant

yah when your younger you wish you were older so u could drink,drive (hopefully not at the same time) and then when u get older you wish you were younger kind of like how when your a baby you have a few teeth or none and very little hair which is the same as when your an old man

VR-4
      Participant

am i the first person ta say GIRLS. somthing just isent right here

Shypo
      Participant

Vr-4: dude thats just what i pointe dout and evry1 agreed

z-beam
      Participant

girls are nice to talk to….
      women are good to look at…
      but ho’s are where the fun starts, like r/c easy to turn on, play with and leave behind when more important stuff comes your way..

alchaholic beverages are a part of my weekly schedule: coopers vintage, fine reds, JD , and absynth if i feel really inspired.

all types of crystals and gemstones. (the ultimate investment potential as they are slowly all becoming scarcer in the world.and some of them are totally awesome to look at.)

ps2: wipeout fusion IS the fastest racer on the planet, and requires way more focus than many can muster. the armoured core series and timesplitters2.

music: paul macs old outfit “itchy & scratchy”, pantera, extreme black metal. my mates band irrelavent just to name a few..

and of course art. i love to paint canvas,models, citadel minatures and paper…

jazza_1984
      Participant

yeah jamie not getting a 300ZX any more i like the looks of this better. ill give you a look when i get it, about 3 weeks time. its mad!!

trash
      Participant

hahaha …. Z-beam.
      Girls are nice to talk to ? Enjoy it while it you’re hormones last. 10 years from now, you’ll wish they’d shut up ! 🙂
      Women are nice to look at. Ah, well ya never lose
      that one. Unfortunately … as you get older…
      they definately don’t want to look at us.
      Problem is, you get older, the women you want to look at don’t. Oh, it’s a cruel world !!
      They’re a bit like fire … look nice, but can burn you if you don’t handle it right.
      Try telling a woman that you have to put more
      than petrol into a car. Water and oil etc.
      Errrrrrrrrr.

Barrelll
      Participant

ETs RULE!!!! I have one being bodykitted and resprayed as we speak = ) Love em!

TallduDe
      Participant

Well my interets are…..

cars, particular hotted up ones
      motor racing, anything with a motor ill watch it race
      BCG’s
      my track im making
      chicks, any good looking ones ill watch :p
      music

i really hate work but have to pay the bills somehow.

btw ET’s are ok ill prefer rwd turbos thats why im saving up for a 200sx s14, then hopefully ill race that thing!!!!!

jazza_1984
      Participant

yeah but you gotta love the good old australian ET 😉

dgs73
      Participant

not the only old fella, Trash. Refusal to grow up here, too. Hooked on console gaming (bring on FFXI!!!!!), into motor sports (prefer V8s), avid blader once (and soon once again!!).
      You guys are all fem obsessed, most of you have’nt been burned badly enough, I guess…;-) “damaged goods”
      z-beam – yes, it is quick, but i still think Wipeout2097 had the best sense of (stonach churning) speed, especially in the Phirana at Phantom speed. And TIMESPLITTERS 2 rocks HARD!!! 4 way deathmatch, anyone??
      I must be the only person here that enjoys, nay LOVES his work. Gotta say, signage be lots of fun. Allows me to make tracks etc. here.
      Jamie – lay off bogans, bud!! Some of us cant help who we are!!!!!

trash
      Participant

Do a job you love and you’ll never work a day in your life.
      Well, I like my job, and I do stuff I like,
      they pay me to travel overseas. (I’m currently in East Timor working with the army) So I guess I can’t complain too much 🙂 Get to play with satellites and electronics, and occasionally some
      of the army’s bigger toys.

dgs73, you must be a child of the 90’s ? Blades ?
      Skates are much more funky !!!
      I saw a mini-Z a few weeks ago, special edition
      “Mad Max Interceptor” … the temptation was great but I couldn’t justify $250 for it.

The 70’s were cool ! no internet, CD players, no
      VCR’s, no colour TV and people were affraid microwave ovens posed a radiation risk. Be nice to visit the 70’s again, but you wouldn’t want to live there ! 🙂

I heard on the radio the other day DJ’s paying $20 for vinyl records to put on their turntables.
      … if you think a turntable is a musical instrument, you deserve to pay $20 for vinyl !
      Even drummers are shunning DJ’s as tallentless loosers !

dgs73
      Participant

Born in ’73, got my first blades in 1987, a while before they were big here… someone who saw em not long after i got them thought they were a form of grass skis… you mean roller skates?? Got a pair of Jetboots w/ Zenith wheels floating around somewhere… and about 15 sets of broken jump plates… Mad speedskates, but old as now…

VR-4
      Participant

im into lotus’s and yes i will own 1 befor i die i may need to morgage my house and sell everything but i will have 1 befor i die

trash
      Participant

hahah, I honestly didn’t think many people would remember the first rollerblades. I remember seeing them in Carlingford rink back in 86.
      They were way to weird for me back then. These days bladers wipe roller skater’s arses all over the floor. (young punks !). I’ve broken too many bones already, blades are just another excuse for me to break more. 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

would still be blading now if I had’nt shattered my knee in ’94… had to give up the speed skating (ice) and blading. Still have hassles to this day.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

LOL u guys are old.

DGS: WTF about the bogan thing? I is lost.

trash
      Participant

Bogan. Def:
      1>Australian Moth
      2>Australian (western genus) Often seen on beaches wearing jeans and in extreem cases moccasin’s. Never approaches the water under any
      cercumstances.
      (for east coast genus – see “westie”)

trash
      Participant

did I type that ??
      geee I really need to re-check my spelling typo’s

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, stop typing trash, haha get it? I know it wasn’t funny.

ph2t
      Participant

*slap*

good one…..

:p

dgs73
      Participant

mucking about, Jamie… though north shore types would class me as a westie, even though i’m only 30 mins. away from beaches… i’m in central Sydney, not west!!
      and not old, experienced. LOL

trash
      Participant

yeah, and vinegar is just “matured” wine !!

DaveF
      Participant

I play drums in a few bands, have about $16k worth of drums, which I’ll never earn back through the music industry in Hobart, and to be honest, I’m not some ledgend player, I just spend money on my passions.

I do photography. Mostly B+W arty stuff, but have shot a few weddings for friends, family shots, etc. I come from a long line of photographers.

I work with computers, which means once I’m out of the office I don’t want to know if your mouse is frozen, you can’t get the internet, or your microsoft is broken, so now I tell people I meet I’m a drummer/photographer.

I haven’t ridden my Mountain Bike for a while, but hopefully will get in some downhill runs with summer comming up.

Yeah… that’ll do.

barto_85
      Participant

you sound very similar to me dave, just a few minor changes. I play the drums in a few bands, I used to race BMX. I’m working on my train set, i’ll try get some pics up of that soon. I also spend lots of money on my passions.

trash
      Participant

I’m supprised anything happens in slowbart ?
      spend money on pashions… damn good philosiphy!
      I could never play one drum let alone a whole set of them !

time to start a new thread …
      “who’s your daddy and what’s he do ?” – Arnie

DaveF
      Participant

Not much does happen in Slowbart.

Drums are great. Once you’re into it, it’s all you want to do. I could happily live and breathe it, if there was the money in it for me.

Well, my dads bigger than your dad. =o)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Dave what sort of bike do you have??

Shypo
      Participant

Z-beam Itchee and Scratchee rock man, GT-ahh burnt me the cd “it isnt what it isnt” and its old school acid techno at its best:D

DaveF
      Participant

Front shocks MTB. Scorpion frame, Middle of the range Shimano gear all over. Nothing flash. You?

I’d love a full on downhill bike, XT gear all over, disk brakes, dual suspension, etc… but I’m a crappy rider, so I don’t deserve it. =o)

Shypo
      Participant

I wish I stole road emy bike.. it sits in the garage.
      Specialized Hemi Pro in silver. Monocoque frame. 3 peice Profile crank, 4 peice handle bars. tektro rear brake. front brake removerd. spanky specialized tires..

I really need to ride that bikeblackeye:

z-beam
      Participant

dgs73: did you get your hands on wipeout 3 special edition? that was f#@!ng awesome on the 108cm rear projection…. as is ‘splitters2.

i love my new treadly(push bike) i found a kids mongoose moutain bike with shox that is a perfect bmx!!!

trash: i may only be 21 but i give the 30+ women a run for their money,’spose passing for 26 since i was 14 has something to do with the xp.
      tell us about the hardware you use!(me love military goods)

dgs73
      Participant

z-beam: oh yeah, prefered it to Wip3out as it had some of the tracks from 1 and 2097 in high resolution. Didnt get to play it on rear projection tho, that’d be awesome.

trash
      Participant

I don’t work for the army, just with them. but occasionally they let me play with their toys.
      They only have APC’s on the ground here and occasionally I might get a ride in a blackhawk.
      Used to fly around in a Mil-26 and Mil-8 a lot.
      (russian helicopters). weapons wise it’s a bit boring, just styer’s and 9mm brownings.
      One rare occasions an MP6 or M60 turn up.

KingRX7
      Participant

FF7 owns all

dgs73
      Participant

you talking about the FF7 I think you are, KingRX7? Best of the series, that one. Tho Final Fantasy X came close in some ways…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      Front shocks MTB. Scorpion frame, Middle of the range Shimano gear all over. Nothing flash. You?

I’d love a full on downhill bike, XT gear all over, disk brakes, dual suspension, etc… but I’m a crappy rider, so I don’t deserve it. =o)

I have a Giant ATX 900 Pro, Its got Manitou Spyder forks, Shimano STX-RC/Deore LX components, RST 56 Rear shock, Amoeba DH bars, Azonic stem, TIOGA factory DH tyres, THE front mudguard, Velocity deep V rim, Giant/Velo VL3044 saddle (took me 2 months to track one down), OURY grips.

KingRX7
      Participant

argh i hated ffx i would just like to see tidus get killed because i hate that guy but it did have good graphics:)

z-beam
      Participant

shypo: i cant beleive paul mac gave up the good stuff to do the solo thing, and giving up on andy ransom for crap like silvertchair’s neon ballroom…. wouldn’t mind a copy of that cd man, in fact i’d love a burn!!!

trash: apc’s are still cool but the stuyer is definatly a boring p.o.s. Imagine a plastic gun, what the hell where they thinking?
      m60’s are the sh!t!!!!!!

z-beam
      Participant
      trash
      Participant

Pretty cool stuff.
      Got to love that trailer 🙂

trash
      Participant

z-beam
      just realised there is one on the floor behind me.
      took a quick snap of it with the camera.

http://members.ausmicro.com/trash/tn_14.jpg

z-beam
      Participant

what hell hole you stuck in? wish the adf would leave one lying around in my office, it’d come real handy with bad debtors!!!!

trash
      Participant

East Timor
      Beaches are ok, the fishing is good (in the wet season) the diving is great, other than that the place sucks. But I get paid for being here, so I can’t complain too much 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

Z-beam: I know man, I’ll send you a copy, Pm me your addy

Admin
      Participant

i enjoy playing computer/console games such as Warcraft 3 and counter-strike. I am starting to collect Warhammer 40k. And there are others but i cant think of them right now

peedee
      Participant

my other interests are watchin dvds on our pioneer home theatre system thats pretty sweet and collecting warhammer 40k with some mates, i also play online pc games like counterstrike and day of defeat

Viewing 72 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.