Question about 150mah battery

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ykev
      Participant

I want to verify with all the experienced B-char owners. Someone say the easiest mod is to upgrade the cell. Let say 150 NiMH cells, 90 seconds (2 consecutive charges) for 20 minute runtime, and 135-180 seconds (3-4 consecutive charges) for a 25-30 minute runtime.

Is that true? I tried the 120mah and 150mah. None of them have the above performanc. Only the first time, after installing the brand new battery without charging, they already have the run time for about 20-25minute. But not after the battery drained down and charge by ourself as explained above.

My finding is, it runs for about 10-13 min for a 3 or 4 consecutive charges. I think my original cell can also provide this runtime after charging for a long time.

Can anyone share with me what you got after upgrading the cell?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I dunno bout the nimh cells, but using a separate charger to charge the stock nicad battery gives 20-25 mins runtime.

Charging the chassis with the controller charger will only ‘zap’ a bit of power into the battery, it will not even come near to fully charging the battery.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

ykev
      Participant

Did you just use the original nicad battery came with the car? If so, how long did you charge the cell with a separate charger to get the 20-25 runtime everytime?

Shypo
      Participant

ykev can u please post this sort of thing in the technicalk section in the future:)

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

how are the batteries in the charger ? pretty new ? you might want to think about a stand alone cahrger to get the full charge in the nimhs

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I set up an LM317 current regulator to provide 220mAh current to charge the cell. Charged it in about 20 mins. Sounds a long time but you when ur doing something else it doesnt seem long.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And yes, it was with the standard battery

DaveF
      Participant

Talk with battery professionals like Battery World. Tell them the size of the battery you have, and ask them what the recommended charge and time is for a quick full charge.

????????????????????????
      DaveF! 👿
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And they will say………15mAh for 5 hours……the stock battery is a SANYO N50AAA cell. The fastest you could FULLY charge the battery without over heating it is about 15 minutes.

Barrelll
      Participant

so what do you guys think about using a stand alone charger with 4AA’s in them ? That would 6v of charge going to battery, how long do you reckon for the 150mah ?

and how long for the dual cell nimh ?

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

GT-ahh
      Participant

well i charge my dual-cell nicd with 4 AAs for 90-120 sec and it runs for about 7mins i think

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/
      custom shells, mods and tips

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.