Race Day **** POSTPONED ****

Home Forums General Chat Race Day **** POSTPONED ****

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Yes folks that’s right, thanks to the support of Trading Direct there will be a Racy Day for Bit Char-G and Mini-Z class vehicles held at the Springwood Civic Centre in Springwood NSW Australia!

This will be the first chance for the Sydney based members (and any coming from Interstate) to meet up with the founders of ausmicro.com and participate in some fun racing at a great venue.

The action starts at 10am Saturday the 21st of June and we’re planning to run for a good solid three hours. So bring your cars, your batteries and your ausmicro.com T-Shirt and be part of this great event!

More details will be posted in the days and weeks leading up to the event!

Edited by – Aaron on 17 May 2003 22:57:32

Edited by – Aaron on 19 June 2003 16:25:56

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

Aaron et al. Hope the event is a huge success. Just make sure you take lots of pics for your out of country members:blush:

z-beam
      Participant

allright! a championship! finally a chance to use all my hours of trackwork experience!

my racing chassis is on 45mhz.

:pwill the superchar-g’s be out by then?:p

Keymaster

We’re still nutting out the how’s of the racing – for Mini-Z it’s easy with the swappable xtals… For Bits there may be races with timing so that people on the same frequency with their competition cars can still get a guage on each others abilities!

The most important thing is the venue is Booked and time set!

See you all there!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Any one else wanna share the driving from Melbourne :smiley2:
      :dead:uA

ph2t
      Participant

I’d like to share the drive with you micro but I got a house warming party that night.

Aaron, what’s the chance of getting a similar setup in Melbourne(with trading direct)? With enough preparation I’m sure we could get a good group together down south.

ph2t.

ms char-ged
      Participant

how far is springwood from the cbd?

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Any one else wanna share the driving from Melbourne :smiley2:
      :dead:uA

The way petrol prices are, might be cheaper catching a bird.
      You have 1 wk left to book… for the 21-day advance purchase discounts.

Shypo
      Participant

gonna be a sweet as day

Shypo
      Participant

springwood is out near the base of the blue mountains.. about 1hr and 25mins from the Cbd my guess is, and thats by car

Im racing on any of my chassis.. prolly gonna be a 27mhz tho cos My bus will dominate!!!:evil:

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      The way petrol prices are, might be cheaper catching a bird.

I still prefer to drive, its not that long a drive, I do it a couple of times a year.
      If you fly up, you still have to hire a car when you get there and that can get expensive.

I am actually half serious about this. If there are a few people interested in trekking north from Melb (or even being picked up from somewhere along the way) I’d be interested in driving and sharing the costs.
      It would be good to meet a few of the names we see so often in these pages, and do some organised racing. Send me a PM if you think you might be interested.
      :)uA

P.S. I’ll be at Camden and Mulgoa again in two weeks time.
      Springwood is just west of Penrith.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 19 May 2003 20:44:07

Shypo
      Participant

be good to have a full on interstae and certain suburb/area team races etc

Myself and Gt-ahh representin da East coast y0
      lol

Keymaster

*laughs* I understand the Kitty is coming – as well as myself – that makes an ACT based contingent 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

murph
      Participant

I’ll be there……

Can’t wait to run my Z’s around a track.

GT-ahh
      Participant

last night i went out to near springwood to flog some wheels. My guess is its slightly over 1hr from the cbd, with good traffic. anyone gonna be driving from the city? maybe we could car pool.
      does anyone have an epoch? and are they bringing it?

Keymaster

I hope that people will bring any and everyone variety of Mini and Micro R/C they have 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Shypo
      Participant

yep, a Z, a digi Q and bits 4 me

GT-ahh
      Participant

do you guys need help setting up? Me and shypes could probably come early if needed….

micro_Amps
      Participant

If I do come along, I will bring the family…..,
      The Keyence Mad Tune,
      The Puchi Maru,
      The Tomy Die Cast Altezza,
      and many, many Bits.
      Not sure yet tho, it would be good to have some company.
      :)uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 20 May 2003 19:45:06

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

So Aaron, car pooling?

When is it again?

How early do we gotta leave?

*yawns*

getting tired just thinking about it!

Maybe I won’t race, I will officiate in some officious way….

Shypo
      Participant

Micro: How does that Altezza handle?
      Gt-ahh has got me thinking about an Epoch lol

GT-ahh
      Participant

ok im gonna be placing an order for IRF7389 FETs, anyone who is going to the race day I can supply at $3 each for 8 and under, and $2.50 each for 10+

only problem is i need to get an order of 50 minimum all up or I wont do the go ahead…
      so PM me as soon as possible with the amount you want.

NOTE: If you are interested and will not be attending the race day (for those in other states), I may be able to supply depending on how many preorders I get for race day. So PM and I’ll keep you updated.

Edited by – GT-ahh on 20 May 2003 22:15:33

z-beam
      Participant

Aaron can u sort out classes b4 the day?
      none of this dual/triple cell shite!!!!!

we need a standard bcg race, that means tomy hop ups only!!!

lets do an open class as well so that others can show off the beasties too!!

let the comp be real, not a mod comp!:smiley2:

in other words, fair play and real racing classes!

i dont mind entry fees if it means prizes(i.e a trophy:shock: for each class)

please take this oppurtunity seriously!!! we are the pros of oz remember, lets show the world how much style we have:evil::evil::evil:

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah I would like to know about Z classes aswell

Admin
      Participant

hello there everyone..

I have been a long time reader of this forum and looking forward to join u all at springwood.

Dom:D

Impreza
      Participant

Hey domi8a. Glad to see you on the forums:)

Aaron, I know you prbly have all this sorted out but have you thought about having a time attack challenge on one of the tracks that you will have set up? Say fastest 5 laps, with a bit or mini that you provide (ie your set-up). That way we can see who the most skilled operator/driver in Aus is:). I would suggest using a stock bit with an antenna range mod, that way nbdy will/can blame the way you set up the car if all dosen’t go well for them:(. Maybe even give them 3 warm-up laps as well, so they can get used to the car/track?? Just a thought, but I would love to see who the best of the best is:) I think you should post pics of all the cat. winners as well.

Edited by – Impreza on 03 June 2003 15:34:20

Keymaster

Derek and Steve are scoping the venue this long weekend, We’ll then work out race plans and the like.

I may (repeat may) be bringing along a “DingoTimer” if it comes together in time so we could have fully computer managed scoring/lap timing etc. Ofcourse the “DingoTimer” is still being developed for it’s original use and we haven’t seent he start of R/C development yet.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Shypo
      Participant

its getting closer 2 domination time:evil:

GT-ahh
      Participant

might I be so bold as to request that there is an unlimited class….otherwise I wont be able to race….

Admin
      Participant

hi all,
      Good to see we’re all gettin’ excited. What time does it start? What street do we need to find?
      If ya need help just holla, Springwood nice & close I can be there early. No word on other local racers yet. 1 of our guys needs the hub for rear wheel on mini-z F1 can any one help?
      I will bring Z’s, ghar-g & auldey tin cars.
      Look forward to seein ya’s:D

Admin
      Participant

hi all,
      Good to see we’re all gettin’ excited. What time does it start? What street do we need to find?
      If ya need help just holla, Springwood nice & close I can be there early. No word on other local racers yet. 1 of our guys needs the hub for rear wheel on mini-z F1 can any one help?
      I will bring Z’s, ghar-g & auldey tin cars.
      Look forward to seein ya’s:D

GT-ahh
      Participant

can you please list the regulations aaron, i dont want to turn up and not be able to race….

GT-ahh
      Participant

can you please list the regulations aaron, i dont want to turn up and not be able to race….

Shypo
      Participant

yeah we need rules man, i wanna know how many cars I can enter lmao

Shypo
      Participant

yeah we need rules man, i wanna know how many cars I can enter lmao

Keymaster

Sorry – I’ve been snowed under between moving and work 🙁

My next post will have the basic rules so you all can feed back and any refinements and clarificatiosn made.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

I have just made a post in the Roll Call thread too about Help Needed for setting up on the day.

If anyone is able to help out, it would be greatly appreciated…… unfortunately, getting this Kitty out of bed and ready to leave Canberra at 5.30am on Saturday morning just to be there on time (10am) is going to be a physical challenge for me!

I want to be semi-functional on the actual race day, so getting up at 4.30am so I can help setup for an hour or so… well lets just say you got two chances and neither of them are good….
      :smiley2:

So if any of you can help Derek and Steve set up, that would be terrific!

Thanks fella’s!

Keymaster

Racing will be split into Two DIVISIONS based on the size/scale of the vehicle.

Each of these DIVISIONS will be then split into CLASSES that allow for fairer racing, and fun for all. There will be two novelty type events as well.

DIVISION ONE: Mini-Scale
      This Division is for cars that fall around the 1/32 to 1/18th scale ranges and encompasses: Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho Palm Runner, Various “Tin Can” cars, Mini-X cars and sundry vechicles in that size range. The Division is targeted at the Mini-Z and Mini-X cars directly. HPI Micro RS4 are not eligible.

DIVISION ONE: STOCK CLASS

[*]All ‘out-of’box’ equipped vehicles that meet the DIVISION rules[*]No electronic or performance enhancing modifications[*]No changes to driveline components (Ball Diffs etc)[*]Repair components (Servo gears, king pins and STOCK type steering knuckles for example) permitted[*]Non-Stock appearing components that do not affect vehicle design (Shell, Chassis etc) must be made of the same type of material a s the original and NOT be installed to improve vehicle performance[*]Tyres are not restricted but must be fitted to stock wheels that shipped with the chassis.[*]Cars can be converted between races to enter in multiple classes[/list]

DIVISION ONE: MODIFIED CLASS

[*]Suspension improvements while maintaining original design features are permitted[*]Speed control electronics, Motor and related control circutry must be stock[*]Driveline components are open to modification but must function in a ‘bolt-on’ manner[*]Wheels and tyres are open[*]Cars can be converted between races to enter in multiple classes[*]This is a class designed for “bolt-on” type modifications and entrants should remain within the spirit of these rules[/list]

DIVISION ONE: UNLIMITED CLASS

[*]Motors electronics and control circutry are open. [*]Additional batteries may be installed[*]All performance enhancing modifications are permitted including extensive weight reduction to Chassis and shells[*]This class has been defined to attract cars that would not be easily converted back down to a stock or modified stock form. Before an entrant in this class can be entered in any of the lower classes it must be reviewed by the Race Director.[/list]

DIVISION ONE: NOTES
        There will be a Prize offered by Trading Direct for the Winner in each Class. The Judges decision is final.

Races in this Division will be for a 10 minute duration with the winner being the entrant who has completed the greatest number of laps in that time.

Drivers seen to be obstructing other racers through continual crashes or dangerous driving may be cautioned.

Races are scheduled to Fit in alloted times. If you don’t make the start of your race you can either enter late or sit it out and hope to get a slot in the next race.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Racing will be split into Two DIVISIONS based on the size/scale of the vehicle.

Each of these DIVISIONS will be then split into CLASSES that allow for fairer racing, and fun for all. There will be two novelty type events as well.

DIVISION ONE: Mini-Scale
      This Division is for cars that fall around the 1/32 to 1/18th scale ranges and encompasses: Kyosho Mini-Z, Kyosho Palm Runner, Various “Tin Can” cars, Mini-X cars and sundry vechicles in that size range. The Division is targeted at the Mini-Z and Mini-X cars directly. HPI Micro RS4 are not eligible.

DIVISION ONE: STOCK CLASS

[*]All ‘out-of’box’ equipped vehicles that meet the DIVISION rules[*]No electronic or performance enhancing modifications[*]No changes to driveline components (Ball Diffs etc)[*]Repair components (Servo gears, king pins and STOCK type steering knuckles for example) permitted[*]Non-Stock appearing components that do not affect vehicle design (Shell, Chassis etc) must be made of the same type of material a s the original and NOT be installed to improve vehicle performance[*]Tyres are not restricted but must be fitted to stock wheels that shipped with the chassis.[*]Cars can be converted between races to enter in multiple classes[/list]

DIVISION ONE: MODIFIED CLASS

[*]Suspension improvements while maintaining original design features are permitted[*]Speed control electronics, Motor and related control circutry must be stock[*]Driveline components are open to modification but must function in a ‘bolt-on’ manner[*]Wheels and tyres are open[*]Cars can be converted between races to enter in multiple classes[*]This is a class designed for “bolt-on” type modifications and entrants should remain within the spirit of these rules[/list]

DIVISION ONE: UNLIMITED CLASS

[*]Motors electronics and control circutry are open. [*]Additional batteries may be installed[*]All performance enhancing modifications are permitted including extensive weight reduction to Chassis and shells[*]This class has been defined to attract cars that would not be easily converted back down to a stock or modified stock form. Before an entrant in this class can be entered in any of the lower classes it must be reviewed by the Race Director.[/list]

DIVISION ONE: NOTES
        There will be a Prize offered by Trading Direct for the Winner in each Class. The Judges decision is final.

Races in this Division will be for a 10 minute duration with the winner being the entrant who has completed the greatest number of laps in that time.

Drivers seen to be obstructing other racers through continual crashes or dangerous driving may be cautioned.

Races are scheduled to Fit in alloted times. If you don’t make the start of your race you can either enter late or sit it out and hope to get a slot in the next race.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

DIVISION TWO: Micro-Scale
      This DIVISION is open to all cars sold as Micro-R/C vehicles. Typically we class these as smaller than 1/64th scale havever scales can be deceptive at this size. The class is targeted at Tomy Bit Char-G and Char-G clones, Zip-Zap style cars and similar derivitives.

As these cars have a short and ‘variable’ run time we are setting the races with a fixed maximum time of 3 minutes, with the most laps/distance completed by a running entrant being the wiiner. ie if all entrants fail to run the full 3 minutes the longest running (in distance) entrant will be declared the winner. This includes partial laps completed.

Becuase we can only race a small number of frequencies concurrently you may be asked to change shells/chassis to accomodate efficient race planning and easy scoring. A driver may only enter each Class once.

DIVISION TWO: STOCK CLASS

[*]Stock cars and shells with no weight reduction[*]Suspension modificatiosn restricted to Tomy Original front suspension.[*]Gearsets restricted to your choice of original gearing (from the Tomy Set)[*]Motors are restricted to the fastest available motor sold in a kit – For Bit-Char-G and clones this is the Orange Bell 2.6 – for other clones their stock 3.0 motors are eligible[*]Two speed “Booster” cars are eligible but must be stock in fucntion with no controller modificatiosn to force the booster on unless a Tomy 4-channel booster controller is used[*]Antenna mods are permitted to improve range[/list]

DIVISION TWO: MODIFIED CLASS

[*]This class is for single Cell modified cars with electronic modifications permitted[*]Motors may be any type[*]Gearsets are restricted to the original gears or Tomy hop-up sets gears[*]Chassis and shells may be lightened[/list]

DIVISION TWO: UNLIMITED CLASS

[*]This class allows all modifications[/list]

DIVISION TWO: NOTES
        There will be a winners prize in each class supplied by Trading Direct.

It is far more difficult to assess modifications in this class so we ask that entrants are honest and race within the spirit of the classes. If any car is performing well above the expectation for the Class the driver/owner will be asked to explain the cars performance and the outcome may see the car moved into a higher Class.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Shypo
      Participant

Can i enter 2 different wheelbases in the Mini Z section in the first 2 classes?

Keymaster

Ahh – is it still the same car? Actually we’re probably going to have to draw a line at one race per driver in each class.

Oh I forgot to mention, Ball Bearings are allowed in all DIVISION ONE classes. We have been asked to reconsider ball diferentials for the stock class but I think that’s stepping a litte too far from ‘stock’.

As it so happens my cars don’t qualify for the stock class either due to the extensive suspension mods. That’s if I get a chance to race them.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Idlove to come,but i need a lift from launceston.

Keymaster

I’m sorry to say that the RaceDay scheduled for the 21st of June 2003 at Springwood NSW has had to be Postponed.

Why?
      Well Derek and I have been struggling with some issues relating to the venue and its preparation for the big event.

It’s become very clear to us that as the big day has gotten closer and closer these problems would have lead to the Race Day simply not living up the high standards that we would like for our ausmicro.com members.

So instead of having people travelling for hours and having a sub-standard experience we’ve decided to POSTPONE the meet until we know everything will fall correctly into place.

So the Prizes, The planning, and all the little things we’ve worked out for the event will be held onto until we re-schedule!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Admin
      Participant

Bugga, now i gotta discharge all my batteries.
      Let me know if I can help out with anything. Steve has my addy. 99% sure I can get a laptop with a race management program (Alycat), we use it for our 1/10th racing & friday night z’s.
      I sympathise with your position & thought I’d let ya know I’m ready to race wherever & whenever. Just a shame it’s not tomorrow:sad:

Shypo
      Participant

Aaron: yeah its the same basic car but i would be using a different wheelbase..

Just checking for the future..

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Race Day **** POSTPONED ****’ is closed to new replies.