murph
      Participant

I’ll be there…..

GT-ahh
      Participant

present (puts hand up)

dgs73
      Participant

me and a mate of mine will be there… Western Sydney represent!!! (makes gay homie hand gesture and crosses arms in waiting):approve:

dgs73
      Participant

you checked out

dgs73
      Participant

that was meant to read have you checked out Meadowbank yet Murph.

Keymaster

I’ll be there – Derek will be there – Steve from Trading Direct probably wqon’t be unfortunately but he will be sending Derek and I with a bag of toys and parts at discounted prices!

Kitty is car pooling with me from Canberra I belive so it’s looking like a good turnout!

--
      Site Owner Guy.

murph
      Participant

dgs

Not yet been pretty busy with work haven’t had many weekends off lately.

Shypo
      Participant

thats 8 so far… looks like we might be having a good day

Keymaster

It should be a successful day – at the very least it will be a great meet-and-greet session and we should all have a good deal of fun!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Shypo
      Participant

yeah shall be good to put names to faces.. see the people i talk to day in day out

Keymaster

*laughs* And now that I’ve got a nice fat ADSL pipe running into the ausmicro.com HQ down here in Canberra I’ll be posting more as well 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

M_Coupe
      Participant

I wish I could go, but Australia is a HUGE drive from Florida, USA. Plus I don’t know how well my car would hold up through the oceans.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i wish i could go to but i doubt my neon would make it through the oceans either as M coupe said, and at the moment i just dont have enough $$$ for that kind of deal. But i expect a lot of pictures for our global friends here who cant make it… and a lot means around 50 or so. Every moment should be captured!!! so have a good time, and dont forget the folks glued to there computers every day waiting for a glimpse of the meet!!! gl hf:D:D:D

barto_85
      Participant

Yep, im with surfmystrat, i’ll be here waiting for the pics of the meet, can’t wait.

Shypo
      Participant

a kodak moment.. lmao we should get endorsement deals

ms char-ged
      Participant

just finalising it now, you’ll be seeing my custom enzo cruise past the chicanes

Shypo
      Participant

right after my race prepped car has been admired and has run circles round u:evil:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

i might come, but i need a lift to sydney.

GT-ahh
      Participant

ok ill pick u up in 5

Shypo
      Participant

ROADTRIP!!!

Impreza
      Participant

It would be a looong flight:sad:, even though I think Trackmaster has me beat on distance:)

Have fun and, yes take loads of pics.. Maybe set up a large gallery in the members gallery area????:)

ms char-ged
      Participant

gt-ahh, where are you coming from, cos i need a lift, i can meet you in the city, you guys wouldn’t believe the weekend i had, a word of advice, always check the date before you leave, i went to springwood on saturday the 14th, all that way for nothing, i was so excited to go, and i didn’t even bother looking at the date, the trip was planned in the last hours of friday, at least i had a cousin there, so i did enjoy myself, even for the wasted effort, of even getting there on time, to top it off, the blue mountains is fcking cold, when you get to springwood, bring a jacket, and warm clothing, i couldn’t feel my hands and feet for three days, and i didn’t even realise until i had a shower, this was my itinery for day two, saturday, wake up at 8.30am, go to springwood, realise that there is no ausmicro stall at the civic centre, get pissed off at myself, wait for a train in a gust of wind, around 5*C, try and find the address of my cousins place for 30 minutes walking around the streets of katoomba, while on the verge of suffering an accute case of pneumonia, go back to the house, play table tennis against the wall side ways accross the table, NO ONE WAS HOME!!!, try and watch tv, but that didn’t work, because the grove on the switch was lose, i didn’t know that a coin had to be put into the groove, so the power would stay on, a bloody coin activated tv, try and play max payne, and the computer kept on corrupting, then made myself, some chicken stock and oregano soup, i could absolutely not be fcked to go to the super market, in the freezing cold, there was no food in the cupboard, ate at 11pm, on saturday night, chilled out with my cousin and his friends, so my mood got a bit better, then on sunday, the day of my departure, went bush walking, and slipped off a rock, my shoes got soaked in salty water, luckily my whole body didn’t fall in, thanks god for formula one, schumacher won the canadian grand prix, which calmed down my nerves, and i am now ready, to face my destiny, again at springwood! A day i would prefer to forget

Edited by – ms char-ged on 16 June 2003 11:43:25

ms char-ged
      Participant

gt-ahh, where are you coming from, cos i need a lift, i can meet you in the city, you guys wouldn’t believe the weekend i had, a word of advice, always check the date before you leave, i went to springwood on saturday the 14th, all that way for nothing, i was so excited to go, and i didn’t even bother looking at the date, the trip was planned in the last hours of friday, at least i had a cousin there, so i did enjoy myself, even for the wasted effort, of even getting there on time, to top it off, the blue mountains is fcking cold, when you get to springwood, bring a jacket, and warm clothing, i couldn’t feel my hands and feet for three days, and i didn’t even realise until i had a shower, this was my itinery for day two, saturday, wake up at 8.30am, go to springwood, realise that there is no ausmicro stall at the civic centre, get pissed off at myself, wait for a train in a gust of wind, around 5*C, try and find the address of my cousins place for 30 minutes walking around the streets of katoomba, while on the verge of suffering an accute case of pneumonia, go back to the house, play table tennis against the wall side ways accross the table, NO ONE WAS HOME!!!, try and watch tv, but that didn’t work, because the grove on the switch was lose, i didn’t know that a coin had to be put into the groove, so the power would stay on, a bloody coin activated tv, try and play max payne, and the computer kept on corrupting, then made myself, some chicken stock and oregano soup, i could absolutely not be fcked to go to the super market, in the freezing cold, there was no food in the cupboard, ate at 11pm, on saturday night, chilled out with my cousin and his friends, so my mood got a bit better, then on sunday, the day of my departure, went bush walking, and slipped off a rock, my shoes got soaked in salty water, luckily my whole body didn’t fall in, thanks god for formula one, schumacher won the canadian grand prix, which calmed down my nerves, and i am now ready, to face my destiny, again at springwood! A day i would prefer to forget

Edited by – ms char-ged on 16 June 2003 11:43:25

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

what can i say, tough luck??? maybe it will be better this time around:smiley2:

Shypo
      Participant

lol nice work dude… cant be;ieve u went all that way bahahahahah

Shypo
      Participant

lol nice work dude… cant be;ieve u went all that way bahahahahah

GT-ahh
      Participant

ms char-ged. Im going from northern beaches through chatswood/ryde and up through homebush….

GT-ahh
      Participant

ms char-ged. Im going from northern beaches through chatswood/ryde and up through homebush….

ms char-ged
      Participant

fck it then, i’ll probably catch a train in the morning, unless someone can give me a lift, but thanks anyway

ms char-ged
      Participant

fck it then, i’ll probably catch a train in the morning, unless someone can give me a lift, but thanks anyway

Shypo
      Participant

its gonna be worth it you do realise ms Char-ged

Shypo
      Participant

its gonna be worth it you do realise ms Char-ged

Keymaster

I hope it’s worth it – Derek and I have had a few things go wrong int he lead up so planning is not as thorough as we’d like 🙁

Still we’re planning on making it a good day for those that make the trip.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

I hope it’s worth it – Derek and I have had a few things go wrong int he lead up so planning is not as thorough as we’d like 🙁

Still we’re planning on making it a good day for those that make the trip.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

dgs73
      Participant

hey GT-ahh, what time you going through Ryde? You will be passing my house, literally…
      you have a PM

dgs73
      Participant

hey GT-ahh, what time you going through Ryde? You will be passing my house, literally…
      you have a PM

Shypo
      Participant

Aaron: even if theres like 10 of us there its still gonna be good

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Hey you lot….

Sorry I have been so quiet lately….
      Bet ya’s missed me!

As Aaron has said, we will be car pooling from freezing Canberra to freezing Springwood, leaving early on Sat morning.

So… the big question is who is going to get there to help Derek and Steve set up? I doubt we will get there early enough to do very much.

Total travel distance: 287.29 km, Estimated travel time: 4 Hrs 22 Mins according to whereis.com

Soooooooooooooooooooo, this little Kitty has to be awake and ready to leave by (does calculation) 5.30am!!!!!!
      Holy snapping duck poo Batman!!!!!!
      That’s without getting there early either, so if you fella’s think I am getting out of bed any earlier to help set up… I got news for ya, and it’s all bad!!!!!

So muchos thanks go to Steve and Derek, at least they live in Sydney!!!

So one tired Kitty will see ya’s on the weekend!

Fingers crossed that Murphy and his damned Laws don’t strike, like my last trip to Sydney… had to be cancelled all together and it wasn’t my fault!!!

Cheers!

murph
      Participant

What’s wrong with Murphy he’s a good bloke.

Derek

If you need a hand to setup let me know…..

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Eep….

Not you murph…
      (didn’t even see you arrive murph, sorry!)

See! I haven’t been paying attention have I!

Looking forward to meeting you matey!

🙂

Keymaster

OK I have posted the basic rules/Divisiosn and classes to the main topic 🙂

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Also at the race day you will be able to pre-order from the next batch of ausmicro.com shirts and Order Exclusive Limited Edition ausmicro.com mugs.

Shirts are at a new price of AUD35.00 delivered within Australia. We will accept deposits and full payments with delivery to be made when we have 25 or more shirts. The design and shirt styles are the same as the previous run.

Mugs are a new thing for us – you can read more in other threads but essentially for AUD28.50 you can secure a Limited Edition mug that celebrates our first anniversary.

PM me for electronic payment info.
      A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

OK everyone………

Kitty’s Rules!

1. All those that turn up and own ausmicro.com t shirts MUST be wearing it!

2. All those that turn up MUST look at Limited Edition Mugs.

3. All those that turn up without an ausmicro.com t shirt will have an opportunity to rectify this by ordering an ausmicro.com t shirt 🙂

4. All those that turn up will have their picture taken for ausmicro.com Race Day album that will be created.

5. If these rules aren’t obeyed, you will be in the Litter.

6. These rules are by no means binding, and are not part of the official rules of ausmicro.com nor are they in any way enforced by ausmicro.com but they possibly might be enforced by Kitty!

LOL ~ sorry, all in good fun, couldn’t resist!

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone.
      I just wish we had organised name badges.
      ie/ real name and nickname so I know who is who… I would have liked to do a bit of creative race calling :smiley2::smiley2::smiley2:

See you all in a couple of days….
      BTW, anyone that says that they can’t get to Springwood from somewhere in Sydney is definately gonna be in the litter when I am getting up at 5.30 am and on the road for 4.5hours!!!!!! blackeye:

Impreza
      Participant

Postponed????

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Yes postponed….

I am too upset to talk about it yet…..

Damned so and so …… *bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

And I had just organised a suprise for Aaron!

I had just booked accomodation on my credit card for us both to stay at in Penrith on Friday night.

And now because it is less than 24 hours notice, I lose half the cost of the room as a cancellation fee! That’s $80 down the drain for nothing!!!

I am MIGHTILY PEEVED PEOPLE!
      :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Keymaster

I’m sorry to say that the RaceDay scheduled for the 21st of June 2003 at Springwood NSW has had to be Postponed.

Why?
      Well Derek and I have been struggling with some issues relating to the venue and its preparation for the big event.

It’s become very clear to us that as the big day has gotten closer and closer these problems would have lead to the Race Day simply not living up the high standards that we would like for our ausmicro.com members.

So instead of having people travelling for hours and having a sub-standard experience we’ve decided to POSTPONE the meet until we know everything will fall correctly into place.

So the Prizes, The planning, and all the little things we’ve worked out for the event will be held onto until we re-schedule!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry to here that:( But I am sure that it will bigger and better next time;)

Keymaster

Yeah it’s a major blow to me – but it’s for the best.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 49 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.