Scamming JNH?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Crom
      Participant

I remember reading a post on the old forums about calling JNH and getting a new antenna wire for free by saying that the antenna broke off.

On a whim I decided to try calling them. It seems that JNH has gotten wise to what some people are doing. They don’t give out replacement antenna wire any more, however, the lady said that if the antenna was ripped out, I could order a “spare assembly” for $10, and all I have to do is specify what frequency it is. They will then send out the spare assembly, but it will not have any of the gears or motors or tyres… just the main body.

$10 for a bit char-g if you screw up a mod… not bad… I wonder how much a “spare controller” would cost?

Shypo
      Participant

a spare controller is like $7 i believe

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

DaveF
      Participant

Cool. You could buy all the spare/replacement bits cheaper than a new bit by the sounds of it. I wonder what a replacement booster controller and car cost?

DaveF! 👿
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

Shypo
      Participant

JNH dont sell boosters so you couldnt get one cos they havent been made in aust yet, but waiting all that time for TOMY to get back to you and ship evrything out and examin evrything, not really worht that wait.. IMO

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

char-geer
      Participant
      Quote:
      I could order a “spare assembly” for $10, and all I have to do is specify what frequency it is. They will then send out the spare assembly, but it will not have any of the gears or motors or tyres… just the main body.

does that mean u get the chassis and a shell or just the chassis?

Lazboy
      Participant

sounds like just a chassis to me but its a nice idea 10 buck for a new car coz the other shit doesnt wear that much the only bit ya want is new string part

Craz
      Participant

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you, JNH did a good thing getting Char-Gs into Aus, I don’t think its right scamming them when they didn’t do anything wrong to you.

There are three types of people in the world, those whocan count, and those who can’t.

Crom
      Participant

Char-geer: Its just a chassis.

Craz has a really good point. Even though it seems to be cheaper to order the chassis and controller piecemeal from JNH, we have got to remember that they are still a business.

If all of us start scamming them, they’ll figure out that the BCG aren’t profitable, and won’t import them anymore. Then importing them ourselves becomes our only option.

On the other hand though, if you screw up a mod bad…

Brett
      Participant

I’m with Craz on this one. I just don’t agree with ripping of people/companies who are just trying to run a business.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      I’m with Craz on this one. I just don’t agree with ripping of people/companies who are just trying to run a business.

I also agree, but they are now charging for the service so its not exactly ripping them off. $10 for a chassis only sounds reasonable all round, I don’t think they’d be losing money on the deal. I suppose if they have heaps of requests for these it may impact on them bringing more Char-G’s in because its not worth the hassle.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/sandrashane/char-g/compact.html

Crom
      Participant

Just for the record… JNH are selling Tx for $10 and I asked the customer service lady if the entire kits could be bought piece meal, She said that they aren’t.

Just send them a cheque or money order and a note saying which frequency

puffer
      Participant
      Quote:
      Just for the record… JNH are selling Tx for $10 and I asked the customer service lady if the entire kits could be bought piece meal, She said that they aren’t.

Just send them a cheque or money order and a note saying which frequency

Man I screwed up one of my Chassis big time 🙁
      Good news is that it wasn’t one of my boosters! so how do you contact them to get a new one? (I am after a 45mhz)

PandaBear
      Participant

Puffer:- Welcome!

btw JNH is the local distributor for the “Compact Bit Char-G” range… consisting of exactly Four cars in either 27Mhz or 40Mhz.

If you need a spare 45Mhz chassis you’re out of luck. However only the PCB differs, the plastics are 100% interchangeable.

So if its not the PCB you’ve skru’d up, perhaps JNH can help. Just don’t tell them its not a CCG. :smiley2:

puffer
      Participant
      Quote:
      Puffer:- Welcome!

btw JNH is the local distributor for the “Compact Bit Char-G” range… consisting of exactly Four cars in either 27Mhz or 40Mhz.

If you need a spare 45Mhz chassis you’re out of luck. However only the PCB differs, the plastics are 100% interchangeable.

So if its not the PCB you’ve skru’d up, perhaps JNH can help. Just don’t tell them its not a CCG. :smiley2:

Hey thanks for the welcome!

Damn – no I think it was the PCB I screwed up, I’ll just have to get one of my mates (who can actually solder unlike me) to check it out 🙁

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.