……………site fading

Home Forums General Chat ……………site fading

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i havent been a member of ausmicro.com a long time, but i have made several observations. I love bits, they make up 1/3 of my life. But the truth is this website, my favorite for bits, is fading. Out of the 1000 something members only about 25 of them are active users. I think that all these members should start a campaign to get more people to use this site and participate in the forums. It would make it more fun, and make bits more popular. So i say lets get some sort of campaign going and get more users, before its too late.:p

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

micro_Amps
      Participant

It wont be too late.
      Numbers might fluctuate from time to time but we will always be here as long as the site is maintained.
      I think it is alarmist to say things are fading.

ph2t
      Participant

Yeah, true micro. I’ve only been around since Christmas and have no plans to stop pressing refresh every 30 seconds……..:)

ph2t.

PandaBear
      Participant

Numbers come and go, seems to go in cycles.

More so Tomy hasn’t really brought out anything new in recent weeks… and the MkII BCGs haven’t shipped yet otherwise we’ll be awash with “I got One!!” posts.

:):evil::)

micro_Amps
      Participant

You only have to look at the figures on the front page….
      Nearly 800 members have posted nearly 8000 posts, that is not FADING by any definition.
      :)uA

Shypo
      Participant

as soon as the new Bits come out the BCG community will spring back into life..

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

barto_85
      Participant

It is true that about 800 of those 1000 members probably never post anything, but there are a lot of dedicated ausmicro members. It would be nice to heard from those others. but yeah i agree with shypo, once new bits are out, this will definitely fire up.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

yea, im sure you guys are right about the fact when the new bits come out the community will grow. But also this site is going to have to offer something to people for the new bits like mods or something or else no ones going to show up.

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

Shypo
      Participant

what mods do you propose Surmystrat…. we have a technical section for many types of micro R/c.. if someone wants a question answered it usually is answered.. no other micro R/c site has a dedicated article section written on mods.. we are trying to build our database of articles.
      In general BCG discussion mods can be posted..
      And we cant exactly give out mods for the new cars as they havent even been released yet…

We have Many members but yes not alot post and alot of others post very rapidly the for the first couple of weeks and then they fall off and never post again. Alot of members who just join post meanigless rubbish and then stop posting becos they realise that we dont want to hear it.

Wait for the new bits and see how the future of BCG goes.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

CaboWabo
      Participant

*Cabo stands up*
      Hello, my name is CaboWabo, and I am a lurker. ๐Ÿ™‚

No, I personally try to visit as often as I can.
      I only post legit so that’s why there’s not many posts under my belt. lol

betta recognize… uh huh ๐Ÿ™‚
      http://bitpimps.lixlink.com

Shypo
      Participant

Cabo I seen you around.. you have about 10,00003409423-485-040285 posts on Bit Pimps lol

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

CaboWabo
      Participant

well I gots ta represent on my own turf! lol

I was just commenting on that today, how I need to slow down over there before I own half the posts. lol

betta recognize… uh huh ๐Ÿ™‚
      http://bitpimps.lixlink.com

ph2t
      Participant

Heya Cabo, welcome downunder, represent! Now your in my territory! Most of the post in the techo section are my rants and raves…..:approve:
      As to whether (I could never spell that word right!) on not they are legit, that remains to be seen.

ph2t.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

wait, are you trying to say my stuff is rubish, should i drop it? is that what you mean:question:

you are currently at: http://www.ausmicro.com

micro_Amps
      Participant

Dont be so touchy Surfy, he just means that we get ALL kinds of posts from ALL kind of people and we accept all of it.
      Some people post pearls of wisdom, some discuss things, some just chatter, and some just try to get their post numbers up (:smiley2:) it takes all kinds, and in the end it all makes for a diverse and more interesting forum site.

z-beam
      Participant

i must say that some are not participating much. i mean i post decent pics and only 2 ppl actually saw them in a week. i have submitted these pics for ausmicro a month ago and no go… is there a subliminal image of a bong or something on my Bb? why wont ausmicro post my pics?

http://groups.msn.com/bitchargoz/paintingmods.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=50

see theres nothing offensive is there?

and as far as this being AUSMICRO not JAPMICRO i think so few are trying to reprisent the oz… i mean how australian is it if all we honour is american and japanese styles. (no probs with euro style tho, mmm contach)

so if you be from another land welcommen!!! but if you do live down under, REPRAZENT!!!

z-ute, in case you never seen b-4

http://groups.msn.com/bitchargoz/paintingmods.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=64

Impreza
      Participant

I agree with Shypo on this post.. Once the new models come out the posts will pick up.

Impreza :smiley16:

z-beam
      Participant

totally agree there, plus the extra flow was more annoying, the pace the site stabilized at was fine by me… i like the closer knit feeling we got, and the latest wave of newcomers have been nice to have around. no way will this site die soon!!!

ph2t
      Participant

Since only getting into this stuff at christmas, I’m a newcomer but hope to be old school one day.

Racer9
      Participant

Huh-huh. I want the new bits too. I think they will raise poularity too.:dead::dead::dead:

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

And then there are posters like ME!

Not much technical know how, but never afraid to put my two cents worth in.

If you think the threads are dying/fading whatever, then be creative yourself and post something positive that people will respond to.

Most of the people around here are always willing to put up their opinion, even if they can’t back it up (that’s me mostly :smiley2:)
      but generally a good bunch.

So, instead of noting that the forums are dying, liven them up!
      Find something to write about!
      Start a poll!
      Flash a picture of a great mod!
      Inspire someone!

Get the grey matter going my friend with more positive and less negative and the threads will be flowing again in no time…..
      that will keep everyone busy until the new models arrive…. EVENTUALLY!!!!!!

*fingers crossed*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      *purr purr*
      ๐Ÿ˜€

Z Blue Skyline
      Z Silver Mazda
      BitCharG Hummer
      BitCharG GTR ~ arriving soon!

jazza_1984
      Participant

i cant wait for the new models i have been talking to http://www.bitchargoz.tk and they said that they will be the first in australia to have all the new cars and pullback chassis’ in… i cant wait!

ลขลญโ‚ฃโ‚ฃะšฤฑ??

Keymaster

*grins* I think it’ll be neck and neck, I know Steve from Trading Direct has pre-ordered a lot of stock so I’m sure he’ll have the new cars as soon as possible too.

I’m just happy that there’s good local sources for the cars and the almost insane pricing of the early days is over. If it’s kept affordable more people will be able to afford to participate.

Hell I was in GoLo the other day trying to track down their $12 Bullets to do some conversions myself ๐Ÿ˜‰ (Aaron wants to make a fun car)

—-
      Moderator, Admin, and all that ๐Ÿ™‚

--
      Site Owner Guy.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Hrmmmmmm, $12 Bullets…..

Something to do in my spare time perhaps?

Hrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:smiley16:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      *purr purr*
      ๐Ÿ˜€

Z Blue Skyline
      Z Silver Mazda
      BitCharG Hummer
      BitCharG GTR ~ arriving soon!

PandaBear
      Participant

Try HobbyCo too, you lucky Sydney fellas.
      They’ve supposedly got $12 bullets and $15 tincans.

barto_85
      Participant

are there any shops like that in Queensland?

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.