steering return springs

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hello,

I’m just wondering if anyone else has destroyed their return springs on the steering, u know that tiny tiny wire. Well i destroyed one of mine and went looking for a replacement but couldn’t find one :O(. Can someone tell me where to buy such a thin wire?? I already went to my local hobby store and dickies and they didn’t have anything that small. :O(

Cranga
      Participant

Perri,
      You can use the springs out of video casettes to replace the springs in the steering, you just have to open it up and pop out the spring, All it needs is a bit of bending, but it is a worthwhile replacement while waiting for a tomy one!

Admin
      Participant

are you talking about the suspension springs I don’t mean them. i am talking about what makes the magnet and hence the wheels return to it’s centre position. thanks anyhows I might just do that as i don’t have any springs for suspension thus far that is a good idea ;O)

Cranga
      Participant

No not suspention springs, i know the spring you are talking about, just pull apart a VCR casette and you will see what i am talking about!

Cranga
      Participant

Here is what QFM does when they loose a spring.
      http://tinyrc.com/qfm/racing/mod_05.htm#17
      You can just use the small spring out of the cassette as a replacement.:smiley2:

micro_Amps
      Participant

you can buy the center steering piece with the magnet and spring from toyeast, about 7 or 8 $ tho.
      :)uA

perriscope
      Participant

thanks for the help guys ;o)

sorry cranga I thought I would be after somekinda wire, didn’t realise you could unwind a spring and it would still be springy ;o) thanks heaps

spanky
      Participant

you can also buy just the spring from http://www.rcmod.com for 2.50 and i think another 2.00 for shipping.. and you will have it in a couple days… they ship fast..

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.