tanks

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

Just saw the battle tanks:p. At $250 CD (for 2) they are out of my range ATM:( They did a very good job on the cosmetics IMO.:approve:

Impreza :smiley16:

Shypo
      Participant

i read the FAQ on them in the other forum and they sound amazing, i wouldnt mind some, shame they are so $$$$$

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Trueno
      Participant

Has anyone actually seen or played with these puppies?

Shypo
      Participant

i hav seen them out of the box, i saw them in chinatown about a month ago, they are very small and cool looking, shame the guy is a rip off merchant asking $394 for 2 tanks!!!
      and $97Au for a GTR history set

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

ag04
      Participant

I know a lot obout these buggers, I wouldn’t suggest getting one, until takara comes out with the turret rotating ones. They simulate recoil when you fire the thing. they use ir controls, and have an ir battling system. each tanks has it’s own diffeernt speed, shot power, hit points, and reloading speed. they are very powerful, and will climb virtually anything that they can get their tracks on. I would like to get one, but the money is a bit on the steep side, maybe if they could lower the pice a bit.

ag04

Impreza
      Participant

Turret dosn’t rotate:( That is a shame, guess that would have to be another button. Otherwise they seem REALLY cool, all except the price that is.

Impreza :smiley16:

Shypo
      Participant

in the speed factor, how fast are we talking, about easy digi Q speed or faster/slower?

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

me and me lude
      Participant

probably around that, they are geared for torque, they can climb to the point that they fall over backwards:p

________
      Epoch Indoor Racer: Legacy B4 (Spec-2)
      DigiQ-R: NSX-R

peedee
      Participant

my friend has a dig-q tank the are awesome its just the cost factor thats holding me back

peedee
      Participant

i think they are a bit overpriced

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah but i know where you can get them for about 85AUD

peedee
      Participant

yea that is alright priced i guess

trash
      Participant

Sorry guys, I haven’t payed too much attention to the discussion forums. I have 3. They are a lot of fun, but I don’t think they are worth their
      pricetag. I can get them for about $80 aus. This is about $50usd. This is retail and shipping back to australia from japan. In japan they cost me about $60-70aus (about $40usd). Most of the cost is in the controler. It has quite complex software. It can program tanks up for teams, or one on one etc. The tanks can simulate damage and even keep score. An IR remote control in the same room works like a Digi-Q atomic weapon, it
      makes all the tanks blow up at once. quite funny.

I may consider bringing some more into australia
      in about 8 weeks depending on the demand.

arch2b
      Participant

i just picked up 2 of these and they are very intertaining. the prices are way to high but i was lucky enough to get mine for about $30usd each (possibly becasue the new ones come out this month). i plan on purchasing some of the new ones as well, as long as they are below $50usd, or i’m witing till they fall that low. as much fun as they are, they aren’t worth that much.
      i was surprised at their speed. much better than i was expecting. the level of detail is very nice for it’s size. i would recommmned the decal sets as they are rather plain stock.
      IMG_0025.sized.jpg
      IMG_0019_001.sized.jpg

trash
      Participant

good price.
      When I was in HK last week, the price on the Digi-Q’s had dropped to $300 HK which is about $60 aud. Not much of a drop, but I’d say they’re expecting the new tanks out soon. I took mine to Jaycar at Parramatta a few weeks ago to test them against the clones for compatibility. Sadly, they don’t work together, but the guys behind the counter prefered the digi-Q.
      Try using your TV IR control on the tanks, they go crazy.
      I have some BCG tanks extra that I may consider swaping for something else if somebody is looking for some.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Trash, i have bought a battle set of these, with 2 tanks and a few buildings etc.

They should be here in a week…..cant WAIT soooooo excited!!!!!!

I payed AU154 for the pair with accessories.

But i do have some questions, im a digi Q dumbass……

Do they have proportional throttle???

Are they made in japan????

Do they track straight???

Are they as fast as a Tomy 1.0????

What is the IR ‘cannon’ range???

Do they have much ground clearance, i.e. when i get them i want to turn make a rugged warzone.

trash
      Participant

good question….
      I don’t have any batteries in the controlers at the moment, and I can’t remember if they are proportial throttle. They are most likely 2 speed.

They are the Genuine Kyosho… so you’d think they were made in Japan. Zzzzt. Even japan is getting the Chinese to make stuff. Which explains why they are cheaper in HK than Japan.
      Having said that, they are of japanese quality.

They track straight, They actually have a trim control…. I prefer to make mine track off center in combat so that they sweep their aim as they move.

They are slower than the BCG tanks.. but not as power hungry. Overall, they are much better quality and speed really isn’t a factor in combat.
      Precission pays off if you’re trying to nudge the turret around a corner and not get shot.

Their IR range is about 2 metres.
      They don’t have much clearance, but then, they don’t really need it. They climb over most terrain without too much problems.

They don’t have movable turrets, the new models do, but I haven’t seen any yet.

They are quite smart and you set many different combat modes and handicaps etc. They even have the capability for teams, which is a lot of fun.

I prefer to use mine on the coffee table with several boxes and mirrors. Makes combat more challanging if you don’t know where the shots are coming from.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

These things are coool, they have 5 speed forward control and steering. Lots of fun, but war games seem very biased with that damn tiger tank. You have to be quite skilled to win with the sherman, even my dad beat me and he’s a gumby at it lol.

Admin
      Participant

i have some of the moveable turret ones in melbourne australia let me know if you want 2 play with them

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

yeah, i bought a pair and am sick of them now, because they never take in any charge, great fun when they work….

trash
      Participant

are the turret digi Q’s out now ?? gee, I am behind the times …. that’s it …. I’m going to have to go on holidays to SE asia again next year.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

They have been out for a good 6 months atleast….I am spewing that my panther doesn’t even move anymore….

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.