the Digi Q Guide

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      Shypo
      Participant

ok i got my first Digi Q about 6-7 days ago and to all those out there that think they suck you are very very wrong
      1. a Digi has very very good turning contrary to what alot of ppl say. it can do very tight donuts and corners or it can have wide circles.
      2. the digi Q is very very quick for such a small car it goes about as fast as a 3.8 bcg motor. the little thing flys and when it flips it just keeps going!!
      3. the Infrared does not go out of range easily and it does not stuter when the controller is blocked or the car is behind something. this car has better rnage than most BCG
      4. the cars dont like crappy- they are a little bit squished but they still look fine they dont look obscure they look very very cool.
      5. the controls on the digi Q is very very comfortable and it is alot more comfortable than a BCG. it is very easy to hold and maneuvre the car.
      6. charge time is about 8 mins and gives you run time of about 17 minutes
      7. you can drift-nuf said

down sides-
      1.there arent to many modifications out there but you can modify Choro Q’s to fit
      2. there is no way to really go very slow. so these cars kinda go extremely slow or FLAT OUT. and flat out is very fast.
      3. the front wheels dont turn on the standard digi Q, on the digi R spec cars the front wheels turn and i am told the difference is very very significant.

thats about all i can think of right now but i gauruntee you all if you buy a Digi Q you will not be dissapointed!!

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

just found out that you can change speeds, setting easy is about 1.6 speed or a little slower, normal is the amazing speed

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

TallduDe
      Participant

what about those front steer diqi r’s??? are they any good??? is it worth it buy one?

Smoke em up!

Shypo
      Participant

the Digi Qr are the ones with front steering but only 2 have them.. i reckon they migth make a bit of a difference, i definetly recommend buying one

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

me and me lude
      Participant

yes they are much better handlers

________
      Epoch Indoor Racer: Legacy B4 (Spec-2)
      DigiQ-R: NSX-R

Shypo
      Participant

I just saw that you can get a NUR GTR in Digi Q form…. I NEEEDDD IT!!

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

ms char-ged
      Participant

sigma sell them for US$200 the last time i looked

z-beam
      Participant

the ability to program in settings sounds like fun, can u do it on the standard ones?

ms char-ged
      Participant

you can, but you need a proportional controller, which costs as much as a starter kit, there are literally thousands of different codes you can activate

Shypo
      Participant

the propo controller does look awesome tho and it enables drifting and other cool stuff

TallduDe
      Participant

does any1 have a digi Qr???

how much of a differences is it in handling from the normal one’s?

Shypo
      Participant

only 2 of the digi Qr’s have turning front wheels.. Im told they dont spin around so easily…

dgs73
      Participant

i’ve just got a digiQR, same as Shypo’s tho. Got info from a friend in Jap. about them tho; QR have two with working head/tail lights, or the other two have “turning” front wheels. They dont play a major part in steering the cars, as the rears still do the job. Some say they do decrease size of turning circle, but IT IS NEGLIGABLE. And being that the fronts have no rubber, exactly where are they gonna get the grip to steer anyway?? Oh, Shypo, want an NuR Digi do you?? Need help??!? (HE HE HE HE…) Also , found mine takes closer to 15 mins to charge, but runs for almost half an hour. No s#*t.

Shypo
      Participant

I have seen the NUR.. doesnt even come with a controller!!!
      Mine charges for 12 mins.. duno how long it runs 4.

me and me lude
      Participant

there’s a new trueno with both lights and turning wheels :smiley16:

me and me lude
      Participant

there’s a new trueno with both lights and turning wheels :smiley16:

Shypo
      Participant

yeah the Initial D one eh

looks pretty cool

Shypo
      Participant

yeah the Initial D one eh

looks pretty cool

ms char-ged
      Participant

another note, if you charge yours, turn the car off, and then turn the car back on 2 days later, it will still run, pretty good a, don’t have to waste your batteries, until they fully discharge

Shypo
      Participant

yeah thats a cool thing but bad bad thing 4 your batteries

TallduDe
      Participant

i saw a IR Racer at a hobby store in the suburbs of sydney today, was just wondering are they clones of digi q’s ????

they look like they have ir control’s on them. do they perform as well as a digi q???

is it worth the 25 bucks to get one?

GT-ahh
      Participant

“I racers” are made by nikkon i think.
      judging by the price tag IR racer may be an “I racer” clone, btw which store did u see these in, I might go check it out 😀

TallduDe
      Participant

well i found it at MIranda i sydney the store is called vagg’s hobby’s. they also had SMARTLAND tanks but i forget what price they were.

the IR Racer clone looks strange on the box it says rx-7 but it aint no rx-7 i have ever seen before. very strange shape. but the control looks like the thing is proportional steering or like a digi q’s steering???

Shypo
      Participant

they have em at moddlers world GT-ahh..

merc-blue
      Participant

im about to go on a hol up 2 sydney were r good places to get the best micros mainly digis and stuff

Djinn
      Participant

Just purchased a Sprinter Trueno Digi Q R, (with the front wheel steering system…).
      Pic in my gallery..

DAMN its fast!

Got it from Modellers world (Haymarket) guys.. they stocking other DigiQ sets and individual DigiQ cars…

They also restocked their bit char-g range. At $55 bucks for a standard bit char-g, its bloody good value. They also still have a couple wild char-g.

Also, the sister shop of Modellers world (In/Under the Victoria Galleries near IGA supermarket) are selling the tomy 2.6 motors for $9.90, and the tomy 1.6 motors for $8.80. They place ’em on this revolving rack full of keyrings.. so you tend to overlook them.. until the TOMY Bit Char-G insignia caught my eye..

Off to play with my sprinter…

Cheers.:smiley16:

Djinn
      Participant

oooooooh faaaaaaaarrrk… now i see the Initial D Digi Q..

http://www.takaratoys.co.jp/digiq_r/item2/drs_06.html

:dead:

merc-blue
      Participant

hey djinn im guessin ur from vic cause u mentioned vic gardens n weres moddlers world???

Djinn
      Participant

actually, Sydney..
      The Victoria Galleries are the name of a mall between George and Pitt St…

Sorry Merc.

merc-blue
      Participant

lol in vic we just built a place by the same name

dgs73
      Participant

Digi’s at Modeller’s World (car without controller) are $45 each, but only have the new Beetle and Audi TT in stock. Hmmm…

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I sorta want one, they have the proper steering now, and those F1’s look very sexy.

ms char-ged
      Participant

the ones at modellers start at $118 which is a ripp off, i went there yesterday, looks like djinn took the last AE86, they got castrol r-34’s the one shypo use to have and blue impreza’s, they also got blue audi tt, and a silver cox beetle individual car chasis. Hope that helps you guys, otherwise i would recommend hlj, i’m thinking of wrapping up my micro rc collection with a digi-q AE86 sprinter, a white wrx, and a few pullbacks, possibly a super, but only if it’s a booster 🙂

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.