The Smartland IR-bits are here!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi ya all!
      Finally the Smartland Infrared-controlled microcars have arrived.
      20gw2600.jpg

When I tried them out for them first time at my Bit-track I became very disappointed. The cars are pretty fast and they do turn pretty accurate. The steering is digital analogue like the Tomycars, but the speed-regulator is 10 speed digital propotional, 5 speeds forward & 5 speeds in reverse. When you turn the steering wheel the car just…turns. You?d expect that when you turn the steering wheel a little the car would steer a little, but hey, it?s either all or nothing like we?re used to. This means it?s a little tough to maneuvre at a racetrack with the kind of grip my track has.

atomix3.jpg

The speed regulator on the other hand is a joy. With full speed and full turning the car needs quite some space to turn, but when you just drop the speed a little you can master even the tightest turn quite easy. Great for technical tracks!

The car is sligthly shorter than the Tomy, so the Tomy-bodies has to be modified to fit. The motorwires are soldered, needs a little work to to be able to exchange for a faster one.
      atomix1.jpg

atomix2.jpg

I can really recommend these cars, the pistol-control is very nice to hold, quality-feeling even though the package is quite cheap to buy.

If you cannot find them where you are but still are interesetd in trying them out, just let me know and I can ship one or more to you. The price is US$30 + shipping (a rough look at shipping costs gives a price of US$20 for shipping to Australia…:dead:).

Want more info? Just shout, and I?ll try to help you out, I can shoot more pics too if anyone wants.

/Trackmaster

Participant

sounds cool, what kind of battery is in it?

Participant

can we get a close up of the actual car with shell on?

Participant

they sound and look pretty good, but yeah a close up would be good.

Participant

I?ve have a couple of pics for ya here with the car on the charger:
      atomixbil1.jpg
      atomixbil2.jpg
      atomixbil3.jpg

I?ll see about the battery later tonight, I have one car in pieces at home so I?ll get back to ya soon ?bout that.

Here are links for two videoclips (shot with my Konica stillcamera), one showing top speed and the other one showing low speed & handling:

Top speed:
      http://www.mikrorazer.com/charg/filmer/pict0224.avi

Low speed:
      http://www.mikrorazer.com/charg/filmer/pict0226.avi

/Trackmaster

Participant

The battery is a Tomylike Ni-MH, 1.2 v, 100 mAh.

/Trackmaster

Participant

its ugly as hell

Participant

Thank you for your opinion, but hey, if it?s so ugly you can always put on another body. I know that the Smartland car is a tad shorter, but no major mods have to be made. Think of the possibility to race 4 MORE cars at the same time plus the ability of propotional speed.

/Trackmaster

Participant

true, i withdraw my insult

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.