The ultimate Question

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      SurfmyStrat
      Participant

What would you do if Bits became illegal to own and the company went out of business:question: i think i would blackeye:…

27 MHz Mitsubishi
      other cars in parts

ekwj
      Participant

hehe… don’t think something like this would ever be illegal… it’s just a toy man.. haha so no worries!!

The sky is the limit! |ekR34| http://www.ekr34.tk

barto_85
      Participant

That sounds ridiculous, but if it happened, lucky mine is a compact char g, not a bit char g.

ekwj
      Participant

haha… what difference is there between a compact char g and a bit char g.. the names are different but aren’t they the same things?

barto_85
      Participant

yeah i know theres no difference but the name, i was just joking.

ekwj
      Participant

=) why do they have to change the names of things in different countries… just stick to the original… =)

jazza_1984
      Participant

the compact char-G are on 27 and 40 MHz, the two channels that are legal in australia… the bit char-Gs are actually on illegal channels… or so i believe

ekwj
      Participant

illegal? whatcha mean bu illegal jazza?

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

you guys are lucky, at least you can get the illegal ones, here in the United States, you have to import the bit char-g’s, and if you get a microsizer they only come in 49 or 27 with only on option of like 6 bodies. So stop complaining!!!

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

jazza_1984
      Participant

the channels are just illegal to operate on… tehy are reserved for emergency vehicles, etc

dgs73
      Participant

hey Surf, you aint the only one who has to import bits, our Compacts, like your Microsizers, only come in two freqs., and we only have two model/colour options!! Anything else i want, shells, motors, gears, NuR, I have to import…
      And the transmitted signal is pretty weak on an un-modded car, so “illegal” frequencies will likely not interfere with emergency/medical equipment, etc. due to minimal range. Further, the Bit frequencies are the same as the Cyclona cars, funny Cyclonas made it through but not the Bits…

Shypo
      Participant

^NUR:D:D:D, just wait till u hold it Dgs

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Trackmaster
      Participant

dgs73

Has the Cyclonas made it through the legal parts?? Sounds strange if they operate on illegal frequencies.

/Trackmaster

“If it ain?t broken, don?t try to fix it”

Admin
      Participant

yeah this sucks we do have to import them. no tomy’s for us just microsizers. the american tomy’s but tomy makes microsizers so yeah.

27mhz
      lancer oh yeah
      same one as the one on the title
      red to 😀

Shypo
      Participant

at least u guys get alot of different shell options and u also have alot of new cool stuff comin out..

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

at least u guys get alot of different shell options and u also have alot of new cool stuff comin out..

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      What would you do if Bits became illegal to own

Well I guess I would have to get into the blackmarket trade and become a dealer.
      Bitchargs would be bought and sold by suss lookin characters in dark alleyways, chassis wrapped in little packets of foil……

Or have I gone too far…..again…..

:)uA

Shypo
      Participant

lol are u a crack dealer Micro? lmao.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

micro_Amps
      Participant

Nah man, but I got some good Tomy char, you lookin for char…..modelista man, its good stuff.
      You look like you need a fix.

Trackmaster
      Participant

Crack=Char-G….hmmmm, very similar…addictive!

/Trackmaster

dgs73
      Participant

It got here yesterday, Shypo. And I dont think I can bring myself to take it outta the box… So shiny…!!!:D:smiley16::approve:

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i still say you guys get it better then we do here in america. it might seem that we have a better way of getting them but you have to find a hobby store that sells them first and there not that popular and really, really hard to find.

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

Shypo
      Participant
      Quote:
      It got here yesterday, Shypo. And I dont think I can bring myself to take it outta the box… So shiny…!!!:D:smiley16::approve:

Oh i can understand.. i dont wanna take it out of the box. no way in hell

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

micro_Amps
      Participant

Congratulations dgs73, welcome to the next level.:approve:
      To membership of an elite breed of BCG owners.
      Remember, never EVER take it out of the box.
      Its power shines from within.
      The tape must stay on.
      Dont weaken, dont be tempted.
      :DuA

Shypo
      Participant

Yea i have come so close to opening My nur and voltz then i had to slap myself to walk away from it lol…

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Trackmaster
      Participant

Guys

(written with irony :smiley2:)
      When do you expect these toys to increase their value, and what amount are you expecting to reach?
      Give it a year or two and I guess we will find your rare cars on Ebay. Or, what are your plans??

I?ve been thinking that I would like to own those rare cars, but I always wake up when I find that I don?t have any specific reason for buying them more than that they are…rare…right now.

Will anyone remember these in the near future?

Please, give me your view of this, I?m curious (you might even persuade me to hunt down the rare ones…). :p

/Trackmaster

micro_Amps
      Participant

Some ideas on collecting and values and so on………
      As far as collecting goes, the worldwide appeal of these cars seems to be enduring. High prices are still being sought and achieved. Specific toys sometimes hit a nerve with collectors and the BCGs are one of these. Anyone can go down to the local toy store and buy a mainstream BCG, but the limited edition models are special and have a stronger appeal for their scarcity.
      As for values, they continue to increase as less are available for sale. Ebay is considered the general barometer for values but in reality the serious prices are being paid for BCGs that dont even make it to Ebay.
      Would it surprise you if I said that an Xbox Rallysport BCG can now not be bought for less than US$350.(AU$600) If you offer more you might be able to tempt someone to part with one. The last transaction I know of at this price was last week. Two months ago one was sold for US$400. This is the upper extreme but it IS happening and it will continue to happen as long as collectors see the need to fill collections. The accessibility and appeal of the product makes these a good target for collectors because they are known to so many people worldwide. Tomy have carefully structured a product to entertain on many levels and the adults with the cash have their place too.
      The thing with collecting these is that anybody can start, it doesnt have to be expensive initially. You might just have one or two standard models and then decide you want one that not everybody else has got. So you buy youself a Calsonic or a Voltz. You might want to use it, you might want to stow it away and see how the value goes. But if you have been bitten, you will want another, and another, and before long the collection grows.
      Its fun to watch someone elses rare BCG go for sale on ebay, knowing you have one of those and that there arent that many of them available for people to buy. It ads another dimension to a hobby that is popular accross the globe and fortunately the Tomy BCGs are the original and continue to demand the higher prices. You dont see any collection interest in the clones at all, and rightly so.
      I know people who collect Leggo and Playstation games and it is the same there too. As time goes on the values are maintained and increased because of the scarcity of the item. If people use or destroy their car, another is lost, and the value of the remaining BCGs goes up.
      Look at StarWars toys for example (and I dont claim BCGs are as big a phenominum as Star Wars, but) there are a strong buch of followers even now, who still seek toys at amazing prices because they are just not available anymore.
      As time goes on these cars will be known as the ones that started it all, and a canny collector will have all the important ones and the aspiring collectors will be looking for the ones they need to fill the holes in their collection. These will be obtained from the average person who has one or two limited editions on the shelf that are in mint condition. That is you and me, mostly.
      You say you dont have a specific reason for buying one. Do you really need one. It just makes the whole hobby that much more unique to have limited editions that are not freely available, and people will pay good money to obtain the missing pieces to their collections.

Thats why I have a few of the rarer ones.
      Oh yeh and then theres the fun factor too.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 17 April 2003 10:00:26

Trackmaster
      Participant

Nice reply!

In short terms, I totally agree with you. BUT, you?re missing the fun factor when you keep your rare Bits on the shelf! Whenever I get a new model I immediately want to open the box and check out the stuff. Are there any training courses out there for those of us who can?t keep our hands off the boxes? :blush:

/Trackmaster

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeh, I have trouble with the “not opening the boxes” part as well.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i wish i could by a car and not play with it, but i cant so just give into the urge, its easier!:D

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

Shypo
      Participant

You think a normal caris hard.. Get a Voltz and a NUR in your hands… you will feel the pain then

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

z-beam
      Participant

http://groups.msn.com/bitchargoz/paintingmods.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=50

this is my beast, i think it’s priceless. only one in the whole world. whats rarer, your nur/voltz or my one off’s like the z-ute and camo Bb???

maybe the artworx we create are really more important than “limeted editions”. (10,000+models)

another idea: i used to buy a lot of comics for investment, not touching any of the real expensive ones and my most valuble one is a signed copy of the uncanny x-men. who conceived the modern bit? there signature on that voltz or nur could up the price by over 100 percent!!!

try a: bill gates signed x-box rally sport?!?!?

Shypo
      Participant

but the problem is.. you gotta take the car outta the box if u want the shell signed.. theres a catch 22 4 ya:shock:

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

z-beam
      Participant

you know that the packaging obsessed collectors are taking a huge gamble, you say that you look and even touch the box, well sunlight will fade the box,any light will do it in a matter of years. and those times you touched the box, especially the first sweaty moment off unwrapping it you left fingerprints that will slowly eat into the box, in about 10 years time there will be holes.

these factors are what makes a mint packaged item so damn valuble, not that the owner just never took them out of the box… comics and money and art fetch such high prices because there is no packaging.

so what can you do? my true collectibles are wrapped in acid free brown paper using cellotape and are kept up high in a cool,dry place well away from the sun.

and i’ve found that the only way to truely satisfy collector hunger at that level is buy 2! one gets wrapped up for investment, the other is opened up and enjoyed. bloody xpensiv tho…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.