thinkin on an Altezza

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      FreeLoader101
      Participant

hey.. i mite be able to get a bone stock altezza for fairly cheap.. but i dont really have a good access to hop ups.. but w/e.. are these things still fun stock? and how good it the altezza?? gimme sum help here!!

peace 🙂

GT-ahh
      Participant

they are heaps of fun stock, u can drift stock zs on a smooth surface…
      All stock zs are the same apart from the shell and the altezza shell looks mad.

I suggest you get some rechargable batteries and a peak charger or a charger that is capable of charging in an hour, Because u will go through so many sets of batteries. 😀

GT-ahh
      Participant

they are heaps of fun stock, u can drift stock zs on a smooth surface…
      All stock zs are the same apart from the shell and the altezza shell looks mad.

I suggest you get some rechargable batteries and a peak charger or a charger that is capable of charging in an hour, Because u will go through so many sets of batteries. 😀

Shypo
      Participant

I have a blue altezza.. it is an awesome shell. the long wheelbase is good. look in my gallery for the lowered pics of it

Shypo
      Participant

I have a blue altezza.. it is an awesome shell. the long wheelbase is good. look in my gallery for the lowered pics of it

FreeLoader101
      Participant

the guy quoted $140 CDN for it.. its used.. white altezza shell.. says he’s only used it a few times.. i think i can prolly bring him down a bit.. cuz i found it on ebay but he lives in my city.. so im plannin on skrewing over the bidders and gettin it first.. lol.. if i do get it what are the best hop ups for the price they cost? obviously an X speed is a standard upgrade

also i was lookin on Dinball and saw a bunch of different FETs all for the same price.. what do the different numbers mean? im very interested in the FET mods bcuz im in Electrical at my skool and im sure i could get cheap access to them.. also.. do the light kits have any special features? or are they just LED’s hooked up to a switch and battery.. with white ones for reverse being hooked onto the motor? if so then anyone buying these kist for $35 is being sorely ripped off.. i put underglow lights into my Canned Heat b4 i even had a sodering iron.. but i know i’ve just ranted on here.. lol.. oh yah.. are those 19 item hop up kits on ebay worth the $117 CDN?? if so then i guess my summer job money will be goin to my mini Z

FreeLoader101
      Participant

the guy quoted $140 CDN for it.. its used.. white altezza shell.. says he’s only used it a few times.. i think i can prolly bring him down a bit.. cuz i found it on ebay but he lives in my city.. so im plannin on skrewing over the bidders and gettin it first.. lol.. if i do get it what are the best hop ups for the price they cost? obviously an X speed is a standard upgrade

also i was lookin on Dinball and saw a bunch of different FETs all for the same price.. what do the different numbers mean? im very interested in the FET mods bcuz im in Electrical at my skool and im sure i could get cheap access to them.. also.. do the light kits have any special features? or are they just LED’s hooked up to a switch and battery.. with white ones for reverse being hooked onto the motor? if so then anyone buying these kist for $35 is being sorely ripped off.. i put underglow lights into my Canned Heat b4 i even had a sodering iron.. but i know i’ve just ranted on here.. lol.. oh yah.. are those 19 item hop up kits on ebay worth the $117 CDN?? if so then i guess my summer job money will be goin to my mini Z

FreeLoader101
      Participant

oh yah!! 2 more things.. do the wide rims fit under the altezza? or only the semi wide ones? and is there any white (powder coat/ceramic style)rims out there? i didnt see any on dinball..

2nd thing is.. do FETs hafta be put in a certain way?? and could i just solder more FETs onto the stock ones? or do the stock ones hafta be removed??

FreeLoader101
      Participant

oh yah!! 2 more things.. do the wide rims fit under the altezza? or only the semi wide ones? and is there any white (powder coat/ceramic style)rims out there? i didnt see any on dinball..

2nd thing is.. do FETs hafta be put in a certain way?? and could i just solder more FETs onto the stock ones? or do the stock ones hafta be removed??

Shypo
      Participant

Im not sure about the FETS but most upgrades are a matter of personal opinion in what you want in a car..
      wide rims fit but only if you leave the shell at stock height.
      I havent seen any powder coated rims around, you could probably just sand down alloys and then spray paint em white.

LED’s are a waste fo money unless ur racing in the dark alot.

Shypo
      Participant

Im not sure about the FETS but most upgrades are a matter of personal opinion in what you want in a car..
      wide rims fit but only if you leave the shell at stock height.
      I havent seen any powder coated rims around, you could probably just sand down alloys and then spray paint em white.

LED’s are a waste fo money unless ur racing in the dark alot.

FreeLoader101
      Participant

i wanna lower my shell.. can i still fit semi-wides under it? and if i did led’s i’d do it for looks and i’d do em myself.. i just wondered if theres any ones out with turn signals and all kinda of fancy things

actually…. turn signals would be really easy:shock:

hmmm..

mom says she’ll prolly buy me it for my b-day

i still need to find cash for upgrades tho
      heh heh..

oh yah!! ne one know of ne M5 shells for bits? i love M5’s

FreeLoader101
      Participant

i wanna lower my shell.. can i still fit semi-wides under it? and if i did led’s i’d do it for looks and i’d do em myself.. i just wondered if theres any ones out with turn signals and all kinda of fancy things

actually…. turn signals would be really easy:shock:

hmmm..

mom says she’ll prolly buy me it for my b-day

i still need to find cash for upgrades tho
      heh heh..

oh yah!! ne one know of ne M5 shells for bits? i love M5’s

GT-ahh
      Participant

u can’t put different fets ontop of the stock ones you have to remove them and put new ones in, they have to go in the same way to. FETs let you run faster motors and increase accelleration and make the car feel a whole lot more responsive, top speed is up abit too

GT-ahh
      Participant

u can’t put different fets ontop of the stock ones you have to remove them and put new ones in, they have to go in the same way to. FETs let you run faster motors and increase accelleration and make the car feel a whole lot more responsive, top speed is up abit too

Shypo
      Participant

I have semi Wide rims on my lowered Altezza

Shypo
      Participant

I have semi Wide rims on my lowered Altezza

FreeLoader101
      Participant

thx GT-ahh and shypo.. FETs are pretty easy to install eh? i just solder them onto eachother first and then onto the board..

i heard u can do up to 2 stacks of 7?

how do you lower just the shell??

FreeLoader101
      Participant

thx GT-ahh and shypo.. FETs are pretty easy to install eh? i just solder them onto eachother first and then onto the board..

i heard u can do up to 2 stacks of 7?

how do you lower just the shell??

GT-ahh
      Participant

u can stack 6×2 and it will fit….

be carefull soldering the fets tho….i think i may have destroyed a couple, with my $2 elcheapo solderin iron…. be quick and neat and u’ll be right

theres a guide to installing here.
      http://www.tokyotekki.com/mosfet.html

GT-ahh
      Participant

u can stack 6×2 and it will fit….

be carefull soldering the fets tho….i think i may have destroyed a couple, with my $2 elcheapo solderin iron…. be quick and neat and u’ll be right

theres a guide to installing here.
      http://www.tokyotekki.com/mosfet.html

FreeLoader101
      Participant

ok sounds good.. mom said she’ll pay only half:sad:

but i just so happen to have $70

weird…

ummm…. ne ways.. oh yah.. ne one know how to make a quick charger? chargers are facking expensive here:angry:

i got an old charger for a battery pack i could mess around with

FreeLoader101
      Participant

ok sounds good.. mom said she’ll pay only half:sad:

but i just so happen to have $70

weird…

ummm…. ne ways.. oh yah.. ne one know how to make a quick charger? chargers are facking expensive here:angry:

i got an old charger for a battery pack i could mess around with

FreeLoader101
      Participant

oh yah.. how much how much power can the in car PCB take?? i mite just build a high power battery pack and not bother with the seperate AAA’s but i need to know how much power to use.. lol

FreeLoader101
      Participant

oh yah.. how much how much power can the in car PCB take?? i mite just build a high power battery pack and not bother with the seperate AAA’s but i need to know how much power to use.. lol

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

High power battery pack??? If you go over 5 volts you risk frying the Rx circuit. It uses 4 cells, 4.8v. I cant really see anywhere that you could put other batteries on the z.

Mods?? Well i guess thats personal choice, ive spent about $250-300AUD on upgrades for my car, it smokes stock zeds.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

High power battery pack??? If you go over 5 volts you risk frying the Rx circuit. It uses 4 cells, 4.8v. I cant really see anywhere that you could put other batteries on the z.

Mods?? Well i guess thats personal choice, ive spent about $250-300AUD on upgrades for my car, it smokes stock zeds.

FreeLoader101
      Participant

i just so happen to have an old 4.8V battery pack.. iunno how much MaH tho.. prolly like 650 total.. bunk.. mom mite buy the batts for me.. i still need a charger tho.. and i aint payin $40 for a slow charger or $60 for a quick one.. its not like they do ne thing.. they just slow down how much power goes into ur batts.. i’ll make my own:evil:

muahahaha.. ne ways…

FreeLoader101
      Participant

i just so happen to have an old 4.8V battery pack.. iunno how much MaH tho.. prolly like 650 total.. bunk.. mom mite buy the batts for me.. i still need a charger tho.. and i aint payin $40 for a slow charger or $60 for a quick one.. its not like they do ne thing.. they just slow down how much power goes into ur batts.. i’ll make my own:evil:

muahahaha.. ne ways…

GT-ahh
      Participant

quick chargers are good cause i hate waiting for my batteries to charge….:D

FreeLoader101
      Participant

yah me too.. question is how to make one:dead:

meh.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I just use my dad’s orbit microlader pro, which is like 600 bucks and works awesome, with my cell cooler i can charge batteries in like 15 minutes.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.