Tire trueing the easy way!!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      zensx
      Participant

I noticed that my dremel’s cutting wheel adapter has a screw that will fit through the bits wheels with a little trimming, so I took a spare front and rear wheel and modified them to fit on the adapter. I can now take a light sanding block and true my tires. Works very well!

👿

DaveF
      Participant

Nice one. Must get me a dremel.

????????????????????????
      DaveF! 👿
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

z-beam
      Participant

good sh*t

Shypo
      Participant

i have never had the problem with my tires becoming untrue, how did u get the prob zensx?

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

the_bit
      Participant

what do u mean by tyre trueing

👿 LUKE 👿

Shypo
      Participant

just in case the tires become uneven they need to be re-trued, parts of the tire can become flat or hav chunks out of them or just plain scraped up. that is what an untrue tyre and what zensx sed is trueing the tire again

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

micro_Amps
      Participant

new tyres have ‘cast mould’ lines around them from where they came out of the cast. If you know what I mean. They dont sit flat on the floor.
      Good idea on the trueing idea.

I love my dremel….my BCGs tremble when they hear the dremel running, and with good reason too.:approve:

Barrelll
      Participant

how much is a dremel and wher abouts do you get them ?

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

dgs73
      Participant

hardware stores, ie. Mitre 10, etc. Approx $200 (AU), but they are a specialized tool, multiple attachments, so they have various applications…
      I dont think i’d have gotten one just for mods, but it gets alot of use at work too.:approve:

Barrelll
      Participant

ok cool, well i might pass on one then :smiley2:

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Shypo
      Participant

you can get one for $120 but they dont hav an attachement so that kinda defateas the purpose

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

PandaBear
      Participant

BCG tyres aren’t that flash as they come out of the box, but I think I get better results by:

1) turn them inside out

2) you’ll notice how much molding flash is leftover

3) trim them off – nailclipper works well

Voila, you’ll have much truer tyres without any sanding.

PandaBear
      Participant

Dremels are excellent tools for modelling (and 101 other uses), but watch out for:

A) BCG tyres aren’t designed for 37,000 rpm!!

B) the wheelrim you mount the tyre on has to be perfectly true, otherwise the tyre won’t be true either.

micro_Amps
      Participant

For the budget concious, there is a Dremel clone that is made by Ozito. The motor tool, the flexi drive shaft, the stand, and about 40 attachments for about $90 from Bunnings. If you buy all this as genuine Dremmel parts youd be paying about $400. Works just as good too.

I think I’ll trim just a bit more here…….:)

Shypo
      Participant

thanks for the Heads Up Micro amps. im soo gonna hav to go grab me one of those:D

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

micro_Amps
      Participant

They’re great.
      Once you have one you’ll find a thousand uses for it around the house.
      Indeed, just the other day I had a twinge in one of my lower left molars. Rather than book an expensive dentist appointment……..yes, really.

and another time my kitten looked like she had something in her eye, out with the trusty dremel.

she tends to bump into things now but I’m sure thats temporary

and before, when I couldnt eat cold food, well now I cant eat warm food either. But I wanted to lose weight anyway, and the dremel has given me the will power to get me there.

Wonderful tool, just wonderful. and so versatile

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Um right…….the dremel is great for *most* jobs. I got me 2 flexible shafts for $5

The world is mine

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      For the budget concious, there is a Dremel clone that is made by Ozito. The motor tool, the flexi drive shaft, the stand, and about 40 attachments for about $90 from Bunnings. If you buy all this as genuine Dremmel parts youd be paying about $400. Works just as good too.

There’s actually heaps of similar tools – they’re called generically “rotary tools” and yeah Ozito has one but so does Black & Decker, Arlec etc etc.

I’ve been using original Dremel for 20+ yrs; bought my current one just a few yrs ago when they had a variable speed model, max 37,000rpm with replaceable motor brushes (unique!). Dremel also has a cordless version now but this is heavier and slower.

Usually the shank on them are the same size (3/8?) so the bits can be swapped… most of the other brands’ bits are cheaper than the real thing. However original Dremel still has the best range of bits imho (but you *really* pay for them here in Oz). I go through a lot of cutting discs and sanding drums – and I’m never sure if the 3rd party ‘compatible’ stuff is rated at 37,000rpm…

Dremel the company has been around for 50 yrs and I like that they’re still around to supply spares and consumables. This Dremel’s Web Page! is worth a visit if just for the cute spinning world globe!

If you’re patient wait for a special… usually around Father’s Day.

GT-ahh
      Participant

my mate has a die-grinder now those things are the go..its powered by an air compressor..we use it to buff engine parts so the gaskets are seated properly.

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/
      custom shells, mods and tips

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Indeed, just the other day I had a twinge in one of my lower left molars. Rather than book an expensive dentist appointment……..yes, really.

Sorry uA… but imho the *only* thing better than a Dremel is… a REAL dentist’s high speed drill!!! 😀

Me grandpappy was a dentist… :blush:

Ok, its less portable certainly. And also gotta work around all those pesky patients coming in all the time, heck you’d think they’re in pain or something.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Um right…….the dremel is great for *most* jobs. I got me 2 flexible shafts for $5

Sounds like a good deal! 🙂

But to use the flexy extension… you really need that retort stand contraption “sold separately”, arrgh!! blackeye:

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.