PandaBear
      Participant

Anyone had a go at one of these yet??

AC2235a.jpg

Looks interesting…

Trackmaster
      Participant

Yep!

I bought both of the avilable ones, they?re quite amazing! They?re very heavy, real diecast cars with propotional speed and, as i reckon, proportional steering in two steps.
      I find it a little to complicated to drive the car at my Char-G track, would need a liiiitle more space to take advantage of the speed available.
      These cars are going to become collectors items I guess, maybe I should buy another set so I can play as well…:smiley2:

/Trackmaster

“If it ain?t broken, don?t try to fix it”

micro_Amps
      Participant

I also have one of these on order. It should be here in a couple more days. I enquired as to whether it is fully proportional controls, and was assured it is so I bought one.
      I’ll do a reveiw when I have it in my eager little hands.
      :)uA

Shypo
      Participant

and tell me if you can lower the shell aswell lol..cos the Altezza would look sweet lowered especially if its fast..

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

z-beam
      Participant

how old are the the patents?, thats if the box is in english.do these precede the v.o2 bits?

i wonder what would happen if you went full throttle into a brick?:D and can the shell be removed/replaced?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Dunno :question:
      Dunno :question:
      Dunno :question: (into a brick ! :shock:) 🙁
      and Dunno :question:
      But all will be revealed when it arrives.
      I am expecting it this week. 😀

:)uA

Hey trackmaster, how do you charge it and what is the speed like.
      Give us a rundown.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 27 April 2003 19:05:40

Trackmaster
      Participant

Hi guys

If you closely at the picture, to the right of the steering wheel, there is a black box. In a somewhat mysterious way you slide a door open and reveal the charging place. The car doesn?t easily stick to the plate, you have to have the control laying down while charging. The charging process takes approx. 2 minutes, then you just shift the power button on the car to ON and the same on the controller.

The speed is not remarkable in any way, but it feels great to have proportional speed in a car this small. The car itself is indeed very heavy, since it?s a diecast model, and despite this the handling is fantastic.

Sometimes I have found that the car loses contact with the controller, upon this the car just repeats what it was doing when the contact was lost. If I for example is turning the car and lose the contact, the car continues to turn. I wonder what would happen if I just ran the car at full speed away from me in a long corridor…?! 👿

Please make your own review when your car arrives, maybe you?ll find anything usable!

/Trackmaster

z-beam
      Participant

looks heaps like the keyence madtune.

PandaBear
      Participant

Is it related to the “Power Tomica” range??
      (runs off a N battery, no controls, diecast shell)

dgs73
      Participant

thats nuts!! What sort of size we lookin at here?? Im guessing 3 1/2inches… the weight of the die cast shell would slow it up abit, though it would have momentum on its side…
      PandaBear, you have a PM…:smiley2:

Shypo
      Participant

One q… wheres the Antenna on the car?

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Trackmaster
      Participant

I haven?t gone into the car yet, no antenna on the outside though…which I like!

/Trackmaster

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.