Tomy BCG Ebay auctions are no more ??

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

I know of 2 situations where ebay has cancelled auctions on its USA site for (rare and/or limited edition) Tomy bit char-g cars.
      Apparently some legal hassles were encountered and someone in the US is screaming copyright infringement (???), so the auctions got cancelled. How or why I’m not sure.
      I assume this does not count for ebay in other countries, so to sell BCGs on ebay you would have to register in a country other than the US and sell to the world that way.
      If anyone can shed any light on this situation it would be appreciated.
      :)uA
      P.S. Most of the asian region sellers were registered thru the US site, so their numbers ahve dropped off significantly.

Edited by – micro_Amps on 22 June 2003 21:56:21

TallduDe
      Participant

i bought a BCG off ebay a few weeks ago and after i paid for the item the ebay officails emailed me warning me not to pay for the item because it infringed on copyright!?#$%???

i got the BCG from the seller and it works fine.

also BCG stuff on ebay has fallen dramatically over the last few weeks there is hardly anything left to buy. is it cause of the copyright stuff sellers are no longer selling things on ebay???

barto_85
      Participant

what about microsizers? has there been any problem with them on ebay?

M_Coupe
      Participant

That’s such crap!!! How am I going to get my Super Bit Char-G’s now!?! Is this some Microsizer vs. Bit Char-G thing??? I’ve been wondering what was up? Does anyone know for sure?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Come to think of it, it is probably the American legal eagles from Hobbico complaining about Tomy stuff being sold in their neighbourhood, and thats where the copyright issue comes from.
      Just guessing on this one tho.
      I have bought via ebay previously and the sellers that I bought from are no longer there. I emailed one of the sellers to buy some more booster cars (for supplying to people fet modded) and they are still selling, just not on ebay. Its just a matter of dealing direct with them now. I *think* if you go through the Australian ebay site to sell BCGs, you wont have problems, but time will tell. You can select to sell internationally from any ebay site. Hopefully the word will spread amongst the sellers that registering on a different ebay site will get them up and selling again.
      :sad:uA

M_Coupe
      Participant

I wrote to one of the sellers that I had purchased from in the past. I have attached My email, and the response.

Hi

I had bought some Bit Char-G cars from you a while back, and I’m wondering if you can tell me what’s going on with Bit Char-G and E bay. It looks like they aren’t listing them anymore.

Thanks

Dave

Yes, the US retailers complained to Tomy about the right to sell Tomy Bit Char-g and the OEM issues. This leads to eBay seriously warned overseas sellers. I’m then holding many Bit Char-G here. If you want, I can sell them all to you at US$10 each (for ordinary models). The price is below the cost very very much.
      This is a good business to you for reselling in USA or even eBay. S/H depends on the quantity.

Email me if you are interested in.

Best wishes
      Joyneace

micro_Amps
      Participant

Wow, $10. They must be hurting. 🙁

M_Coupe
      Participant

I wrote back asking for an inventory and shipping estimates :D:D:D

GT-ahh
      Participant

someone wanna get me a cheap booster?

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      …would have to register in a country other than the US and sell to the world that way.

You don’t have to re-register, you can use your same login & password and it works worldwide (just need to purposely get to the different eBay country sites eg .com.au, .co.uk etc etc).

They’ll even convert the fees etc and bill you as normal via your home country’s account, no problems. EBay fees worldwide are pretty much roughly all the same after conversions.

shibby07
      Participant

guys its alright just go to toyeast.com or tinyrc.com or towerhobbies.com. I have lots more up my sleve but ya’ll might allready know of these. Just send me a private post and ill give info on more sites.

micro_Amps
      Participant

The only problem with those shibby is that toyeast charge like a wounded bull for postage, and the US sites charge US$20+ to get a BCG to Australia. Most of the asian sellers ship to Aus for US$12 or less.

Shypo
      Participant

I have noticed the massive decline in Bit Char-G’s for sale on ebay of late.. it went form like 14 pages to 8 down to 3…:shock:

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, the Australian ebay char g’s has gone up, theres nearly a full page of char g stuff today. maybe all the US people will have to sell in Australia rather than the US now.

Shypo
      Participant

^ i doubt it man.. i think its just kinda dead now and the US was its main buyer apart from maybe singapore or somewhere

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, we’re just having a boom of people who want to sell their stuff on ebay at the moment.

TallduDe
      Participant

also maybe the sellers are waiting for the new BCG’s to be available so they can sell them aswell.

remember its only like 3 days before the new range comes in.

maybe it will pick up then. fingers crossed.

M_Coupe
      Participant

Tower Hobbies only has Microsizers and they’re typically way behind Bit Char-G, but a good place I’ve used in the past is http://WWW.HLJ.COM (hobby link japan)

M_Coupe
      Participant

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. Please find below my stock at home (I?ve much more in the warehouse).

Below Bit Char-G model is for US$10.00

Code Qty on Hand

G01 2

G02 4

G03 6

G04 5

G05 2

G06 1

G12 2

G14 3

G15 1

G16 1

G17 2

G18 2

G19 2

G21 10

G22 7

G26 24

Below is for US$16.00

G07 1

G08 2

Below is for US$18.00

G11 2

G20 4

Below is for US$19.00

G25 5

Below is for US$21.00

Batt-Chase set 3

Pointer 5

BUS-01 2

Below is for US$25

(RC Die Cast)

vol.1 Unisia Jecs Skyline 3

vol.2 Advan Altezze 4

Below accessories/parts is for US$2.0

2.6 motor plenty

3.0 motor plenty

S10 black tire plenty

GS07 color tire plenty

GS03 Gear set plenty

GS04 Susp. Set plenty

S/H fees as below:

Quantity
      S/H Fees

1 US$8.00
      2 US$15.00
      3 US$22.00
      4 US$28.00
      5 US$34.00
      6 US$40.00
      7 US$40.00
      8 US$45.00
      9 US$50.00
      10 US$55.00
      11 US$55.00
      12 US$55.00

Thanks again for your email.

Best regards

Joynpeace

Shypo
      Participant

m_coupe care to share that dudes email?

TallduDe
      Participant

2 bucks for tires!!!
      25 bucks for die cast bits!!

i need that email badly! :D:D:D:D

micro_Amps
      Participant

I’m sure the other ex-ebay sellers are in a similar situation too.

ph2t
      Participant

How are we doing the orders M-Coupe? You gonna handle these or share us your email contact? (read: please please please please…..)

:approve:

ph2t.

Trackmaster
      Participant

Hey guys

Why not do I as did, as search on Ebay for this guy. This is what I found, could it be him?:
      http://members.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewUserPage&userid=Joynpeace

/Trackmaster

M_Coupe
      Participant

Sorry I forgot to include the e-mail address. You can reach them at joyjoynpeace@yahoo.com.hk

Let him know I sent you! Dave(Anubis328)

M_Coupe
      Participant

I’d love to send them to you myself, and start a business type thing going, but I was trying to justify the prices I’d have to charge to cover up the excess Shipping and there goes the good deal.

ph2t
      Participant

Thanks M, muchos gracias!

Barrelll
      Participant

just a quick note that bitchargoz are still on ebay. Also anyone after the new super char-g range can get them from http://www.bitchargoz.tk, altho that will posted in the next few days, if you want email them at bit_charg_oz@hotmail.com and reserve your preorder of the new cars.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.