Track width

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      RacerX
      Participant

What is a good width for a track I was thinking 6cm But I think that is to small

leonli17
      Participant

depends on what cars do u want to run on your track. but 6cm is small for any cars even the 1.0s need some thing like 15cm to run comfortablly.

barto_85
      Participant

i’d say at least 4 car widths, not sure what that is in centimetres.

DaveF
      Participant

For 1.0 motors I suggest a 17cm wide track (cut your track into 20cm squares, then draw your track inside that. This allows for space to attach your barriers to the board.

Make up a template of your smaller corner (with inside and outside curve) as it makes it easier to draw in the corners.

Drive your car around what you’ve drawn on your base board before you start cutting things out or sticking things on.

M_Coupe
      Participant

I heard to go with about 8 inches

DaveF
      Participant

8 inches is about 20cm.

8ch Ess Vee
      Participant

Yeah, I’d agree with Dave, 17 – 18cm is good. Mine ended up being 19 which is quite OK.

All depends on what you want I guess, but I would make all the inside radius of the corners similar to (or a bit smaller) the turning radius of the cars.

Eliminates a little of the skill needed, but also makes it easier and therfore more fun for more people.

jazza_1984
      Participant

my track is i guess about 18 cm wide, it works really well

Efarel
      Participant

Hi,
      my track is 20~25 cm wide and we can race 5 cars with 3.8 motors without problems.

greetings
      Efarel

http://www.bitcharitaly.tk

Shypo
      Participant

mine is 21cm wide on average and 15 at the skinniest point. it works well

DaveF
      Participant

Everyone showing off pictures of these tracks in the AusMicro Gallery I hope. =o)

barto_85
      Participant

no one puts anything in their galleries except me and you dave. they’re all too lazy, eg ph2t, has had the same 1 photo since the galleries started, and several havn’t even put any pics in.

DaveF
      Participant

That’s just too slack. Get your act together fellas. Lets see ’em.

M_Coupe
      Participant

I’ve been updating mine… just the track and car work has been going too slow to show too much in the gallery. My girls car broke down, and I’ve been helping her out. So there goes a LOT of my free time. But… I love her, so it’s cool.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

My track was about 16cm wide. Had lots of twisty bits, and vaseline on some of the corners :D:D with a 3.0 you could actually do big ass drifts and not spin out 👿

RacerX
      Participant

Oh yea I forgot to say I’ve got my gallery up! couple of pics and my layout for my web page is on it

z-beam
      Participant

i just bought 10 sheets of lego track and it works very nicely, bit pricey but u can change the layout in notime at all. and drifting is pure bliss on the non absorbant plastic with skatey lube!!!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I have a few pics id like to put on my gallery….like my porsche GT3 with headlights and rainbow neons….

dgs73
      Participant

still gotta get my pics up… width of my track is 250mm, made for sprints tho. The more techy track is 200mm

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.