tri cell problems

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      TallduDe
      Participant

hay everyone

i had two nanoracer clones at home and a few spare batteries, well you know it had to be done. so me and a mate(who can solder better then me) started to convert them to dual cells. the frist dual cell mod went great and still runs really fast.

this made us think of doing a tri cell mod. well it went even faster!
      the tri cell went well for a while then it started to die away. we have no idea what went wrong

all the wires are still in place and the charger is a 4 battery charger with new batteries. yet it doesnt run as well as its first go?

any ideas why it isnt running like it use to?

Smoke em up!

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yes, I have seen this in my bits but cant explain why. The motor will still run but only has a fraction of the power it had before.
      The motor is damaged in some way. If you change the motor it will run fast again, but that motor will probably burn out too.
      I have pulled apart the motors that have failed in this way (5 of them, 3×3.8s & 2×3.5s) and there is no obvious damage. If I put them back together they will run but still dont have much power like before.
      Very strange. I think it is only a poor quality motor that goes like this. I have other motors that I have given a really hard time and they have survived really well. Let me ask you a question tho….have you oiled this motor that has started to run slow? The motors of mine that failed were lubricated, and I think this may have had something to do with it. Not sure tho.
      Swap the motor with the other one and see how it goes and post the result.
      uA:)

ekwj
      Participant

the motor’s prolly fried.. hehe.. can’t handle too much power!! 🙂

The sky is the limit! |ekR34| http://www.ekr34.tk

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah micro_Amps it was the motor it was stuffed. thanxs for the help man. now if only ther was a way to make sure the motor didnt ‘burn out’ it was a cheap copy bit anyways, but the pronblem is the motor’s for bit char g’s dont fit into nanoracer cars!!!!!!!

does anyone know if any motors fit into nanoracers???????????????????????????????????????

Smoke em up!

TallduDe
      Participant

oh yeah 4got i didnt lub up the motor. and when i put the other motor in it it also burnt it out, they were really cheap cars so i guess its not worth it. only put two batteries on cheap clones not 3 or else u’ll just waste the motors in em.

Smoke em up!

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

must have been fun while it lasted though!!!!!!!:D

49 MHz Honda S2000
      2 Clone Mazda RX7’s
      Lots of spare stuff…

jazza_1984
      Participant

yeah sounds like it would have been a blast!

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah it was great.

the thing drifted like you wouldnt believe!!! it also danced on its tail, like it would spin on its rear wheels whilst doing donuts!!!

it was cool. it has to be done but have a few spare motors handy!!!

again does anyone know anything about nanoracers???

Smoke em up!

ekwj
      Participant

nanoracers? anyway you should take a video… the next time you decide to fit tricells on your bcg!! that way we can all see the drifting action! 🙂

The sky is the limit! |ekR34| http://www.ekr34.tk

Shypo
      Participant

Nano racers are clone BCG sold at strathfield car radio stores

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.