What should the next bit body be

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

Pick a car

M_Coupe
      Participant

I don’t really want to see any of those. The Grand National was fast, but really didn’t look that great, I hated the last generation Mustang (before they threw some angles back in it), and I’m not too into the other two cars either.

I’d love to see a WRC edition
      We’ve already got the Impreza and the Lancer, but maybe bring in the Focus, Xzara, 206, and whatever.

And of course I’d LOVE to see my car (the BMW M Coupe), but I’d settle for the M3 E36 or E46.

barto_85
      Participant

Out of them I’d most like to see the Eclipse.

VR-4
      Participant

how about this a 03 focus zx3 with a xeon body kit next gen euro light the kind that are circles and look like there comeing outta the car. not a fan of the hatchbacks but the car dus look good and i think it would be a nice bit body.

thanks for the idea m

M_Coupe
      Participant

I work at a Ford Dealer, so I had to bring up the Focus Rally car :smiley2:, plus, the track I’m working on has some rally inspiration.

DarkTari
      Participant

Sorry, None Of The Above…….

F40, Diablo, 89′ Porsche Slantnose Turbo

VR-4
      Participant

porshe would be good but sorry ta say the diablo in bigt from wouldent look good its to wide and long 🙁

M_Coupe
      Participant

I agree… I don’t like that they’re going so far out into the exotics… they don’t really have the shape and they end up looking Forced.

VR-4
      Participant

yeah

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, a focus would look good, has anyone done one?

VR-4
      Participant

makeing a acord as we speak look like a focus. goin off my friends zx3. im gonna do the same body kit he has. so far its lookin good

Shypo
      Participant

S15 200sx, sil80-, Toms Chaser JGTC, 180sx, Silvia, the E46 M3 or M5, Crx Del sol, Civic Coupe and I would lovvvee an Rx3

barto_85
      Participant

perhaps a big dodge ute, or an old Ford GT or old Holden Monaro, just something old and tough.

Admin
      Participant

M_Coupe may work in a Ford dealership, but he has his generations all wrong. The 93 Cobra was the last year of the 87-93 body style. It’s the 94 that went all wussy with their probe style mustang.

I own a 93 GT convertible, and would love to see a 93 Cobra bit. I was very upset to learn that the ZZ’s have new style stang. Given the number of mustangs my family has owned over the years, it’s a shame that my bit can’t reflect it properly. Hot damn, gimme my 5.0

No, scratch that. Make it a 1965 Shelby G.T. 350. The only car to ever make me cry when my dad sold it to buy our first house. 🙁

Edited by – X_I_Ted on 27 June 2003 17:27:53

TallduDe
      Participant

those cars are cool but what about a 64 mustang or as X_I_Ted said in his post a 1965 shelby cobra like the one from gone in 60 seconds no thats a hot mustang.

but i wouldnt mind seeing a S15 silvia

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Classic Japanese.

Early Celica, RX-3 or4, C10 Skyline, 240Z, Subaru 360, even a Datsun Sunny.

Those at least have a chance of being made (since Tomy has no interest in US cars). Only US car I’d like to see (that Tomy have a chance of making) would be a Viper.

For Euro cars, I’d love a Lancia Stratos or Delta.

A Shelby Cobra isn’t a Mustang. The Mustang is a Shelby 500.

M_Coupe
      Participant
      Quote:
      M_Coupe may work in a Ford dealership, but he has his generations all wrong. The 93 Cobra was the last year of the 87-93 body style. It’s the 94 that went all wussy with their probe style mustang.

Your right bro, sorry about that. I’d really like to see the 05′ though. That’s looking sharp in the mags.

barto_85
      Participant

Yeah a dodge would be good, perhaps a set including a diablo, 360, and a viper.

VR-4
      Participant

ok how about the 65 shelby cobra with the 428 cobra jet. but flat out the escudo pikes peek needs to be in bit form or the GT40

VR-4
      Participant

94 was the year ford lost me on the mustang fox body was pre 86 tho just diff bumpers

Shypo
      Participant

we aint gonna get any car with a bodykit…

also anything before 2000 has no chance either

M_Coupe
      Participant

Shypo… we’ve got the pre 2K Skylines :smiley2:

I’d love to see a last generation MR2 too… They were sharp!

M_Coupe
      Participant

I was also thinking the Miata (Enos) would be pretty cool. Then you could throw down some fights between the Enos and the S2k! RAGTOP WARS!!!

VR-4
      Participant

benz slk kompressor would be cool or a lotus elis sports road car version

BilboFOL
      Participant

Boss 302
      Mach 1
      67 Barracuda Fastback
      Superbird/Daytona
      2003 Intrepid
      3 series BMW and Lexus
      Triumph TR7/TR8
      A/M Vanquish
      AMC Javelin
      AMC AMX
      AMC Eagle SX4
      Dodge Dart/Plymouth Valiant
      Plymouth Duster/Dodge Demon
      Pontiac Grand Prix
      Chevy Monte Carlo
      Ford Taurus
      Mercury Couger
      VW Jetta
      VW Golf
      Dodge Viper
      Dodge Copperhead (wait they haven’t released it yet.)
      Avanti
      54 Studibaker
      55-57 Nomad

VR-4
      Participant

nice list

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Pre-2K cars we have (and they’re still coming):

Dome-0, KPGC110, R32, R34, Accord, bB, F-40, 512BB, Countach, Jota, Diablo, RX-7, Celica, Gloria, NSX, Supra… and probably more I can’t think of now.

Shypo
      Participant

but how high on the chassis do the damn things sit:angry:

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, not very happy about that :angry:

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

They could just make them ugly like Zip Zaps 😀

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, I guess thats a good thing, Zip Zaps look terrible.

M_Coupe
      Participant
      Quote:
      Pre-2K cars we have (and they’re still coming):

Dome-0, KPGC110, R32, R34, Accord, bB, F-40, 512BB, Countach, Jota, Diablo, RX-7, Celica, Gloria, NSX, Supra… and probably more I can’t think of now.

The R34, Celica, bB, and NSX are current models

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Celica is a 98 car, as is the R34, and bB goes back to 2000ish, the NSX dates back to 1990, but the minor update replicated by Tomy is a 2002 model.

R34 is not current, the last R34’s rolled off the production line in late ’02.

Anyway, there is definately an influx of older bodies at the moment.

M_Coupe
      Participant

LOL… I know they started back in the day, but they are still current cars… Like the C5 Vette… Started in 97, but still being produced. I didn’t think the R35 was out yet, thought it was still a prototype.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

The R35 has been out in the US for some time as the Infinity V35. GT-R (no longer to be baged as a Skyline) is about a year away, US gets 5.x litre V-8, rest of world 3.5 Turbo 6.

The Morgan 4/4 is still in production, and it dates back to the 30’s, point is we really have to take release date rather than demise date…

barto_85
      Participant

wow, sounds good, how do they look?

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

This is the 2 door that will be the basis of the next GT-R

http://www.infiniti.ca/eng/models/g35coupe/index.html

I assume you mean Skyline and not the Morgan.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah i meant the skyline, thanks.

barto_85
      Participant

This is the one I had seen, it looks similar but without the traditional 4 circle lights at the back. At this site it mentions that it might be badged as the infiniti in the US.
      http://www.jbskyline.net/V35/GTR/

M_Coupe
      Participant

The Infiniti is a platform of the Fairlady Z (350Z) the 35 isn’t for R35, it’s for 3.5 as in the 3.5 liter motor. Set the coupe next to the Fairlady and you can barely tell the two apart.

I do understand what you’re saying, oldtamiyaphile, but you can’t necessarily say that they’re pre y2k cars either, because they haven’t been replaced. Like with the NSX, I know, and you know that externally it only got a face lift. Looks very much like all NSXs in existance, but in the same note, you cannot claim that it’s a 1993.

I’m not saying you’re wrong in your thinking, but when Tomy was out choosing it’s vehicles, the
      R34 WAS the newest Skyline on the street. Not like when they decided to release the older Skylines.

I’d much rather see the Morgon Aero 8 anyway! :smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

is the Morgan Aero 8 the car that looks old school?

M_Coupe
      Participant

Holy Hell!!! Oldtamiyaphile, I just checked the Japanese Nissan site, and verified what you said about the Infiniti being the U.S. Skyline (http://skyline2.nissan.co.jp/index3.html)

What were they thinking?!? They completely killed the look of the origional!!!

You just ruined my day :angry:

barto_85
      Participant

yeah thats what I was saying earlier, it doesn’t even have the 4 circle lights.

M_Coupe
      Participant

Seriously! …and how could they use the Fairlady platform?

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant
      Quote:
      Holy Hell!!! Oldtamiyaphile, I just checked the Japanese Nissan site, and verified what you said about the Infiniti being the U.S. Skyline

Eventually, you’ll just get used taking everything I say as fact 😛

The GT-R will look quite different, It’s no longer called Skyline, just Nissan (or Infinity) GT-R, and it does get the traditional four stove burner tail lights. It’s not really that they’re using the Fairlady base, because the Skyline actually came first, and the GT-R will be a bit bigger than Fairlady, as well as heavier and of course ATTESA-ETT AWD. But even Nissan is worried about the simularity.

Edited by – oldtamiyaphile on 05 July 2003 19:40:59

M_Coupe
      Participant

I was talking to a friend earlier that was told me about the GT-R seperating from the Skyline name. Said it’s supposed to be even more out there than the last one. Like a $100,000 Ferrari killer.

Barto, the Morgon Aero 8 is an old looking car. Morgan actually still used petrified wooden frames for their vehicles. I guess they’re supposed to be hardcore strong and light.

barto_85
      Participant

Yeah I read somewhere too that it is going to be even more out there than the last one. Sounds good.

Admin
      Participant

I would like to see the A-Team van:D
      Or how about the old Batmobil, that would kick some serious ass:evil:
      Tjeck out the new Microsizers Europe Mercedes Benz CLK 55 AMG and Lotus Europa Classic LE
      http://www.racetin.dk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=754
      There is more at http://www.microsizers.de

zensx
      Participant

I would like to see a lancia stratos. I would also love to see a Z car set with the 240,280, and 300Z

Impreza
      Participant

focus:) Then I would not have to make one:( Need it for my rally collection…

Grand National from the list I guess?

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i would really like to see the Focus aswell, i just bought one and wouldnt mind seeing a mini r/c version.

i wouldnt mind seeing more European cars either, im surprised tomy hasnt made a BMW or mercedes yet

NSR34
      Participant

any of those bodies would be mad, but hows about a S13 Silvia or as someone sed b4, a sileighty or 200 SX or even 180 sx 😀 just my say.

barto_85
      Participant

I wouldn’t mind a few lexus’. maybe some bmw’s. a toyota soarer or the lexus equivalent.

Admin
      Participant

Hi im new to this forum, so i dont know much….but all i can say is that i love german cars!! and da 1 car i would love 2 have is the BMW E30 M3 Sport EVO!! and i hope dey make that body, and im sure all the german car lovers like myself would buy it in a heartbeat!! {:D}

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF A REALLY, REALLY, REALLY COOL ONE THAT THEY SHOULD DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Drum Roll* Acura Integra Type R

I would love to see an integra bit, i think it would look, as shypo would say, PIMP

Admin
      Participant

Hi all i’m a new member.
      I’ve read all posts and among all the cars you have mentioned….how about a Jaguar E type (the old 60s model of course)?
      Bye
      Fabry

peteWah
      Participant

(HISTORY SETS A MUST) i pesonally would love to see a mazda rx7 history set, a toyota supra and or celica & mr2 history sets.
      and maybe a commodore or manaro & falcon history sets….
      As all of you know there would be more than 3 shells even 4 in a box with these sets alone.
      you know just like the nissan skyline set…..
      What do you all think.
      PRAR:pcd79
      :D:D:smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

I think they should have a GTR 33 as well in that history set.

peteWah
      Participant

and a 31, but that would make 5 in the set…
      :pcd79

Kerosene
      Participant

I’d like to see some old 60s and 70s euro cars. Benzs, Peugeot 404/504, those tiny tiny Fiats, Citroen 2CVs etc… something a bit more interesting than all these japanese ‘muscle’ cars. Or at least some vintage Hondas and Datsuns would be cool.

Viewing 59 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.