WHERE ABOUTS?!?

Home Forums General Chat WHERE ABOUTS?!?

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author
      dgs73
      Participant

THANX TO PANDABEAR & CRANGA FOR THEIR QUICK RESPONSE…
      SANDPAPER?! WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?? 1000 GRADE SHOULD DO THE TRICK…
      LIVE IN THE WILDS OF SYDNEY, NTH WEST. IM GUESSING MOST IMPORT PLACES
      ARE LOCATED AROUND THE CITY/ CHINATOWN AREA… LOCATION (& COST OF PARTS) ARE NO ISSUE!!

:p

DAVID GOEFFREY SAWELL

PandaBear
      Participant

Well, looking at the markups… if you’re buying a fair amt of stuff, I’d suggest perhaps an economy airfare to Hong Kong might be the way to go. Might work out cheaper!! 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

THANX PANDA, KEEN BUT NOT THAT KEEN!!
      NOT THAT MUCH EXTRA, JUST A COUPLE OF IMPORT
      BODIES, SOFT TYRES AND 1.0 AND 3.0 MOTORS…
      DONT MIND THE TRECKING FOR EM, JUST HATE
      WASTING MY TIME.

DAVID GOEFFREY SAWELL

DaveF
      Participant

The online hop that supports this forum is UK owned but Aussie run/based I think.

TradingDirect. Check it out. i think they have the stuff you mentioed, and they’re approved by this forum.

DaveF! 👿
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

PandaBear
      Participant

Sounds like David wants a bricks-n-mortar Shop, Dave. :shy:

Otherwise with online shopping, doesn’t matter if its around the world or around the corner, the buyer’s effort is pretty much the same.

dgs73
      Participant

Actually found shells in Gladesville, but motors, etc. are going to have to be purchased online, me thinks.
      Also found undercoat to be a pretty good racing surface… tops grip on corners at speed!!!
      Gonna check out that Trading Direct link, cheers for that. What sort of time for delivery are we talking here??( being that they’re an Aussie company.)

DaveF
      Participant

Undercoat. And readily available in tarmac grey too. Nice one.

DaveF! 👿

Cranga
      Participant

2 days usually, if the parts are in stock, but email them, they take like half an hout to get back to you.

Bap Bap Bap

Shypo
      Participant

in chinatown in sydney there isnt alot of places whcih sell BCG and if they do there prices are outrageous i.e $130 for a NSX-R.

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

dgs73
      Participant

Very pricey, yes… maybe worth the extra dollars for a 35 or 57MHz(or both), but an extra 80?? I would like to grab at least one BCG
      though, cost aside. Though if $130 is average, I dont like to think how much the Castrol Supra would be!! (Actually have aspirations of owning the NuR Skyline, I should wake up & stop dreaming, eh??)

Cranga
      Participant

Do you have a toyworld around where you live?
      They didnt have any bcg’s when i went there but they had about 70 cyclona’s which i could not believe, seeing so many colours and frequencies! only for $30 each, all different colour rims and everything, i might just get these from now on, keep busting up parts on my bcg’s!

Bap Bap Bap

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

The cyclona’s don’t have the quality of workmanship though……..

*shrugs shoulders*

Just my opinion

*grins*

Impreza
      Participant

I would have to agree with Kitty, Cyclona’s can be good or bad:( I have one of each. I suggest holding on to your receipt just in case.

Impreza :smiley16:

Cranga
      Participant

Yeah? oh well i guess i might just keep my to the bcg’s and not worry about imitations,

Bap Bap Bap

Impreza
      Participant

Sorry Cranga, don’t get me wrong. Some clones are great, but some are not so great. I have lots (prob too many) of clones that I use for parts, trying out mods, launching off coffee tables etc.. They are great for the simple reason that they cost less than bcg’s and are usually easier to find. So if you screw up a mod or smash up a car while trying a new stunt, you are not left to cry over it (too much). I would read some of the old forums and find out which clones check out the best and buy at least one, even if it is to use for parts or to rip apart to see how these little buggers work:P

Sometimes you can even end up with a fast motor or a cool body (without the usually poor decal job).

If you are still unsure if you are getting a gem or a lemon when buying a clone, just ask, someone will gladly let you know:)

Cranga
      Participant

😀
      Thats ok imprezza, ive bought 2 nanoracer clones and the motors in them go like a 3.0 and with the torque of a 1.0, i agree with you that the quality is something but poor:sad:, but as you said they are great to experement with, as i have done, by using them for such things as planes and play mice for the cats!

Bap Bap Bap

Impreza
      Participant

Planes? got pics? Love to see some more plane mods:)

Cranga
      Participant
      Quote:
      Planes? got pics? Love to see some more plane mods:)

Dont have digi camers, ne of my mates do so ill get em up.

Bap Bap Bap

Impreza
      Participant

NP, I only have film as well, didn’t get the xmas present I was hoping for:(

DaveF
      Participant

BCGs can be a little hit and miss. Some are great, some are good, and some are only ok. I have 4 and 2 are not behaving to my expectations. They’re still good, but the other 2 are excellent.

Sounds like the clones can be even more hit and miss. They can be anything from great to a dud even fresh out of the box.

DaveF! 👿

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

Think I will stick to the originals.

:smiley2:

Cranga
      Participant

Yeah, for me its origionals for the show cars and the cheapies for the experimental cars:smiley2:

Bap Bap Bap

Shypo
      Participant

i cant bring myself to bring a clone, the swtickers are just toooo cheezy

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Impreza
      Participant

Peel them off. The PEUGEOT 206 Bensu bullet clone is a sweet car:) I saw that toyeast
      added some others that you may want to look thru.

Shypo
      Participant

yeah that and a ferrari i have seen on toyeast was very cool but i would have to get to it with sum scissors SRAIGHT AWAY

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Impreza
      Participant

You could always soak the decals off in some soap and H20. May not want to risk scratching the body.

Shypo
      Participant

i just peel mine off, its easier and then if theres some residue i just use soapy water

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

DaveF
      Participant

Which car with the Ferarri body fits the BCG?

DaveF! 👿

Shypo
      Participant

the 360 Huale Ferrari, its under clones at toyeast

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

z-beam
      Participant

can everybody out there keep tabs on where the clones are at? toy world is a franchise so one shop has access but others dont know what your on about. i live in between brisbane and coffs harbour and when i’m not on the road i cant get what i need. so to help newby’s lets use this topic to post clone sightings, and maybe Ausmicro could get us bit heads to stick advetising material up at local toy vendors as well. I definatly would support the forum in such a way.

PandaBear
      Participant

Toyworld is a franchise, but I’m told they have centralised purchasing.

dgs73
      Participant

Toyland in Ryde just recieved new Cyclona stock, funny enough, some of the Toyota Bb have a pretty detailed paint job, flames etc. and no dodgy decals!!

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.