Why we Postponed the RaceDay

Home Forums General Chat Why we Postponed the RaceDay

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I’m sorry to say that the RaceDay scheduled for the 21st of June 2003 at Springwood NSW has had to be Postponed.

Why?
      Well Derek and I have been struggling with some issues relating to the venue and its preparation for the big event.

It’s become very clear to us that as the big day has gotten closer and closer these problems would have lead to the Race Day simply not living up the high standards that we would like for our ausmicro.com members.

So instead of having people travelling for hours and having a sub-standard experience we’ve decided to POSTPONE the meet until we know everything will fall correctly into place.

So the Prizes, The planning, and all the little things we’ve worked out for the event will be held onto until we re-schedule!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Shypo
      Participant

damn…

Keymaster

You’re telling me blackeye: I feel like the Smiley – well and truely beaten up :angry:

--
      Site Owner Guy.

KittyKatSmack
      Participant

You don’t wanna know what I feel like…

Besides a lot shorter on cash!!!!

*grumbles*

:8ball:

Derek
      Participant

Some days just seem to be better than others, ya know? Yesterday was “one of those” days for me.

[*] Woke up late.
        [*] Struggled to get the family out of the door for work/school.
        [*] Heavy traffic on the highways into work.
        [*] Started with a tough meeting with senior management and was off-balance for the rest of the day.
        [/list]

…and if the first 3hrs weren’t challenging enough….

[*] Discovered more problems with the race venue in Springwood and had to have an urgent “GO / NO-GO” telephone meeting with Aaron (who was 300km/186miles away having his own crisis).

As you all know (and thanks for the emails), we decided to hold back the big race day that was scheduled for Saturday. Having seen the member enthusiasm towards the event, it was arguably the toughest decision we’ve had to make for ausmicro.com since the site hack late last year.

At the risk of sounding like we’re “pissing in your pockets”, the issues at hand would not have made for the day you were expecting – or deserved.

But….

We’ve learned some lessons.
        We’ve built a bridge (…got over it!)
        We’re keener than ever to have the big race day.

It’s going to happen. We’ve been looking forward to it as much as you.

Stay tuned.

Derek blackeye:

barto_85
      Participant

even though I can’t make it to the race day because I live in Brisbane, I’m sure everyone will understand that you’re postponing it in everyones best interests.

dgs73
      Participant

damn. This has its upside for me though, parts will be here in time now. Will be looking forward to it happening in the end… 😀

ms char-ged
      Participant

if there is anyone who’ld be let down, it would definately have to be me, all this trouble for nothing, i’m glad i actually was on the net, today, otherwise i would be off on another journey to springwood all for nothing, what short notice!!!!!!!!!

Shypo
      Participant

at least I can get all my stuff before this1 and organise a bit better..

GT-ahh
      Participant

So when do you think this will be reschedualed for?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Aaron and Derek, good on you for postponing it if you felt it was a no go. The last thing people want is a half ar$ed, hastily organised meeting that they come away from feeling dissapointed.
      Good to see you making the decisions that will ultimately improve the quality of the meet when it does happen.
      :)uA

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah this way it makes people want it more…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.