x speed motor and fets

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      L337_krew
      Participant

how fast does 6x fets with an x speed motor go roughly?…would it exceed 45 km/h?

Shypo
      Participant

I honestly doubt it.
      even with a 10×2 stack i dont think it would.

VR-4
      Participant

maybe 19mph with really good cells the right gearing and useing no alu. parts

lets face it the x speed is a pos. no berings ect. my little $10 plasma dash eats the x speed alive so dus my ultra dash and that was only $5

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      how fast does 6x fets with an x speed motor go roughly?…would it exceed 45 km/h?

Nah sorry mate, try buying a tamiya plasma dash if you want speed.

An x speed with 6×2 fets would be no slower than one with 10×2 fets.

It only matters how many fets you have when you start dealing with big power, however an upgrade to 2×2 or 3×2 will see more power and speed from an x speed motor, only because the standard FETS are McBullsh*t and can only JUST handle the x speed motor.

With A fet mod, 9-tooth pinion, and x speed, expect around 30km/h.

VR-4
      Participant

only way a x speed will be fast is if ya kick the car, its a 50 turn its like a 1.8 in a real car and the plasma is like a 5.0 and the orion big block is like a 6,000 hp eng outta a top fule dragster.

x speed is about $25 usd the plasma is about $12 usd and if you dont wanna spend alot get a ultra dash for about $5 usd and its alittle slower than a plasma dash but alot faster than a x speed. just changed the brushes in all but the plasma

L337_krew
      Participant

is that motor for mini z?
      the tamiya plasma dash ?

L337_krew
      Participant

and how much fast does it go wid a 6x2fet mod?

VR-4
      Participant

the plasma is a way better motor than any mini z motor. it was made for small 4wd cars that ran on 2 aa batt’s in a track but there the same size and seem to work better in mini z’s.

6X2 will be alot faster than stock. on my z im running 20X2 and i just put the fet stacks on the pcb cover. if you wanna do somthing more than 6 i found out a good way on how to hook them up

L337_krew
      Participant

so wats it called?
      does any shop in australia sell it?

VR-4
      Participant

they might there tamyia moters just ask the shop if they sell tamyia mini 4wd parts and if they do the biggest you can use without fets is a hyper dash and you need 2X6 fets for a plasma dash.

if they dont sell it just go to http://www.towerhobbies.com and search up “mini4wd” and get the part number from the moters then call a few local shops and see if they have or they can order them

Keymaster

So let me get this straight in my head.
      Tamiya Mini4WD motors are:

Hpyer Dash (slowest of their ‘hot’ motors)
      Ultra Dash (mid-range)
      Plasma Dash (Top range – best!)

I’ve seen these in most online stores just never knew what order they went in for performance.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

VR-4
      Participant

heres from what i remember there might be a few i forgot

jetdash i think its green
      torq tuned
      atomic tuned gray endbell
      mech dash
      hyper dash red end bell
      ultra dash black end bell
      plasma dash opend gray end bell

i’ll check up and get a full list and post there spec’s in a new trend named mini4wd motors

Keymaster

Cool. Sounds like there’s more motors int he range than there are burgers at McDonalds 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

VR-4
      Participant

only bad thing is there brushes suck. so you can swap them for the stock brushes rom the mini z or buy the pn racing brushes. the plasma has nice brushes

Nismospeed
      Participant

try…http://www.rcmart.com…they shipp ww..and the currency can be changed….mini z parts are cheap!!

PandaBear
      Participant

This seems to be the current lineup…

ITEM 15131 (GP131) Mach-Dash Motor
      ITEM 15133 (GP133) Rev-Tuned Motor
      ITEM 15134 (GP134) Torque-Tuned Motor
      ITEM 15186 (GP186) Plasma-Dash Motor
      15186.gif
      ITEM 15215 (GP215) Atomic-Tuned Motor
      ITEM 15225 (GP225) Touch-Dash Motor
      ITEM 15256 (GP256) Hyper-Dash 2 Motor

And I’ll be darned… they DO sell brushes for the Plasma.
      “94387 AO-1009 Brush Holder Set for Plasma-Dash Motor”
      94387.jpeg
      But its “Japan Only”… :dead:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

For the price of these babies you may aswell replace the whole motor rather than buy brushes.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

For the price of these babies you may aswell replace the whole motor rather than buy brushes.

PandaBear
      Participant

Can’t say I’ve used them a lot, but the one stuck in the Beat Magnum does leave quite a bit of carbon filings at the air-vent. (I’ve cut airscoops pointing into the motor for cooling, this thing sucks 4A from the AAs…!)

Probably only have done 15-20 runs on the track and the brushes in that one are about 1/2 gone.

But yeah, don’t know how much they charge for the brush kit… but @ $20ea the motors aren’t exactly cheap.

Dare say a Mini-Z with 4.8V will work the motor even harder. blackeye:

Now if someone tells me they’ve got comm lathes for 130 motors… WHY won’t I be too surprised??! :evil::evil::smiley2:

PandaBear
      Participant

Can’t say I’ve used them a lot, but the one stuck in the Beat Magnum does leave quite a bit of carbon filings at the air-vent. (I’ve cut airscoops pointing into the motor for cooling, this thing sucks 4A from the AAs…!)

Probably only have done 15-20 runs on the track and the brushes in that one are about 1/2 gone.

But yeah, don’t know how much they charge for the brush kit… but @ $20ea the motors aren’t exactly cheap.

Dare say a Mini-Z with 4.8V will work the motor even harder. blackeye:

Now if someone tells me they’ve got comm lathes for 130 motors… WHY won’t I be too surprised??! :evil::evil::smiley2:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

LOL looks like this motor ain’t gunna last long.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

LOL looks like this motor ain’t gunna last long.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.