Zip Zap Ford Falcon FPV GT Ute

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • Author
      oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I wanted to have the first Aussie Micro car, but those dam HSV’s beat me to it. This is going on my ‘ultimate micro’ dual cell/ MOSFET/ propo chassis.

1-1-5.jpg
      1-2-1.jpg

It’s still pretty rough in the pics. It’s getting painted in XC Cobra colours, with the snake on the toneau cover. I’ll probably do a Holden Cross 8 next.

Edited by – oldtamiyaphile on 20 June 2003 17:25:44

barto_85
      Participant

that looks really good, should look really good once its painted.

Shypo
      Participant

looks sweet dude.. I reckon you shoudl lower it..

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

It’s going to get some dubs, that will get it down in the weeds.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I WANT ONE SOOOOOOO BAD!!! Please make an XR6 Turbo 🙂

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

All my bodies will be cast in resin, painted and sold. You’ll have to find your own ZZ though (or stretch a Bit – Maybe use the HSV cars).

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

YES YES, i will buy if you make an XR6 Turbo 🙂

VR-4
      Participant

kinda looks like a elcameno. you need ta put so 24 in larenzos on it or some dubs or better yet make those zz hub caps keep spinning when you stop then make a escalade body

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

nice… good detail, i love the wheels

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

OTP are yu making a Flacon XR6 Turbo???? PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEE DO!!!!!!

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

You never know. I decided to take this one closer to reality with correctly profiled sides, added side skirts to get rid of some of that air under the car, so I haven’t even done this one yet 🙁

Keymaster

So how’s progress?

What colour will it end up being? Please say Blueprint or Blood Orange 😉

Is there a XR6T on the horizon? would be nice to get a doppleganger for the 1:1

*laughs* Jamie you have to control the drooling… I know there’s at least 2 in Tasmania (http://www.fordxr6turbo.com has at least two members on the floating state)… I’ll dob you in as the person that keeps leaving finger prints on their windows 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

It’s actually finished. I plan on debuting it in show us your bits, but I can’t get my printer working to print out those cards…

It’s a custom mixed pearl orange that was inspired by a recent GT ad in Wheels. I got the stripe kit too 🙂

I’m not really happy with it, but don’t much feel like re-doing it. Zips don’t handle very well.

NSR34
      Participant

oldtamiyaphile, what other sweet cars have you got in development ? would you think about creating an old Torana slr or something ? monaro ?please do and i’ll but the lot 😀

DaveF
      Participant

oldtamiyaphile, perhaps do any future bodies for the Bit. Especially seeing as they’re easier to get in Aus land. I won’t bombard you with suggested bodies to make, but let me know if you start producing more Ford shells – I’ve got a mate who’s Ford mad.

Aaron, some days you crack me up. Leaving finger prints. hahahaaaa.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I AM FORD MAD!!

Keymaster

*laughs* Hey DaveF we should put bets on that Jamie shorts out his keyboard when I eventually pick up the new car (it’s nearly in grasp) and post some photos 🙂 👿 ….

*laughs* the funny thing is the Tasmanian guys are actualyl complaining of finger and face prints on their cars when they’re left parked!

A.

Edited by – Aaron on 23 September 2003 14:33:05

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Short out my keyboard?? cream my panties?? haha almost. I love XR6 Turbos they are an absolutely fantastic bang for buck car, and with the 330kw engine chip and a new exhaust its a supercar.

Keymaster

Totally kidnapping this thread now – Jamie what your Fav colour for the XRs?

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Ohhhh gee, I like alot of colours, Citric Rush, Phantom Purple (looks hell tuff). What colour are you getting??

Keymaster

Blueprint 😉 It was a toss up between Blood Orange or Blueprint.. I settled on Blueprint with eh Blueprint interior…

The Blood Orange would match the red turbo badge better though – *grins* – but I think the Blueprint is better for resale and if I end up giving it too my dad I think he’d like the Blueprint better 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

If Tandy bring the Zip to Oz, then I’ll consider selling the BA and it would be easy enough to do a sedan as well. Tall ride height aside, the longer chassis suits the big Aussie cars better than Bits, especially the ute if you want any usable load space. You could stretch a Bit chassis to fit under the BA too, and it solves the oversized front wheel problem (sits nice and low at the front). I think I’ll be doing this for my car.

Other AU cars? Maybe. I could see myself doing a Torana hatch or E49 Charger for the Bit chassis. On the whole, I’m moving my projects to a much more scale look. Starting with a scale body then modding the chassis to match.

If I did sell bodies, they’d be about AU$20 unpainted. I don’t anticipate much demand at that price. We’ve got a group buy going at microrccenter.com for clear ’57 Chev bodies. You would think that Americans would snap them up, but so far we’ve only got three interested parties (me being one of them).

Admin
      Participant

i am truely impressed, you deffinately have skills!!! the ute looks absolutely great how did you make it by the way?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Blueprint is a great colour too. Thinking about any performance mods?? UniChip make a system that gives an additional 90kw to the XR6 T.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

froggy, I spend most of my time at microrccenter.com I’ve posted a lot of info on body mods and scratch building there. Have a look around.

TallduDe
      Participant

when you said clear ’57 Chev bodies, did you mean the same size as a zip zap or the size of a Bit????

i wouldnt mind a 57 body.

Keymaster

Jamie – the car is leased, and will probably remain stock – I may consider exhaust changes and stuff like that after a year or so.

From what the Redcliff Dyno guys are getting (400kw+ at crank) there’s a lot of potential to tap into.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Damn, i guess 240kw is a fair bit anyway.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

They’re Bit bodies, register your interest here:

http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15062

I may get extras to re sell here at Ausmicro.

DaveF
      Participant

That Chevy body looks fantastic. Pity they painted the windows in black on the display one.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Here are some pics, not quite finished, but oh well.

http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=15338&st=0&#entry127934

Too lazy to re-post here.

Edited by – oldtamiyaphile on 29 September 2003 19:00:01

TallduDe
      Participant

cool body!!

any word about the chev bodies? like is the shipment going to be made?

barto_85
      Participant

great looking car otp, the colour is great, the body looks great.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

Where the hell did you get a ZZ in Australia, man?

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

I’ve got connections. Regular folk can buy them off eBay US.

Thanks for the comments.

Keymaster

Jamie, the powers that be suggest that you CLICK HERE you won’t be dissappointed.

And so ends my thread Hijack here….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

barto_85
      Participant

that looks really nice aaron, great choice of colour.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Wow i checked out the pics Aaron, seriously cool, almost shorted my keyboard 😯

Keymaster

Doing some better pics over the next couple of days with better lighting 😉 And a coat of wax on the car 😉

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Nice pics, but i saw a serious error in them Aaron

Keymaster

No ausmicro.com shirt?

No smoke from the rear tyres?

errrrr?

--
      Site Owner Guy.

murph
      Participant

Cool ride Aaron…

RacerX
      Participant

pork I fond ZZ avalibly in australia about 15 minuets ago http://www.mibglobal.com.au/category145_1.htm but they seem a bit exe to me $9 shipping around aus though and they sell upgrades

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeah, AU$60 is a bit pricey, but at least they are for sale here, I dont know of anybody else that sells them in Oz.
      :)uA

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      No smoke from the rear tyres?

errrrr?

Exactly!!!! Need some pics of you smoking it up.

peedee
      Participant

Ill post pics of ours this afternoon its the same as aarons

Keymaster

So where are they peedee?

Been over http://www.fordxr6turbo.com yet?

Or am I missing something?

--
      Site Owner Guy.

brendan
      Participant

That is a nice car, how much boost are u running

Edited by – brendan123 on 26 November 2003 23:55:47

Impreza
      Participant

Nice ride A. No stick:( or is that a semi automatic? In that case nice ride;)

Keymaster

It’s “tiptronic” style auto… actually a very nice gearbox.

I’m only running stock boost and that probably won’t change..

It was pranged by a dealership yesterday when in for a service so I’m currently not a happy camper….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Man i seriously would be beating the SHIT out of those guys….looks like they were giving a flogging.

peedee
      Participant

yea here ya go ill get some more photos later its currently raining ill get some of the engine interior etc and ill stand next to it so u guys dont think im bull sh*tting, its curently running on the stock turbo, with the auto, with sports shift (same as aaron)

http://pic9.picturetrail.com/VOL292/1611560/3087887/39928497.jpg

Super Max Power
      Participant

What is the standard boost the XR6’s run?
      Do they have a ball bearing turbo?

I have a R32 GTS-t Skyline and it is the easiest car to get extra boost from. You can make your own bleed valve for about $50. You have to be careful you don’t boost it to much (under 12psi) because of the ceramic turbo. The injectors start to hold you back a bit also.

When you add a bleed valve you get a better response time from the turbo as the wastegate opens later in the boost cycle. This means you can run a stock boost but get the turbo to full boost faster – who doesn’t want that?

brendan
      Participant

i think stock xr6 turbos run round 5 pound boost,and most turbod cars now are ball bearing turbos.

Edited by – brendan123 on 09 December 2003 22:06:35

Super Max Power
      Participant

Only 5psi!!!
      I’d be finding a away to get around that quick smart. I already know they are damn quick cars but with only 5psi you might be better off blowing into a straw for forced induction.
      There is way too much potential in the XR6 turbos to leave the boost that low.

leonli17
      Participant

I just wish u can drive that car on P plates. But then again, I still have to wait 2 years to get my P plate.
      And I wish there will be a FPV version of the XR6 Turbo (like Twin Turbo) Is there enough space for that?

Edited by – leonli17 on 10 December 2003 00:27:28

brendan
      Participant

if you wanna get a twin turbod engine, rb26dett is the way to go,

Keymaster

There’s always plenty of room in the engine bay… As for more boost 12psi is what most people run with a small intercepter ECU in place….

Makes about 300kw….

Personalyl I’ll stick to linking gear up the Premium sound screen 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

There are rumours that the Series II BA XR6T will be 280kW and is due in about 12-18 months. The engine is ready and waiting, Ford are just stuffing around trying to get rid of the sh!ty manual and replace it with the GT unit. I read all this in Motor magazine about 2 weeks back.

leonli17
      Participant

Yeah, they will replace the Trans with a 6 speed. I wish they put CVT in there.

Keymaster

Just remember back in Sept 2002 Motor got most of the details of the Turbo wrong – and that was only 1 month prior to the cars release….

I look forward to seeing what’s going to be here in 3 years… Although by then I may be thinking GT 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

My mates Cordia had 25psi.
      Beat that.

brendan
      Participant

my brothers friend is running 40psi in his s14

peteWah
      Participant

Thats a winner in my eyes but i hate the s14 silvia to bits…
      Skyline’s R32 33 34 would be my car of choice for a setup like that s14 you are talking about.

I like and would like to own 1 day a Supra or a 300ZX in a twin turbo
      one day maybe but i will probally buy a mates VL turbo or his other mates Cordia that i was talking about…
      if and when is another story…

:D:smiley2::smiley2:

Keymaster

As an aside – I’ve whacked a daul intake cold air induction setup onto the XR6T…. Based on a hybrid of XR8 parts, XR6T parts and a adapter from a guy in Perth….

Result is traction problems through 1st and second gear…. Somewhat odd having T/C activate at 90km/h!!!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Damn, i’m thinking of treading the cold air induction path myself. I didnt know it made such a difference! She is a non turbo, 2.8 high compression head, straight 6, slightly worked with 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust and a trust pod filter. 110rwkw……weak

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Did you see the XR6 on Autospeed? 400rwKw on the stock turbo. About as much as a ‘Super’car 😀

But, the ultimate engine would be a 4.7l Toyota Tacoma block (can be bored out to as much as 5.3l), Lexus heads, twin turbos, well over 1000 streetable HP for around $20k. This combo has been known to produce 3000HP in race applications.

Edited by – oldtamiyaphile on 07 June 2004 14:32:04

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The JGTC supras use that engine i believe.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Nah, they run the 2l 3S-GTE. Air restrictors even out power between it and the 2.7l Skylines (and 3.5 NA NSX’s).

Soon as I got 20k I’m gonna put one in my 928 (more likely my next 928).

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.