4 Those that bought KIT s 4 parts……

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      DarkTari
      Participant

Hope U held onto the pinions…..

Hope you held onto your pinions…

It may come in handy as I just found out. Last weekend I decided to look into some issues with my Precious I recently purchased. My previous post read:

Precious WRX : I expected this to run as good as my son?s, it really ?sucked?. Fit was decent, finish not so good but I didn?t expect it to be. Gears binded, turning right was excellent, turning left was very wide, it strayed in straight line acceleration. Acceleration was decent, range was excellent (20?-25?), tires were mediocre.

Looking into the gear issue first, noticed that the pinion & idler gear barely meshed then the teeth would meet and lock it up. The motor wasn t close enough to the idler or the pinion gear was too small. I replaced it with a pinion I saved from the KIT s I bought a while ago and “Voila”. Gears meshed as good as in my 350Z ! And boy it ran so smooth and fast! Now I can t explain what I m about to tell you next but the left turning /straying issue dissappeared. It turns left & right very tight and tracks straight now. Go figure? Anybody got any theories besides the “X-Files” ? Welcome to the “DarkSide”

DarkTari :ph34r:

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah i got 2 precious clones for $30 cause i know this chick who was working at a stall that sold them and yeah one was good the other sucked…my mate had 3 that were so bad he too em back to the factory..precious clones are pretty much the borttom of the barrel quality wise….some are good and some really suck

http://www21.brinkster.com/gtahh/
      custom shells, mods and tips

dgs73
      Participant

handy to know those axles are useful… how much did you grind off (the part that holds the axle, opposite the gear) to make it fit??

Lazboy
      Participant

dgs73 he did not use the AXLES GEARS he used the little black GEAR all thoght his is white coz its a bit racer gear

CompactChar-G 40Mhz S2000 range mod, spring suppention
      Bit Char-G 57mhz Booster Fairlady Z

Shypo
      Participant

the white with a 2.6 even on a normal gear with normal orange gearing seems to make ur car faster IMO

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

z-beam
      Participant

whats the diff?: the steering problem sometimes is purely a power output imbalance on the rear axle, does a booster turn the same circle with/without the “boost” held down, no cos the power output is different. why?, because one way the middle gear is loose and didn’t provide the same power as the other way.

the kit pinion has 7 spokes whereas a black bit pinion has 6. the more spokes on the pinion the faster the top speed. technically the accel’ shouldn’t increase but i’m sure some bits will improve ‘cos of the increase in gear meshing.

engine balance mod comes highly recomended for troublesome bits.

i have modded some of my tomy bits to accept 6,7 and 8 spoked pinion gears with the standard orange gears, so who actually knows the tech side of gear ratios eh? i dont want repeat qfm info here, what would be the ratio on the orange gears but swap the initial 6 and replace it with an 8?

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      handy to know those axles are useful… how much did you grind off (the part that holds the axle, opposite the gear) to make it fit??

The part I used was the “pinion gear” the gear for the motor, if you look at it, it is larger than the Bit/MS. Now I have used the KIT wheels on my MS. Removed them from the KIT axles and put them on the MS axles with the stock MS gear. I didn t like the way the KIT axle & wheels fit. Gears were very loud and didn;t mesh properly. So I went with the MS axle, idler, & pinion. Check it out, let me know what you think….

http://groups.msn.com/TheAdmiralsLair/bitchargboard.msnw?action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=2507&LastModified=4675411876029411840

DarkTari

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      the white with a 2.6 even on a normal gear with normal orange gearing seems to make ur car faster IMO

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

No Doubt! KIT motors are much faster than stock BITs/MS. My 2.2 KIT kills the stock 2.2 Bit and smokes the Bit 2.6

DarkTari

z-beam
      Participant

i got blasted before the crash cos i thought (post) the same tari, i agree tho. my kit 2.2’s go faster than the 2.2 i got with a booster chassis. some would say they differ only ‘cos one is worn in.:question:

i had to cut away abit at the motor well so the bigger pinion would fit.

dgs73
      Participant

my mistake with the pinion, Lazboy & DarkTari. Replied before reading properly. Shouldnt do this at work…:blush:
      Do agree tho, I got an KPH/MPH KIT racer, the motor really fangs. Found i cant use the 7 tooth pinion that came with the set, but

GT-ahh
      Participant

you could if use the 7 tooth if you used the kit racer rear axle tho…

z-beam
      Participant

cut away no need to delay, play at your speed be freed from limits.

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      yeah i got 2 precious clones for $30 cause i know this chick who was working at a stall that sold them and yeah one was good the other sucked…my mate had 3 that were so bad he too em back to the factory..precious clones are pretty much the borttom of the barrel quality wise….some are good and some really suck

I must disagree, The Precious may not be the “best” clone, but it s definately not the “bottom of the barrel” Out of all the clones I’ve read about, the choices are the
      #1). Shen Qu Wei
      #2). Panthers
      #3). Precious
      And so on. Now granted every car is not going to be the best, you will get some bad apples. Take Suburu for instance, there may be 2 indentical WRX on the showroom floor, one may give you not one day of trouble, the other may stay in the shop most of the time. This is according to who was on the assembly line at the time, how they were feeling, etc. or the assembly line of the OEM manufactor of parts! see where I’m going? How did you like the one that was good? Speed? Steering? Range? See what I mean! Now I bought 3 Shens a month ago, all 3 ran excellent, not 1 problem! But that 4th car, the one that I didn’t get, that the next guy picked up, it may have had all sorts of problems, doubtful but possible. Quality Control Baby, Quality Control!

DarkTari

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      i got blasted before the crash cos i thought (post) the same tari, i agree tho. my kit 2.2’s go faster than the 2.2 i got with a booster chassis. some would say they differ only ‘cos one is worn in.:question:

i had to cut away abit at the motor well so the bigger pinion would fit.

I use the BIT pinion on the KIT motor. The only thing that needs adjusting is the motor contact, needs to be lifted a little from the end cap so that it can make good contact in the Bit motor bay.

DarkTari

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      you could if use the 7 tooth if you used the kit racer rear axle tho…

You can, I didn t like the way the gears meshed though, not smooth and too loud. I stick with the Bit/MS gears. Also the KIT gears doesn’t allow quick acceleration, I’ve tried them all! They’re geared to run on KIT cars which have direct battery-to-motor power that equals more torque. Not thru a PBC board like Micro’s.

DarlTari

z-beam
      Participant

the booster chassis (standard) has just enuff grunt to use some kit axles. i m sure a multi cell bit would easy have the power to use them 2.

DarkTari
      Participant

You re right about that! But it still wouldn’t be as quick as the same car with a Bit axle & gears. Now top end is another story. My first attemp at using the KIT wheels was with a Skyline w/an Extreme 3.5. The motor wasn’t a high torquer and with the KIT gearing, it was a dog off the line but once it got up to speed, it was “shmokin”.
      The only reason I can see to use them is for the wheel design. Personally I like the stock Bit/MS wheels better than the KIT, they look more show. But the KIT wheels are different from the norm, they look more racey therefore makes them more desirable. I just put the KIT wheels on the Bit axles w/gear and call it a day.

DarkTari

spanky
      Participant

i have 4 precious, and all of them run perfectly. (better than my bit char-g WRX, which im just using for parts) using the pinion from the kit on them dosent work at all.. on 2 of the cars i use the entire kit setup and they fly…

i think you may have just got a bad car.. or two. after all they are clones..

Custom bodys: Ferari 250 GTO, 69 doge charger, Micro Cooper, Beemer 320i Turbo, Chevy PU, Hondai Tiberon Rally, Doge Intreped NASCAR, Porche 911
      email: custombitbodys@attbi.com

DarkTari
      Participant

Oh no, My Precious is fine now that I changed out the pinion. It is a great running car, I have no complaints now! It must have been some kind of defect with the motor bay. The KIT pinion shouldn t work without the KIT idler and rear.

I tried to use the KIT gears in an MS with the 3.5 (which is a low torquer), it’s just won’t jump off the line quick enought for me. Now when dragging a longer distance, I use all the KIT gears cause top speed is a “Mounster” with them in.

DarkTari

DarkTari
      If It Won’t Fly……Modify

z-beam
      Participant

the kit pinion will work with any gear set!

you need to trim the plastic where the pinion gear belongs and use two flat tipped screws to balance the motor angle, try it b4 you say it don t work again.;)

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.