Best of the Bit Clones???

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I know, I know, bits are the best, but I m looking to add a few disposable clones to the stable for heavy modifications. At $20-30/pop, Bits/microsizers are a little too salty when you can pick up a clone for under 10 bucks.

So, which clones are best in terms of quality and interchangeability with Bit components and accessories? There s a lot to choose from; Shen qi wei (SQ s), Precious, Thunder Bolts, Panthers, Cyclonas, etc. It would appear that most of sets with the round, gray controllers (with the blue buttons) are all coming from the same manufacturer.

Suggestions/advice??

Thanks in advance for any help! 😀

Speedy

Shypo
      Participant

LXX is the best clone IMO, evrything looks real, no fake stickers and also they now have auto modellista rip offs which boost up aswell

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

I agree with Shypo.

After buying a real Tomy from him, I also got an LXX. Though the LXX is faster out the box, I found the original to be much smoother and more accurate (while steering)

I don t have any others though… Will probably look at another clone sooner or later 😀

Aesch 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

i dont like clones at all to be honest becos for $30 u get something quite unreliable where for about $45 you can get a real Compact

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

Nah, clones are great.. At least I know what to do and what not to do while experimenting on a clone before I try it out on the original!! 🙂

Looking at increasing my collection of 2 (1 tomy, 1 lxx) after the next paycheck 😀

Aesch 🙂

Shypo
      Participant

i recomend a booster car, i really recommend it you can pick up a fairlady quite cheap off http://www.ebay.com right now and Auto Mod is pretty cheap aswell. or a bunch of pullbacks for the shells:D

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

Well, I got the Castrol Supra bodyshell and a red and clear celica bodyshells.

Am seriously thinking of the Fairlady, but I really should wait for my next paycheck.

Also looking for a Toyota Bb bodyshell too 😀

Aesch 😀

Shypo
      Participant

if you want the fairlady Z shell then just wait a couple of months and you can buy it in pullback form and if u have mates in the USA then you can get a microsizer body set of the NSX-R, new GTR, Fairlady and supra

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Shypo
      Participant

forgot to mention that the microsizer sets arent available yet….

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

aesch
      Participant

I ll make up my mind when I get the money.

Thought I’d kill 2 birds by getting the Fairlady as I can get my first booster as well 😀

Aesch 🙂

Admin
      Participant

Shypo, Aesch – thanks for the tips.

Another question: there seems to be some preferences
      among bit die-hards for earlier models becuse they generally had better range. I m still trying to decipher what all of the markings on the box stand for. I know all the basics (gearing, motor size, MHz, etc.), but what does the “L” designation on the left hand side of the display box stand for? I’ve seen “L-01”, “L-05”, and others (I think).

Same goes for the LXX’s. Is there a preferable designation? Also, as far as the LXX’s go, all I’ve been able to find on ebay are the Skyline body types. I’ve also seen “Calsonic” LXX’s. Whats the difference?

Thanks again!, :approve:

Speedy

Shypo
      Participant

ok, first things first. the range on the older cars i have seems a tad better but other new cars have cripple capacitators whcih can be cut off and you will then have the same range (usually)
      LXX s only come in a few different styles compared to BCG the LXX’s come in 4 plain skyline colours and 5 different race spec colours, most of these are a clean cut rip off of BCG. the calsonic is a LXX special edition with a so called 1500 ever made. my advice is steer clear of clones until you want to try some radical modification becos BCG are the orignal and imo the best

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Admin
      Participant

Shypo,

Thanx yet again for the info – VERY useful for me
      My first true bit (ok, a microsizer – here in the states you know) and the range, well it leaves something to be desired from what I ve been told. I went looking for the cripple cap in the controller – not there, and I did unsolder the mini cap on the chassis board – no improvement. My next mods to try to improve the range are a telescoping controller antenna and an upgraded chassis wire antenna. We’ll see if that has any effect.

Given your advice, I think I’m going to also pick up an LXX.

Still waiting for my Japanese BCG to arrive in the mail…

Speedy

Shypo
      Participant

i have a 49mhz microsizer a yellow lancer and it doesnt have the greatest range either but its ok. as a clone i would just buy a LXX if u really want one but my best advice is before you buy a clone booster from LXX buy a real BCG one cos the differenece in quality and performance is HUGE.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

spanky
      Participant

i have a few bits and a couple Prescious clones. the precious are excellent running cars. ive been using them for over a month and have still not had any problems. and the precious have a better range, partially because of a thicker gauge antenna. i have heard that the shen-qe colnes are also pretty dang good.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.