Crankin Out Custom Painted Bodies

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      CaboWabo
      Participant

Here’s my first flame job.
      I used liquid mask and painted completely backwards, starting with white first, moving to yellow, red, then the metallic blue.
      I like how it turned out, the flames look more realistic.
      As always, pictures never quite seem to do the ride justice, but here’s the new hotness:

shot01.jpg
      shot02.jpg
      shot03.jpg
      shot04.jpg

This next S-2000 (you know I can’t stay away) was built for the track:
      shot01.jpg
      shot02.jpg
      shot03.jpg
      shot04.jpg

You know, I’m actually starting to like some of these sport bodies, the colored transparency kinda sets off the right paint job.
      The windows make me think of a ricer kiddie car.
      oh yea, this is spray paint.
      coat of white.
      coat of metallic blue.
      coat of dark metallic blue.
      detail painting.
      clear coated.
      shot01.jpg
      shot02.jpg
      shot03.jpg
      shot04.jpg

Shypo
      Participant

Damn those paint jobs are fine as man

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, all three cars are really nice. nice job on the flames.

Impreza
      Participant

I like the flames as well, but I think I am most partial to the last one as it shows skill to blend the colors like that:) How did you get it so even CaboWabo?

barto_85
      Participant

yeah that is great, how did you do that? and i like the purple windows too.

spanky
      Participant

purple windows are from a purple ms sport car. he probably just left them as is.. it looks awesome.

CaboWabo
      Participant

thanks pimps:smiley2:

I used spray paints and gently started from the rear and worked my way towards the front.
      Takes some practice cuz it’s easy to over-spray or spray too heavily on the rear and not enough on the front for the fade.
      The car was a MS Pro and came with transparent purple so I just used the purple to accent the paint job.

barto_85
      Participant

yeah it looks really good, well done cabo.

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

i think all the cars look superb, except for one detail. Im not trying to be negative or anything like that but imho i dont like the silver on windows on the car with flames, it looks to ehhh, hard to explain. Other then that, your the man of the hour, if there was a ausmicro.com award for painting you would have it!!!:D:p:smiley2::smiley16:

DaveF
      Participant

The fade looks very professional. well done.

ph2t
      Participant

Cabo, how did you do the flames? Was this a layered masking job? Hand painted?

Cheers,

ph2t.

CaboWabo
      Participant

Thanks pimps.

SurfmyStrat – you’re not the only one to say that, payaso don’t like my mirrored winders either, I’m torn:) – thanks for the input homie!

ph2t – I masked the windshield and head/tail lights. I painted her white. I then took liquid mask and painted that on by hand in the shape of how I wanted my white flames. After the liquid mask dried, I sprayed her yellow. Then I did the same process and started to use the liquid mask again and painted it on how I wanted my yellow flames to take shape. Once dried, I painted it red. Again, with the liquid mask – in the shape of how I wanted my red flames, once dried, I painted it the rest of the way with the dark metallic blue. From there it was just detailing.:smiley2:

barto_85
      Participant

sounds like a timely process, came out looking good though, good job.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.