Good body for body drop

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Cranga
      Participant

I love body drop!
      But i cant drop my skyline body any further, as the PCB hits the
      windscreens of the body. Has anyone else experimented with this before? or have they had a body which you have had no restrictions on?

Bap Bap Bap

Cranga
      Participant

Oh come on!
      some body must have lowered their BCG here!

Bap Bap Bap

Craz
      Participant

it normally helps to wait longer than an hour to get replys. I suggest instead of dropping the body put on a ‘body kit’. get another scrap car and cut the bottom of it then join it to the car. Or if your a bit crafty just make a body kit yourself.

There are three types of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can’t.

Cranga
      Participant

Yeah i know, i was just being silly,
      I have seen similar things to what your suggesting, but i think it looks to high, at the roof, maybee i could just chop the roof a little, hmm, oh well, thanks for the idea!

Bap Bap Bap

Barrelll
      Participant

i think the honda accord wagons are the best for body drops, they look really nice lowered, especially at the front.. i tihnk shypo has lowered his, if not a few other people have and they look really good

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Shypo
      Participant

to lower the skyline you have to shave just above the black on the insdie (i think thats makes sense lol) if the pcb cover is hitting the windscreen then pop the sucker off and use tape, its a weight saver and u can lower your car

yeah i have lowered mine front and back and pretty much all the fronts on all of my cars

—-
      Go Fast, Be Free with Low CC

Undisputed Post Pimp

zensx
      Participant

I have an NSX bit and it is dropped as far as it can go.I had to not only remove the pcb cover, I had to remove the steering stabilizer (which I was going to do anyway) and grind the bulkhead down.I also had to shave the inner fenders to allow the wheels to clear
      I shaved the mount holes upward and then mounted a peice of rubber to the underside of the chassis mounting tabs. It looks really sweet. When I first ran it, I flipped it over. I switched the front soft tires for the mediums and it handles very well. I have done this to all my bits and it works differently with other bodies

Cranga
      Participant

So whats it like without the stabilizer? sounds like you like your cars low!
      Is is a shame that TOMY had to bring out the cars with such high bodies, because they could have lowered them a fair bit as who drives them in rough terrain?

Bap Bap Bap

Cranga
      Participant

yeah thanks shypo, do you lower them by cutting out the slot that the chassi attatches itself to?
      Im not that keen on doing it to my auto modelista set though!

Bap Bap Bap

Admin
      Participant

I made a convertible car to make it easyer with the dual bat bod and i lowered it a bit its a fitracer not a bit char-g but they are the same dont know what speed moter in it though how can i tell that? theres no coulors.

Cranga
      Participant

no colours? everything is a colour! Yeah ive seen that mod on some other page, looks cool, but ot to keen to do a full roof chop, might just cut out the windows and replace with moulded chinese food containers, i took out pcb, lowers it a bit

Bap Bap Bap

spanky
      Participant

well i made this body and its looking pretty well dropped right now.. there are some pics of these bodys in the making on the custom bodys post. the only problem is that i suck at painting.. one was painted on the outside of the car and the other was painted on the inside. can you tell which is which?

painted.jpg

Edited by – spanky on 31 January 2003 19:56:03

the_bit
      Participant

how do u body drop.

👿 LUKE 👿

Craz
      Participant

Is it possible to roll guards, like heat em up and sorta mould em??? that would be pimp.

There are three types of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can’t.

spanky
      Participant

i made the body custom… and just made the fenders taller all the way around. so when mounting it they go to the ground..

paint smells good!!!

Shypo
      Participant

you shave into the shell or you can add tabs to the chassis.

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

spanky
      Participant

shave the shell. in the pice i was expermenting so i was doing bothe, but have meade correct now

paint smells good!!!

gtvolv
      Participant

The bB would be good to lower. It’s got a big square cabin that would fit over the PCB cover..

Shypo
      Participant

the bB is hard to lower as there isnt very much flesh in the shell to lower it, i dropped the back of mine and it looks kinda like its propped up on hydros but the front isnt gonna be easy, i will accomplish it though……..

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Barrelll
      Participant

If anyone is after a bB,i have one for sale, black 27MHz BRAND NIB for $62AUD, either pm me or email knightjg@postoffice.utas.edu.au

27MHZ 3.5 Honda Accord (Custom Exhaust and F1 Wing)
      35MHZ 1.0 Battery Modded Castrol Supra
      45MHZ 2.2 Custom Painted Yellow and Black WRX
      57MHZ 2.6 Booster Trueno
      Mini Z Blue WRX (Lights, Gold alloys, Exhaust)
      Mini Z Castrol Supra + all mods (Coming)

Shypo
      Participant

i have realised using the lowering tab attached to the chassis is the only way to lower the front of the BB

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

z-beam
      Participant

b.s. all you need is some special rims.

Shypo
      Participant

that doesnt drop the shell to the ground tho and u can c straight thru the front wheel arches then:shock:, not very attractive. best thing is use the lowering tab method cos otherwise u will get massive visbilty thru the front arches and also it elimnates any cuts in the shell

—-

Undisputed Post Pimp

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.